(Topic ID: 63792)

WoZ LED Lighting/Brightening Kits are here!

By PinballBulbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg
Woz1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

We finally have our WoZ LED Lighting/Brightening Kits complete. Sorry for the delay on these. There is a lot of wiring and everything is plg n play.

You can get them on our site at http://pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit

Comes with all the spotlights and LED strips needed to make the game glow. Everything is already pre-wired together and there is no soldering. This also has the bulbs and power supply with it so you won't need anything else added on.. Instructions included as well.

Tried to keep price as low as possible doing these for $119.99.

I've contacted the few who pre-ordered these as well. They are only available on a limited basis as they will be done in runs since they take some time to make.

Woz1.jpgWoz1.jpg

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

I just told my buddy to order it . Ill take some pictures and do a write up for you if/when he gets it .

That would be really cool, thanks!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

the lack of GI in the first pic is extreme. there is certainly more light in the game than that.
Markmon- did you make sure all your GI lamp boards and light "tubes" were lined up before taking that pic?

Ill let markmon comment on how the GI was, although when I have seen it in person, and these pics, the GI looks similar, if not the same. The glow on the slings you see in the right are from the spotlights overhead.

As far as if he had the tubes and LEDs of his GI lined up perfectly, I can't say. But I know the pics were taken with kit unplugged, but installed. Then we plugged in and took pics so same time, same room brightness etc in hopes we could get as even pic as possible in the two.

#19 10 years ago

Its just the joys of a widebody game. Judge Dredd is one of the worst for being dark in the middle of the playfield. But Markmon proved its an easy issue to overcome without having to add 8 spotlights all over the place pointing towards the middle.

Bam, thread hijacked myself. Just had to do it. I really like the lighting on this Dredd since it is a dark game.

Judge_Dredd_PF.jpgJudge_Dredd_PF.jpg

#32 10 years ago

Hey guys can we please stay somewhat on topic? If you love or hate woz please keep that to a woz review thread. Thanks!

#45 10 years ago

Just as a heads up the current stock of kits are sold out, but more are being made and should be available in a week or so. You can still order and they will be shipped out in the order they were purchased.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Woz needs some spot lights with all the LEDs no GI in the dark can't even play it I lose track of the ball its just blinding.

Sounds like this is the exact kit you need

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

While I totally get playing pinball in the dark, I don't know why you'd want to do it with WOZ. The playfield is so beautifully drawn I think it adds to the overall feel of playing the game. With lights out you can't see the tree bumpers either. We keep the overheads dimmed but not off and find it a perfect way to play. I still haven't written off this aftermarket kit, though, but am growing suspicious that nobody can answer if it voids the warranty...

The warranty question would be for Jack. I highly doubt this would void the warranty though since nothing is soldered. Everything is plug n play. So, simply unplug and removed if ever needed.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Point taken. Like I said, I may actually pick up a kit once they're back in stock and I talk to JJP about the warranty.

At this point they will be shipping in 2 weeks or less, which I hear is less of a wait than it was to get the pin itself so hopefully just pennies in comparison

Quoted from Squizz:

Q: How long does it take to install this mod?

About an hour or so. Some feedback on this would be great actually from people who got these so far.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from debaser:

We just got our WoZ which is at a bar with 21 other pinball machines. At night the lights are dim in the bar and it makes playing this pin a nightmare. The insert LEDs are so bright compared to the GI that tracking the ball is really difficult. When I'm done playing my eyes hurt from the inserts. It would be nice if the GI lighting could be adjusted via software like the inserts can be.
We may just have to buy one of these kits to brighten up the playfield.

Ill support you in this decision!

#68 10 years ago

Shipped the next batch. Another batch will be here this week. For the most part fairly caught up. All orders placed currently will be shipped this week sometime.

Thanks everyone!

#70 10 years ago

Shipped another batch and all who ordered will get one on this batch. I have some in stock now so they can ship out right away.

Thanks again everyone!

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from Mantra:

Will you have this mod at Expo in Chicago? ... if your going to Expo
If so I may hold off and pick one up from you there.

We don't have any current plans for the Expo this year since it is a bit far for us and we like to bring games to showcase our lighting and so people can play them!

1 week later
#74 10 years ago

Next set shipped out. Few orders still out there needing to be shipped and should be done in a few days. Thanks again everyone!!

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I would love to hear more reviews from folks who actually purchased this kit. Worth it? Dramatic effect? Does it take away at all from the RGB LED playfield lighting?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-lighting-ket-awesome - This thread has some discussions and reviews of the kit. I would like to get some feedback from others who have installed the kit as well here on the forums. Got a few emails about how the process itself of installing went for them.

3 weeks later
#83 10 years ago

Next set was mailed out! Next mailing will take place on the 14th and we should have more than the currently pending orders!

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I wish my WOZ would get born......
I already have the light kit waiting next to its spot. Kinda like new parents having diapers already piled up in the nursery.

Ive always wondered how many people bought this kit and didnt have their game yet

2 weeks later
#90 10 years ago

We went on quite the run of making these the last few days. All orders are now shipped and up to date and we have a few of these kits in stock and ready to ship now!

Thanks again everyone!

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I'm one of them! I just did'nt want to get involved in some type of "black friday" run on them if a huge load of games got shipped. But from the pics it really makes a difference. And after playing the game once in a darkened environment I quickly realized that it needed some light exactly as you provided.
But I still need my game to show up. Someday it will be here. Did you guys happen to take any pics with some of the different colored LED bulbs being used? I believe some guys were talking about it on the JJP site and it sounded interesting, but without comparison pics in the same environment its a crapshoot.

No pics at the moment, but the kit comes with 1 white and 1 purple bulb now for spot replacements based on all the feedback we got.

Quoted from iamabearsfan:I didn't have time to read this whole thread. Was there resolution to getting GI lighting around the slings? Even with the kit, it seems dark around that area of the playfield.

It is definitely a bit brighter in person. Also, you can point and re-angle the spotlights that go on the slings in any direction to help brighten certain sections. This will probably help illuminate all areas fully and help meet your preference.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from ManiacMama:

Are they tricky to install for a pin beginner? I would love the kit for my woz I am picking up this weekend but it will be our 2nd pin as we got lotr last weekend and have NO clue what we are doing.

http://pinballbulbs.com/installs/wozkit.html - check out the instructions and see how you feel about them. We are available for techincal help as well so it shouldnt be too tough

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me too, just ordered, how much time did it take to install Pinballer?

Curious on this one too form anyone who has installed. Anyone have a rough estimate on how long it took them to install?

3 weeks later
#112 10 years ago

With the black friday rush and getting these kits done we are now fully caught up and kits back in stock ready to ship today!

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Since this thread is a little old, thought I would post the URL where to buy these:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit

Thanks Probably a good idea this deep in!

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Bump. Gosh, I hope I get a discount on a set.
LOL
I need to wait until after the holidays before I can order mine. Money is too tight right now, but man, does this machine need it!

Hey, Thanks!

I don't think these will ever be discounted. Lots of questions during the black friday sale about those and still weren't discounted. Just too many materials and time into them and tough to keep in stock!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's no bigger idiot than me, and I was able to do it fine with their awesome instructions. And it looks great on the machine. Buy with confidence!

lol thanks for the recommendation !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballBulbs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-lightingbrightening-kits-are-here?tu=PinballBulbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.