Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WOZLED.jpg
IMAG0070.jpg
photo (6).JPG
219091-i.jpg
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
get-attachment.aspx1.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.23.08 PM.png

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

With all this noise Jack made about warranties not transferring there's just no way I'd buy a used WOZ now.

Quoted from Jvspin:

Honestly, I think this is a non-issue.
Jack has built his reputation over many years on his great customer service. Why would he change his spots now?

I'm still confused over the JJP warranty policy.

What happens if you buy an HUO from an original owner--is there no warranty (even if the game previously had 5V or 7.5V board failures)?

#252 5 years ago

I've been able to do some more testing and may have finally isolated the boards that are giving me the lockup trouble and opened a ticket to get replacements.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I've been able to do some more testing and may have finally isolated the boards that are giving me the lockup trouble and opened a ticket to get replacements.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

I'm still confused over the JJP warranty policy.
What happens if you buy an HUO from an original owner--is there no warranty (even if the game previously had 5V or 7V board failures)?

Realistically? You'll probably get support. But when the CEO of the company comes around here and says you won't because he's trying to stick it to some guy, well ... it gives you pause. Does that mean you get support until someone finds out you're the second owner? Or until it turns out your game is a PITA to support?

We can all hope JJP is reasonable and provides common sense support for their machines, but the direct info straight from Jack is "nope", so who can really say with any certainty?

Now obviously what Jack was trying to do was shut down a grey market dealer. I get that. But it's not at all clear that a second owner of a game from an authorized dealer gets warranty support, I'd love to see an official statement to that effect after the mess that happened here. Alex said that was the case, but Jack also said Alex isn't able to be a spokesman for those statements. So ... welp.

I guess the other question is do you need to see proof that the game you're buying came from an authorized dealer? Check the paper trail?

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Realistically? You'll probably get support. But when the CEO of the company comes around here and says you won't because he's trying to stick it to some guy, well ... it gives you pause. Does that mean you get support until someone finds out you're the second owner? Or until it turns out your game is a PITA to support?
We can all hope JJP is reasonable and provides common sense support for their machines, but the direct info straight from Jack is "nope", so who can really say with any certainty?
Now obviously what Jack was trying to do was shut down a grey market dealer. I get that. But it's not at all clear that a second owner of a game from an authorized dealer gets warranty support, I'd love to see an official statement to that effect after the mess that happened here. Alex said that was the case, but Jack also said Alex isn't able to be a spokesman for those statements. So ... welp.
I guess the other question is do you need to see proof that the game you're buying came from an authorized dealer? Check the paper trail?

Solution, if you see a JJP used game you are interested in, simply email or call JJP and ask. With all the past drama on this forum, this is the last place i'd look for an official statement.

#256 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you are seriously all that concerned about it why not call JJP and just ask them? Speculating about it on a game you don't own or care to own seems like a waste of time. I would suspect anyone with half a brain would inquire about this before buying the game with the known issues.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If you are seriously all that concerned about it why not call JJP and just ask them? Speculating about it on a game you don't own or care to own seems like a waste of time. I would suspect anyone with half a brain would inquire about this before buying the game with the known issues.

What good would it do to call and ask? If they gave an answer that was the opposite of what was stated in writing here on Pinside, is anything actually resolved as to which would be the correct (binding) answer?

#258 5 years ago

I received a few boards that failed on my machine on Monday. I have installed them, and played my game a lot in the last two days. So far so good. No more lock ups, and nothing has failed. The test will be of course in the future. Time will tell, but so far I'm feeling good about these new boards. My game was early June 2013 delivery with 5v boards.
I even got 608,000 on my first ball, including killing the witch last night. Next two balls were a killer though.
Happy camper here. Hope it stays that way.

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

This is what I find annoying about (some but more than a few) WOZ owners on Pinside. The constant playing of the "you don't own the game so why don't you just be quiet" card. This is a pinball forum, speculating about games is what we do here! It's not like I'm making shit up, Jack came here and said things pretty straight up. I've tried to be fair and honest about what I think would probably happen if you needed support, my guess is it will be there. But the waters are a little muddy.

I've picked up the phone to call Jack before, and it wasn't that hard to get him on the line, but am I gonna do it now? No, you're right, I don't care enough to go through that trouble. I'm sure it will come to light sooner rather than later.

I probably won't own a WOZ, but not because I don't think it's a good game or I'm some kind of hater. As good as it is, there enough issues or things I'm not in love with (the music being a big one, LED technical issues aside) that I just can't see spending the kind of money it commands now, even Standards are $8k. That's too much money to compromise. I'm hoping to play it some more this weekend though, and I'm definitely a potential Hobbit owner if they can really nail it on enough levels to make me swallow the price. So yeah, I'm following JJP, and have my own opinions on the company and how they do business.

