Topic Stats

• 355 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by arcadenerd925
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WOZLED.jpg
IMAG0070.jpg
photo (6).JPG
219091-i.jpg
IMG_0611.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
get-attachment.aspx1.jpg
get-attachment.aspx.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.23.08 PM.png

There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 5 years ago

Jack posted this yesterday on the groups site: "We have a fix. It's in the final testing phase and should be ready for prime time by the end of this month. Sorry, relief is on the way, finally".

Here's hoping it works and the led issues will be a thing of the past!

#2 5 years ago

Test it in Taylor's game. He's been reasonable about it and would be a good candidate.

#3 5 years ago

Glad to hear it!!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Test it in Taylor's game. He's been reasonable about it and would be a good candidate.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the fix is and have my fingers crossed that it works. I am positive there is no one on this planet that wants this problem fixed more than the people at JJP.

#5 5 years ago

Mark (Pinnovators) and Eric spent over 150hrs working on a solution...great effort guys.

#6 5 years ago

Is this going to be a fix for the LED boards? Werent those fixed?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Hopefully this will REALLY fix them.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

There was an initial issue with the 5 volt boards that were burning out (and likely still burning out) The system was changed to 7.5 volt boards and a power supply sometime around September I believe.

The other problem is affecting some machines of both systems including mine which is a 7.5 volt system (no boards have burned out) Lights lock up, in my case the Rainbow LED's and then scarecrow and TOTO. Boards can be reset by shutting off the game. It is these lock ups that this fix is supposed to address.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

There was an initial issue with the 5 volt boards that were burning out (and likely still burning out) The system was changed to 7.5 volt boards and a power supply sometime around September I believe.
The other problem is affecting some machines of both systems including mine which is a 7.5 volt system (no boards have burned out) Lights lock up, in my case the Rainbow LED's and then scarecrow and TOTO. Boards can be reset by shutting off the game. It is these lock ups that this fix is supposed to address.

Oh, great! I wasnt fully up to date on this so thanks!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from sc204:

Bingo!

#11 5 years ago

Does it address just the locking up of inserts or also the blowing of boards? Mine does both. Yippee.

#12 5 years ago

Locking up of LEDs. Would think blowing up of boards as well. Lol

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Locking up of LEDs. Would think blowing up of boards as well. Lol

Good lord I hope so.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Does it address just the locking up of inserts or also the blowing of boards? Mine does both. Yippee.

I'm pretty sure you're screwed until you get a new power supply

#15 5 years ago

Good news!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm pretty sure you're screwed until you get a new power supply

according to JJP it is not an issue with the power supply. I have added a line conditioner to WOZ to take out any power fluctuations on my end.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

according to JJP it is not an issue with the power supply. I have added a line conditioner to WOZ to take out any power fluctuations on my end.

How did you add this? Between the wall and the game? Or in the 5v after the lighting power supply? Has it helped?

#18 5 years ago

Between the wall and game. After installing I still lost 2 boards and had some lockups. I played it last night without issue but then my Monkey mech crapped out and my crystal ball fell off....and yet I still love the game.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Between the wall and game. After installing I still lost 2 boards and had some lockups. I played it last night without issue but then my Monkey mech crapped out and my crystal ball fell off....and yet I still love the game.

Wow... "insert build quality joke here".

I'm glad you're digging the game. If 2 toys broke $T... you would be left with -1 toys

#20 5 years ago

WOZLE is such an awesome machine. IMO it's the 2nd best 21st game out there only behind STLE. This is a grand slam for the company's 1st released machine.

I hope this fix they're close to releasing corrects everything for you guys once and for all. The last thing we need is for JJP to lose money and fold up. Rooting hard for JJP to get this right.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You deserve an award. By far more controlled than myself. Someone get this man a f'ing working game.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

WOZLE is such an awesome machine. IMO it's the 2nd best 21st game out there only behind STLE. This is a grand slam for the companies 1st released machine.
I hope this fix they're close to releasing corrects everything for you guys once and for all. The last thing we need is for JJP to lose money and fold up. Rooting hard for JJP to get this right.

#1 here in my opinion. Just reversed, lol.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

You deserve an award. By far more controlled than myself. Someone get this man a f'ing working game.

It's only pinball.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's only pinball.

It may only be pinball but my anger would be squarely rooted in the cost of said pinball. At $6.5k, there is little margin of error on my end for consumer products I purchase.

#25 5 years ago

Some would be surprised at the different levels of electricity coming into their homes. Our house runs really hot. I had a Monopoly that was breaking plastics and almost the glass at some points.

Once I put a conditioner on the machine, everything was better. Stern wanted me to change out the coils as a solution.

This would maybe explain the reason why the LED issue is happening to certain machines. Maybe these LED's are just that sensitive? I am sure JJP tested heck out of these machines before mass producing them. But maybe they were tested on like grids?

I am not an expert in this area by any means.

Thoughts?

#26 5 years ago

i use a line conditioner and stabilizer I guess its called, on all my games.
There was a post a couple years back on this, and I bought a bunch.
While I have lost a light board on WOZ, even with a conditioner, on other games,
Roadshow, Drac, TZ, I can see a difference in using this.
It was more prominent, when a branch was on the house wire, that has since been cut down...wind I guess.
But they were like $25-$30 from Amazon and have 4 outlets in the back.

