IMAG0070.jpg
photo (6).JPG
219091-i.jpg
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
get-attachment.aspx1.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.23.08 PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

WOZLE is such an awesome machine. IMO it's the 2nd best 21st game out there only behind STLE. This is a grand slam for the companies 1st released machine.
I hope this fix they're close to releasing corrects everything for you guys once and for all. The last thing we need is for JJP to lose money and fold up. Rooting hard for JJP to get this right.

#1 here in my opinion. Just reversed, lol.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I installed a lie conditioner between the wall and my game about a week ago and it seems to have really helped the game. I haven't lost a board for a week and haven't had any lockups.

Glad to hear. Sounds like the issue certainly has something to do with voltage then.

I have the line conditioner / voltage regulator below being used not just for WOZ but all of my machines. With an older game like TZ I would think it helps provide a constant clean line of 120v power to the game due to that games older components.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-LE1200-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B00009RA60/ref=sr_1_2

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Good to hear they have a fix...
But does that mean all the games they are shipping for the next month (or 3 weeks-ISH) will have the faulty boards? Seems like a PITA for them to have to deal with down the road....

Not all games have faulty boards and they are not the games shipping today. The board issues occurs on games with 5 volt LED boards. Game made since I think September 2013 have 7 volt boards. Games with 7 volt boards, like my own, have been rock solid. Even though there are now more 7 volt games out there its nice to see JJP fixing games they made during the first few months of production that had 5 volt boards. I also remember reading on the JJP Google Group that its typically the same numbered boards (I think two of them) that fail and that replacing those fixed most owners problems. However, it does seem like some 5 volt games have more boards failing then others.

It also sounds like whatever the fix that is being worked on may be built into the boards themselves for games built in the coming weeks. Maybe 5 volt owners, or whoever needs the fix, will be offered some type of module they plug into their game that corrects the issue.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I haven't changed anything other then the power supply and everything stabilized. I was blowing 7v boards every game before. I can say that in my game, it was the power supply. I like the power conditioner idea.

For as much as we pay for pins, especially NIB ones, I think the $48 for the voltage regulator / line conditioner below is worth the cost for the protection it can provide. During really hot days during the summer the voltage regulator will make a clicking sound which indicates that the device is correcting either under or over voltage. I suspect this happens often in the summer due to nearly everyone using air conditioning in my area and the greater chance of brownouts. I don't want to know what would happen during the summer if I was playing one of my pins without the voltage regulator and the voltage suddenly dropped or spiked.

Here's my setup

APC surge protector which plugs into the voltage regulator below.

http://www.amazon.com/APC-Performance-SurgeArrest-Splitter-Protection/dp/B0012YLTR6/ref=sr_1_1

APC voltage regulator

http://www.amazon.com/APC-LE1200-Automatic-Voltage-Regulator/dp/B00009RA60/ref=sr_1_1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-issue-info?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.