WOZ owners should care the most, it's your resale value that's affected, why don't you pick up the phone?

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WOZ owners should care the most, it's your resale value that's affected, why don't you pick up the phone?

Cuz we're never selling!!!

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is what I find annoying about (some but more than a few) WOZ owners on Pinside. The constant playing of the "you don't own the game so why don't you just be quiet" card. This is a pinball forum, speculating about games is what we do here! It's not like I'm making shit up, Jack came here and said things pretty straight up. I've tried to be fair and honest about what I think would probably happen if you needed support, my guess is it will be there. But the waters are a little muddy.
I've picked up the phone to call Jack before, and it wasn't that hard to get him on the line, but am I gonna do it now? No, you're right, I don't care enough to go through that trouble. I'm sure it will come to light sooner rather than later.
I probably won't own a WOZ, but not because I don't think it's a good game or I'm some kind of hater. As good as it is, there enough issues or things I'm not in love with (the music being a big one, LED technical issues aside) that I just can't see spending the kind of money it commands now, even Standards are $8k. That's too much money to compromise. I'm hoping to play it some more this weekend though, and I'm definitely a potential Hobbit owner if they can really nail it on enough levels to make me swallow the price. So yeah, I'm following JJP, and have my own opinions on the company and how they do business.

You like to type.

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is what I find annoying about (some but more than a few) WOZ owners on Pinside. The constant playing of the "you don't own the game so why don't you just be quiet" card. This is a pinball forum, speculating about games is what we do here!

Me? I don't give a shit what you type, I just don't see why you give a fuck. Seriously? You have no skin in the game and yet here you are speculating about something that could be resolved with a phone call? Do you think owners or prospective owners aren't making the call? Thanks for pointing out that this is something people should think about.
Holy shit…..back to playing pinball.

#264 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is what I find annoying about (some but more than a few) WOZ owners on Pinside. The constant playing of the "you don't own the game so why don't you just be quiet" card. This is a pinball forum, speculating about games is what we do here!

While I get what your saying (and have seen it in other threads/comments), I dont feel like Taylor was implying that here (edit: ok maybe I was wrong, lol). He was simply stating something I tend too agree with, if you want to get an official response as to warranty, simply go to the source. Yes Alex has said one thing, yes Jack when pissed about a dist problem said the opposite... but this is a forum, and hardly legally binding. I am sure when a used WOZ comes up for sale, someone will simply ask for clarification and get an answer, and use that answer to help them decide one way or another.

I just dont get the constant bickering about this stuff, and I am not talking about you specifically, just the topic in general, that’s all.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Me? I don't give a shit what you type, I just don't see why you give a fuck. Seriously? You have no skin in the game and yet here you are speculating about something that could be resolved with a phone call? Do you think owners or prospective owners aren't making the call? Thanks for pointing out that this is something people should think about.

You like to curse.

#266 5 years ago

I checked my replacement boards received in January, and they were the 5V. I would imagine I will receive the newer 7.5V boards.

Someone has mentioned putting one in replace of board 1, as the first in series.....is this true, and is it the #1 position?

Are they still shipping any 5V mini boards that anyone has received?

Other then the GI, I only wish there were several other background sound scores....otherwise, the game suites my personal taste, 100%...

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I checked my replacement boards received in January, and they were the 5V. I would imagine I will receive the newer 7.5V boards.
Someone has mentioned putting one in replace of board 1, as the first in series.....is this true, and is it the #1 position?
Are they still shipping any 5V mini boards that anyone has received?
Other then the GI, I only wish there were several other background sound scores....otherwise, the game suites my personal taste, 100%...

I received 7.5 mini boards last week. My originals were 5v. You have to tell them what location they come from because the new single boards come with the metal tabs already installed. The reason they come with the metal bracket is because the new mini board is attached onto the metal tab. I've never heard about location 1 only, and Lloyd never mentioned it to me. I only replaced the bad/failed boards, and everything is running great.

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is a completely crock of shit Taylor.

Yes, I agree that he probably didn't literally go back to playing pinball after he wrote that. What a f'ing liar!

#270 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, I agree that he probably didn't literally go back to playing pinball after he wrote that. What a f'ing liar!

Damn you! You quoted before my edit!

#271 5 years ago

here you can see our WOZ ledtester

now i can test boards outside of the game

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

» YouTube video

That's pretty cool. I'm assuming that since it's not quite the same as the conditions inside the game, it can't really be used to detect boards that will fail or lock up in the game, though, correct?

#273 5 years ago

So no LED issue updates then?

Same people talking with their "thumbs up" each other's asses.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I don't know how you ever actually have time to play pinball...