#27 5 years ago

There are "line conditioners" that do not do voltage regulating. That to me is the key for what I was experiencing. This APC model has it. Little more expensive though....

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=67

I run one of these per two pins.

#28 5 years ago

do you think this "Apc Automatic Voltage Regulator 1200VA" would fix the led freeze at Woz?

would be available here in Austria also

thanks
tom

#29 5 years ago

Should a pin be designed to be thrown in to any store front/ bar and work?
Maybe the line conditioner/ voltage regulator need to be built in .

#30 5 years ago

I played a routed woz standard last night and there were no GI lights on in the slings or inlanes, all character lights were locked on as well as rainbow inserts to white with a couple others locked to green.
like the bottom 2/3 of the playfield had no insert activity at all.
Really hard to see where you are and what's going on. Other than that and the non functioning monkey it played OK.

Hope this update fixes it. I know the location is aggravated with the game.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

There are "line conditioners" that do not do voltage regulating. That to me is the key for what I was experiencing. This APC model has it. Little more expensive though....
http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=67
I run one of these per two pins.

I got the APC one you pictured.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

It may only be pinball but my anger would be squarely rooted in the cost of said pinball. At $6.5k, there is little margin of error on my end for consumer products I purchase.

I certainly see why some would get angry and there are times that I find it very frustrating but I am pretty certain that JJP is going to get my game 100%. The tech support and promptness that parts have been sent to me have been great and there is really nothing I can do until I see how the "fix" works. At that point my demeanor may change but I have other things going on in the hobby that I don't mind shifting my focus on.

#33 5 years ago

This is certainly good news.

#34 5 years ago

Fixes are coming... Faster then games lol

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I certainly see why some would get angry and there are times that I find it very frustrating but I am pretty certain that JJP is going to get my game 100%. The tech support and promptness that parts have been sent to me have been great and there is really nothing I can do until I see how the "fix" works. At that point my demeanor may change but I have other things going on in the hobby that I don't mind shifting my focus on.

That is the most grown up WoZ related thing I remember seeing in a while. I tip my hat to you!

#36 5 years ago

A guy on the groups site posted a homebrew led lockup fix that interrupts the string and looks like it works. If he can figure how to get them back working this easily, I bet JJP has a real fix coming - check it out:

#37 5 years ago

you have found my Video

regards

tom

#38 5 years ago

It's just a switch tied into the LED power supply lines. Not a fix, just a quick workaround. Pretty clever.

#39 5 years ago

What switch did the guy in the video hit? Did he install it? Any info appreciated!

#40 5 years ago

See above. Yes he did.

#41 5 years ago

My machine has had an LED failure rate similar to Taylor's. I have now lost 8 or 9 single LED boards and 4 of the large boards. This morning at least 7 of the LED emitters started displaying the wrong color so there must be at least one more bad board in the chain. The failures have definitely increased in frequency as in the first three months I only had two single boards die, but in the last month 7 small and 4 large have failed, including some of the replacement boards. I've decided to stop debugging and swapping bad LED boards until this fix is released. Pretty much every day now a new one dies. Unfortunately, my WOZ was built about a week too early (9/23/13) as it did not get the new 7v power supply and boards.

Looking forward to putting this LED mess in the past...

#42 5 years ago

well its an nice workaround.. great when u have games at home.. but what about if u have an routed game?

the customers who plays the game in the shop and see the LEDS frozen.. like hey u got to flip an switch to fix the locked up led problem inside the machine.. cant have that offcourse.

but maybe u should double connect the switch to the start button? if that is possible.. in that way u dont have to go inside the machine?

#43 5 years ago

Funny that jack jumps into other threads and gets into a pissing match with folks- but avoids threads like these?

Btw- agreed with some of what he said- but then he ruins it by getting pissy.

Lol- oh well.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

monkey crapped and ball fell off...gave me a chuckle ......only in pinball..... Hope you get it all worked out

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

but avoids threads like these?

maybe you should follow suite

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Funny that jack jumps into other threads and gets into a pissing match with folks- but avoids threads like these?
Btw- agreed with some of what he said- but then he ruins it by getting pissy.
Lol- oh well.

Maybe he avoids threads like these because:

1) everyone gets up in arms and has an emotional coronary every time he posts something
2) this is the business of owners who can read in his forums not here where all the trolls that didn't even buy the machine to comment.

You people have made Pinside an extremely hostile place for anyone making a pinball machine to hang out. Then staff bans people like Alex and that just leaves a bunch of whiners that can only complain about code and prices. Its a shame.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Maybe he avoids threads like these because:
1) everyone gets up in arms and has an emotional coronary every time he posts something
2) this is the business of owners who can read in his forums not here where all the trolls that didn't even buy the machine to comment.
You people have made Pinside an extremely hostile place for anyone making a pinball machine to hang out. Then staff bans people like Alex and that just leaves a bunch of whiners that can only complain about code and prices. Its a shame.

That is one of the best posts I have read in a long time Markmon!

#49 5 years ago

To a degree Alex was a bit rough tho.....

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

To a degree Alex was a bit rough tho.....

Mostly when pushed....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 355 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside