(Topic ID: 63792)

WoZ LED Lighting/Brightening Kits are here!

By PinballBulbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Judge_Dredd_PF.jpg
Woz1.jpg
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Me too, just ordered, how much time did it take to install Pinballer?

Curious on this one too form anyone who has installed. Anyone have a rough estimate on how long it took them to install?

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Curious on this one too form anyone who has installed. Anyone have a rough estimate on how long it took them to install?

I think I read someone say a couple hours while taking their time.

#103 10 years ago

Installation was fairly quick but while I was doing it I decided to change to white rubbers so my time would be high but I think I spent about 1hour total.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Installation was fairly quick but while I was doing it I decided to change to white rubbers so my time would be high but I think I spent about 1hour total.

Thanks, I'm going to do the same thing while I'm at it, white rubbers.....

#105 10 years ago

Yup...I usually change them to white within a week. Sounds like its easy Pinballer22 if you got it done that fast.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

No pics at the moment, but the kit comes with 1 white and 1 purple bulb now for spot replacements based on all the feedback we got.

White for the Munchkinland pf? I think that works better. Purple is good for the castle, but Dorothy's house did need more neutral illumination.

BTW, install time was a little over an hour for me, taking my time. I took the left ramp off for the upper spots; easier to remove the spots from the top of the post though, and then install the post and replace the spots!

This mod definitely makes the game more playable. Until they add a software setting to dim the inserts more, you need this to see the playfield and ball near the flippers!

#107 10 years ago

Great Kit! Really does the trick, took about 1hr.

#108 10 years ago

Did anybody here swap out bulb colors on this kit? And if so, what combinations did you use and where? (Pictures would be great, too!)

#109 10 years ago

mine arrives today, I'll take some before/after pics

#110 10 years ago

Took me a little over two hours to install being extra cautious. Probably 45 minutes of that time was trying to decide whether to stick the back light strip to the wood or underside of plastic glass sleeve.(I chose Wood) I also removed left ramp and removed spotlights to tighten down post then re-attaching. Not enough clearance to spin the post down with spot lights on for upper left spotlight by spinner. If I had to install another kit it would take 30 mins tops. Since installing the kit I only play in the dark now. Game lighting looks so much better now. This kit is a must have.

#111 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The owner had his machine for about 6 weeks (isn) and replaced two light boards and the left door on the upper mini play field died while I was there. Of course one of the many woz zealots will soon scream BLASHPHEMY but facts are facts.

Had a problem with the left door too. It gets bashed a lot and the door shaft is held to the motor by two allen wrench style screws. Mine vibrated loose to where the pole slid down ever so slightly(maybe 2 milimeters) where the flange on the post no longer could clear the locking mech when that coil lifts up and down. Had to pull the witch playfield and lift the door shaft up while re-tightening the screws. There isn't much clearance there. The flange could stand to be a bit smaller to allow for greater margin of error. Its all good though.

3 weeks later
#112 10 years ago

With the black friday rush and getting these kits done we are now fully caught up and kits back in stock ready to ship today!

#113 10 years ago

Since this thread is a little old, thought I would post the URL where to buy these:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Since this thread is a little old, thought I would post the URL where to buy these:
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/wizard-oz-pinball-illumination-kit

Thanks Probably a good idea this deep in!

#115 10 years ago

Bump. Gosh, I hope I get a discount on a set.
LOL
I need to wait until after the holidays before I can order mine. Money is too tight right now, but man, does this machine need it!

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

Bump. Gosh, I hope I get a discount on a set.
LOL
I need to wait until after the holidays before I can order mine. Money is too tight right now, but man, does this machine need it!

Hey, Thanks!

I don't think these will ever be discounted. Lots of questions during the black friday sale about those and still weren't discounted. Just too many materials and time into them and tough to keep in stock!

#117 10 years ago

I did buy a WOZ to day and the GI is one thing i'm worried about.

Can you show before and after on youtube? And why not add a installation manual on Youtube, i'm a bit worried buying this and not sure i will be able to install it...

Thanks!

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Can you show before and after on youtube? And why not add a installation manual on Youtube, i'm a bit worried buying this and not sure i will be able to install it...
Thanks!

Sorry but its very hard to photo LEDs in the dark and video recording is going to be even worse. There are before and after pictures and a very long and detailed pictured installation set at pinball bulbs web site. You might want to look at that material and see what you think.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit:

Thanks!

There's no bigger idiot than me, and I was able to do it fine with their awesome instructions. And it looks great on the machine. Buy with confidence!

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's no bigger idiot than me, and I was able to do it fine with their awesome instructions. And it looks great on the machine. Buy with confidence!

lol thanks for the recommendation !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-lightingbrightening-kits-are-here/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.