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure you could fit a few more paragraphs in there,, you know, where you repeat the same things over and over again,, the stuff you've said many, many times before.

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't know how you ever actually have time to play pinball...

i have time

have to wait again for new boards with seriel filters

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

his is what I find annoying about (some but more than a few) WOZ owners on Pinside. The constant playing of the "you don't own the game so why don't you just be quiet" card. This is a pinball forum, speculating about games is what we do here! It's not like I'm making shit up, Jack came here and said things pretty straight up. I've tried to be fair and honest about what I think would probably happen if you needed support, my guess is it will be there. But the waters are a little muddy.

As a WOZ owner I appreciate your honest questions. You don't have to own a game to ask legit questions. I really hope JJP makes some kind of official announcement about this issue once they find a solution. My game has had issues but so far no lockups. I would like to keep it that way.

#278 5 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

As a WOZ owner I appreciate your honest questions. You don't have to own a game to ask legit questions. I really hope JJP makes some kind of official announcement about this issue once they find a solution. My game has had issues but so far no lockups. I would like to keep it that way.

As a former and potential JJP customer I am following this issue with interest and of course all the back and forth banter, hostile responses, delays, etc and appreciate all the questions and comments from owners and non-owners alike.

PS - I was banned from JJP forum after posting a comment Jack made there on here (belittling a customer) so Pinside is the only place for this or any potential JJP customer to get this type of info on JJP products.

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

As a former and potential JJP customer I am following this issue with interest and of course all the back and forth banter, hostile responses, delays, etc and appreciate all the questions and comments from owners and non-owners alike.

I am in a similar position. Want one but it seems to me there are still issues. I am picky with my pins. If they have a credit dot I fix them before I play them. If something isn't dialed in playing 100% I do not play them. I like working on them just as much as playing them but cannot play them knowing something isn't right. Now the light issues can be dealt with but do these lock-ups effect scoring and knowledge of how to play and score? These are expensive pins and I will not drop that much money knowing it isn't 100% yet. I hope it gets there. I passed up a deal on a CC about 5 years ago due to all the lack of completion in code. Didn't and still don't exactly know what was unfinished in the CC code but when speaking with very knowledgeable pinheads they stated that you would see that it wasn't finished early on in playing the pin. When I had my DESW it drove me NUTS that the one video mode did absolutely nothing and was never finished. There are a few bugs in games that drive me crazy enough to not want to own the pin. Call me crazy but that is just me.

#280 5 years ago

Speeder Mode in SW DE isn't just an unfinished video mode, it's an opportunity to reach for your beer. Stern liked the idea so much they brought it back for IJ4.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Speeder Mode in SW DE isn't just an unfinished video mode, it's an opportunity to reach for your beer.

Ha, good one! Wasn't there a recent update to DE SW?

#282 5 years ago

"I am in a similar position. Want one but it seems to me there are still issues. I am picky with my pins. If they have a credit dot I fix them before I play them. If something isn't dialed in playing 100% I do not play them. I like working on them just as much as playing them but cannot play them knowing something isn't right. Now the light issues can be dealt with but do these lock-ups effect scoring and knowledge of how to play and score? These are expensive pins and I will not drop that much money knowing it isn't 100% yet. I hope it gets there. I passed up a deal on a CC about 5 years ago due to all the lack of completion in code. Didn't and still don't exactly know what was unfinished in the CC code but when speaking with very knowledgeable pinheads they stated that you would see that it wasn't finished early on in playing the pin. When I had my DESW it drove me NUTS that the one video mode did absolutely nothing and was never finished. There are a few bugs in games that drive me crazy enough to not want to own the pin. Call me crazy but that is just me."

Very well written and thoughtful response Scottc. My thought is you should wait and see how the final code turns out on the machine and probably only buy a HUO from someone you really trust and who has worked out most of the issues or considering buying one of the last NIB. Hopefully the last NIB's will have the boards and other quirks worked out by shipping. I suspect any current code bugs (I don't think there's hardly any left) and light board issues would be upsetting to you. All of this is being fixed and the code currently has lots of depth but thinking about what you wrote I'm attempting to give you the most insightful response I can.

WOZ is my favorite game but honsetly I did have to do a few minor things such as getting the mechanism for the mulitball adjusted so it would release the balls properly for multiball. It was sometimes releasing 2 balls when I made a fast shot with another ball already in there. I was getting an unearned two ball multiball. Easily fixed as were adjusting a couple of switches. I wasn't the first owner of the game but wanted it working 100% My came with 7.5 boards and so far I haven't had a board die, but do get some light lockups occasionally. There's a fix on the way for that.

JJP has made a great pin but being their first,as you know, it has gone without some glitches. They are being fixed but perhaps again you want to wait awhile longer to purchase one or see how The Hobbit turns out and hopefully there will be a lot less problems as I believe JJP has learned a ton in making WOZ and will only get even better in all as they move forward. They will be using very different boards in that game and I believe the board issue seen with some WOZ's likely won't happen with their future games.

WOZ is great and unique and I'm proud to own one and I hope the above helps and good luck in your decision.

#283 5 years ago

Time for an update!

I recieved some new boards today

photo (6).JPG

After installing the game has been working flawlessly, yes I'm aware this has happened before.
But while I was waiting for the new boards I've been playing the game without the "bad" boards inline and played without any lockups while waiting for the boards to arrive.

I'm not ready to claim victory but I'm able to play severla games without any issues

#284 5 years ago

I have to laugh at how fast you got them - and here I am still waiting as it's been 29 days and still no board - yet we are 10 miles apart. so it can't be a shipping thing - I am just so upset about the whole waiting mess - Lloyd is great - but it's not him who mails the boards out. some guy named sal - and every time I ask Lloyd he ask sal to mail the dam board out - sal must not like me

glad everything is good with your game - just wish I could play mine as I have not bypassed the bad board.

thanks ed

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

glad everything is good with your game - just wish I could play mine as I have not bypassed the bad board.

If you need any help bypassing the board and/or borrowing a new style LED board let me know.

What number board do you need ?

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have to laugh at how fast you got them - and here I am still waiting as it's been 29 days and still no board - yet we are 10 miles apart. so it can't be a shipping thing - I am just so upset about the whole waiting mess - Lloyd is great - but it's not him who mails the boards out. some guy named sal - and every time I ask Lloyd he ask sal to mail the dam board out - sal must not like me
thanks ed

I have had to do this once in the past when stuff lagged... email lloyd, sal and Jack, get everyone on the same thread and let them know whats up. At the very least, nothing to lose.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Time for an update!
I recieved some new boards today...After installing the game has been working flawlessly...

That's weird, I think you've put them in the wrong game!

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Oh no, were these Ed's boards ?

#289 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

If you need any help bypassing the board and/or borrowing a new style LED board let me know.
What number board do you need ?

been waiting for board # 16 since the end of march - thanks ed

#290 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

On the flip side, though...that's probably one sweet foosball table now.

--Luke

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I'll follow up Ed.

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'll follow up Ed.

alex I appreciate it - but Lloyd has been on top of it - he emails sal every time I ask what is going on - so no reason to follow up - I am just letting off steam here as I love the game - but now hate it as I can never play it - I am really ready to just put it out to the trash - but it's too heavy to get down the stairs.

sadly I see as soon as I put this board in another will blow right away, and I will be waiting all over again - I have one of the early games and I now wonder if this stuff will ever get fixed by fixing one board at a time - months ago I offered to just buy replacements so this wouldn't keep happening - not allowed

if it cost me $100 to replace all the boards I would pay it if it solves the problem forever.

thanks ed

#293 5 years ago

Ed, if your at Allentown come see mark and me in our booth. Want to talk to u

#294 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

alex I appreciate it - but Lloyd has been on top of it - he emails sal every time I ask what is going on - so no reason to follow up - I am just letting off steam here as I love the game - but now hate it as I can never play it - I am really ready to just put it out to the trash - but it's too heavy to get down the stairs.
sadly I see as soon as I put this board in another will blow right away, and I will be waiting all over again - I have one of the early games and I now wonder if this stuff will ever get fixed by fixing one board at a time - months ago I offered to just buy replacements so this wouldn't keep happening - not allowed
if it cost me $100 to replace all the boards I would pay it if it solves the problem forever.
thanks ed

Ed if you need help bypassing a board let me know. I'll call you and get that squared away so you can play

#295 5 years ago

Ed take Alex up on his offer,it will take a short time to be playing again.
Enjoy your game.

Jim

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I have an updated #16 board you can use

I've found that it's good to jumper past the board and play so that you can identify if any additional boards are bad and get them on order. I initially was waiting to replace a single board before playing again but switched to the jumper out bad boards and request replacements in larger batches.

After installing this latest batch I haven't had the game lockup or any additional boards go bad

#297 5 years ago

#18 is a good board to switch out and jump over as its one gi light under the left slings...worked for me while i waited.

#298 5 years ago

Day 2: I've been able to play a few games tonight and everything is working flawlessly

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Day 2: I've been able to play a few games tonight and everything is working flawlessly

Good to hear! From my understanding, the new games being shipped are only getting one anti-lockup board in them (could be wrong, but I'm sure I read that somewhere). I guess maybe they think that this will be enough to filter out the issues. So one advantage of having board issues is that your game may have more of the anti-lockup boards than even new games.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Awesome! That's great to hear.

--Luke

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside