Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WOZLED.jpg
IMAG0070.jpg
photo (6).JPG
219091-i.jpg
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
get-attachment.aspx1.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.23.08 PM.png

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

I think the weather / Humidity is definitely an issue with the original boards. I had issues every single day. A couple of weeks before the new boards were available the problem went away as the weather changed. I would love to think it is gone for ever but nothing changed so I am sure I will have the issue once it gets cold again.
Unfortunately the current method to identify the problem board was also not available at the time so I don't know which one is the first in the chain to have issues

There was mention of a grommet and something else to help prevent resets etc. and improve the grounding. That could be an issue in colder weather with drier air and more static electricity. Maybe check that out?

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We have games all over the world right now in all weather and humidity (or lack thereof conditions) the weather and humidity is not the issue.

If that's the case, then a software update must have fixed it. SOMETHING changed, because at one point it was so bad it wouldn't make it through 2 games without crashing the LEDs. This was during that ridiculously cold spell last winter with temps in the teens, gas heat and very low humidity. As it got more humid, the problem lessened, and I literally haven't had a single lockup since April. The game has been played a thousand times since then. Never changed a board, never did anything except update the code.

If the software fixed it, awesome and congrats! if I get lockups this winter, I will be calling you at 3am...

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If that's the case, then a software update must have fixed it. SOMETHING changed, because at one point it was so bad it wouldn't make it through 2 games without crashing the LEDs. This was during that ridiculously cold spell last winter with temps in the teens, gas heat and very low humidity. As it got more humid, the problem lessened, and I literally haven't had a single lockup since April. The game has been played a thousand times since then. Never changed a board, never did anything except update the code.
If the software fixed it, awesome and congrats! if I get lockups this winter, I will be calling you at 3am...

You will be calling him if you still have the old boards...weather isn't the problem as said, but it can exacerbate it.

1 year later
#354 3 years ago

This thread just died a year ago so what's the fix ?if any ...I'm supposed to fix my friends woz... He has 5v boards. so if I read correctly I need 7v power supply and light boards and it still won't work rite

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

This thread just died a year ago so what's the fix ?if any ...I'm supposed to fix my friends woz... He has 5v boards. so if I read correctly I need 7v power supply and light boards and it still won't work rite

Does he have any boards out? stuck? if so, open a ticket with JJP support. My understanding is, not all boards need to be replaced, but the replacement ones have a filter that keeps the boards (and those in the chain around it) from blowing so a few of those in key places takes care of it.

Regardless, Lloyd, Frank, Ken and the JJP support team will fill ya in on what to do.

Mine had the newer boards, but not the newest ones with the filter, so when i did eventually blow a board, they replaced it with the newest one. Haven't had an issue since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wimberley, TX
There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside