IMAG0070.jpg
photo (6).JPG
219091-i.jpg
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
get-attachment.aspx1.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.23.08 PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#81 10 years ago

no light board issues on my end, but im getting a line conditioner anyways, the power in my house sucks (spikes and dips) due to previous owner having too many circuits and not enough breakers. It makes sense to protect such an expensive investment with such an inexpensive option.

1 week later
#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I heard they charge for shipping though.

standard ground shipping is free, you only have to pay if you want something shipped faster. (i got my new power board that way as i was expecting ppl over to play it this weekend)

3 weeks later
#213 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have been waiting for a board since april 1st - so they must be replacing a lot of them. I wonder if they extend the warranty as my game is sitting there waiting for the new board.
thanks ed

dont wait, email lloyd and make sure they are aware you are waiting.

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Realistically? You'll probably get support. But when the CEO of the company comes around here and says you won't because he's trying to stick it to some guy, well ... it gives you pause. Does that mean you get support until someone finds out you're the second owner? Or until it turns out your game is a PITA to support?
We can all hope JJP is reasonable and provides common sense support for their machines, but the direct info straight from Jack is "nope", so who can really say with any certainty?
Now obviously what Jack was trying to do was shut down a grey market dealer. I get that. But it's not at all clear that a second owner of a game from an authorized dealer gets warranty support, I'd love to see an official statement to that effect after the mess that happened here. Alex said that was the case, but Jack also said Alex isn't able to be a spokesman for those statements. So ... welp.
I guess the other question is do you need to see proof that the game you're buying came from an authorized dealer? Check the paper trail?

Solution, if you see a JJP used game you are interested in, simply email or call JJP and ask. With all the past drama on this forum, this is the last place i'd look for an official statement.

#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is what I find annoying about (some but more than a few) WOZ owners on Pinside. The constant playing of the "you don't own the game so why don't you just be quiet" card. This is a pinball forum, speculating about games is what we do here!

While I get what your saying (and have seen it in other threads/comments), I dont feel like Taylor was implying that here (edit: ok maybe I was wrong, lol). He was simply stating something I tend too agree with, if you want to get an official response as to warranty, simply go to the source. Yes Alex has said one thing, yes Jack when pissed about a dist problem said the opposite... but this is a forum, and hardly legally binding. I am sure when a used WOZ comes up for sale, someone will simply ask for clarification and get an answer, and use that answer to help them decide one way or another.

I just dont get the constant bickering about this stuff, and I am not talking about you specifically, just the topic in general, that’s all.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have to laugh at how fast you got them - and here I am still waiting as it's been 29 days and still no board - yet we are 10 miles apart. so it can't be a shipping thing - I am just so upset about the whole waiting mess - Lloyd is great - but it's not him who mails the boards out. some guy named sal - and every time I ask Lloyd he ask sal to mail the dam board out - sal must not like me
glad everything is good with your game - just wish I could play mine as I have not bypassed the bad board.
thanks ed

I have had to do this once in the past when stuff lagged... email lloyd, sal and Jack, get everyone on the same thread and let them know whats up. At the very least, nothing to lose.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Sounds like your order fell through the cracks Ed. You may want to contact Lloyd again if you haven't already done so. He might be able to help expedite your replacement boards.

I would just email Sal, Lloyd and Jack all in one shot (if you dont have any of their addys let me know) and just get it done. venting here wont get you your boards any faster. Though i understand your frustration.

#317 9 years ago

Sweet vid, thnx for sharing. im still on the fence about adding the extra GI lighting myself. glad your lockup issues seem solved so far.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

If you're interested check out the following topic on the LED strip I installed. Currently its only secured by Scotch tape and can be removed easily.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/added-usb-led-tape-light-for-gi-to-woz

Yea ive seen that thread, my only hesitation is how visible is the light strip from the players perspective. but i will will ask questions there as i dont want to drag this too OT.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

Great so who knows when this will be made available to all original owners and when an official statement will come from jjp. Without those, this fix doesn't mean much at this point.

I respectfully disagree, i think its huge for those having lighting problems to see (and get) a fix. for me, someone who has had no probs with lighting, at some point once all the problem machines get patched up (and we know for sure the fix worked) I'd enjoy some sort of explanation. just my .02 tho.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

"If your LED's are temporarily locking up, find the board after the last working board in the chain and again, support a ticket to get a replacement."
This is a problem I'm having but I don't understand how to "find the board after the last working board..." My machine light usually all lock up suddenly in mid-game so how do this...I just don't understand?

Like mentioned above, take a video of the lockup and those here will help you track it down. The other option is to open a ticket and reach out to Lloyd and he can walk you through how to find it as well.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Here's mine. Bright purple lights are the ones that still work.

I would open up a ticket (and email Lloyd the pic)

3 months later
#340 9 years ago

only about two weeks for me with my replacement board, but so far so good.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Metallik has a good point: how many times will it be necessary to replace yet another RGB LED board until the problem will DEFINITELY no longer occur? The only correct answer is "ONE" - i.e., JJP should supply a complete set of modified boards to each owner of games that predate the "ultimate fix" to remove the ticking time bomb characteristic of the RGB LED boards.

My understanding is that you replace a few boards in the chain with the new ones with filters which is supposed to negate the need to do the rest (since they are all connected in series) but time will tell if that is the case. They have and are handling it, that is what matters to me.

1 year later
#355 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

This thread just died a year ago so what's the fix ?if any ...I'm supposed to fix my friends woz... He has 5v boards. so if I read correctly I need 7v power supply and light boards and it still won't work rite

Does he have any boards out? stuck? if so, open a ticket with JJP support. My understanding is, not all boards need to be replaced, but the replacement ones have a filter that keeps the boards (and those in the chain around it) from blowing so a few of those in key places takes care of it.

Regardless, Lloyd, Frank, Ken and the JJP support team will fill ya in on what to do.

Mine had the newer boards, but not the newest ones with the filter, so when i did eventually blow a board, they replaced it with the newest one. Haven't had an issue since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadenerd925.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-issue-info?tu=arcadenerd925 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.