5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Matty80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matty80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

G'day folks.

A few days ago I took delivery of a OCT 2013 build WOZ and everything was fine for a couple of hours then all lights after board 29 went out. After a reboot they came back on but were flickering random colours (different to the colour displayed by W6 and 29). They will come good and work for awhile then go back to random flashing and occasionally locking on. I've searched everywhere and reseated every connection (power and data) as it definitely presents as a bad connection somewhere. Tried bypassing multiple suspected boards all to no avail. It has the 7.5v boards in it and the previous owner mentioned he'd wound the led voltage supply back to 6 volts on advice from JJP. Is there any possibility this could be causing my problems? Certainly seems like a loose connection but I just can't find one! I do love this game and desperately want to get things sorted.

Thanks

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the help so far guys. Further investigation had me removing the castle playfield and a peculiarity I found, the power connections for boards 30 and 31 seem to be switched (wire labelled 30 is plugged into board 31 and vice versa). Seems to have been like that from factory as the wires are still cable tied tight in the loom and couldn't reach to the other position. Of course it could just be the stickers on the power connectors have been labelled wrong but if they are in fact swapped around, would that cause any issues? I imagine it would only matter for data cables and not power? Also Ballypinball do you stock the data cables for the led boards? I wouldn't mind buying a couple of longer ones to have on hand to switch out and test for faulty cables. It would be easy for me to come and get them from you rather than order from jjp

#5 5 years ago

I forgot to mention, I think I may have a couple of separate issues going on. W6 and its satellite boards all display fine all the time along with 29. 1 to 31 aren't affected by the flickering/rainbow colours but boards 2, 4, 7, 9, 10 all display solid colours (2 and 4 blue, 7 and 10 yellow and 9 red) when on white all led test. I've tried bypassing boards including 29 and tried switching out cables between 29 - 1 and 1 - 2 all with no change. 8 has been bypassed (including in the settings) as it was causing lights out after it. From 31 on are the ones affected by flickering/lock on but I've reseated all data and power connections and no change. I'm out of ideas and haven't had any response from JJP after 6 days from lodging a ticket. My dream machine has turned into a nightmare

#8 5 years ago

Some progress!

Thanks to Ballypinball for the help and advice when I called in to the shop today (oh whoops it's after midnight! Make that yesterday). He really was a great help and went above and beyond.

Thanks to wtatumjr and GRB1959 also for their advice.

The flickering/rainbow colour/lock on problem seems to be solved (faulty board and cable confirmed by moving both separately to other locations and problems following.

Still have a few GI boards making the wrong colours when trying to produce white but that seems like it will be a much simpler problem which I shall investigate further tomorrow but I can live with it for now.

Thanks again all.

Matty

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matty80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-issues-caused-by-under-voltage-?tu=matty80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.