• Latest reply 6 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
35cf9164046e5269afa808050634ed9131952c85 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Looks like I spoke too soon. On Saturday, half of my W6 board locked up twice, during consecutive games. I played again on Sunday, and it didn't repeat.
So, I have a very basic question, though it might be tough to know a definitive answer. Can a failing cable cause a mid-board lockup? Two lamps on W6 were still working, while the rest were locked.

I'm just curious. Were the two inserts that were working the lock insert and the horse that is under it? I've been having an intermittent problem where all lights freeze in the middle of a game with the exception of those two that continue to work. After a minute or two, the problem corrects itself. I've been speaking to Frank at JJP. But, if you are having the same issue with the same two lights, that would be interesting.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mine were the horse and the crystal. Lock was locked.
I played one game and it did it again this evening, and I made sure to look at the lane leds which turned out to be working.
I then jumped past W6, and played five games with no more lockups. Was it coincidence, was it because I jumped past a bad board, or was it because I reseated the cable? I'm going to play some more games in the coming days, then put W6 back in the chain to see what happens.

Mine was happening every few games. I bypassed W6 and played a dozen games without an issue. I reattached W6 and things froze on the 5th or 6th game. It isn't definitive, but I'm placing my money on W6. Intermittent problems are a pain in the butt to find.

3 weeks later
#26 6 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I finally had one of the smaller individual led boards go out. It's only a few months after warranty so now I have to pay but seriously, it seems ridiculous for something like this to fail within 18 months of build. Hope it isn't going to become a string of paying again for a machine when it should work longer than this.

Call JJP. They may take care of you if you are only a few months out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-boards-1?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.