• Latest reply 6 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0685 (resized).JPG
35cf9164046e5269afa808050634ed9131952c85 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Any light of any type used in any application is going to eventually fail, not just in pinball.

For WOZ it probably matters which type of boards are in the particular game to have an educated guess generally how long they will last.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

In a recent WOZ thread, a buyer that bought WOZ and TH games with the new light boards had light board issues with both games. To your point, they are parts that could potentially fail (regardless if they are new or old board sets).

Agreed. My point is that all lights can and will fail. The newer the version the less likely to have major problems with their functionalty.
In WOZ, original 5 volt boards had high failure rates. The 7.5 volt boards without buffer boards were an improvement. The 7.5 volt boards with buffer boards are a further improvement. Now they have version 2.0 which appear to be non-serial boards that likely will be an even further improvement.

None of this will stop certain individual lights from failing. Every manufacturer will have some light failures. It is the nature of electronics to eventually fail.

The original poster is not specific with the question so a broad answer is all that can be givien.

1 month later
#16 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Looks like I spoke too soon. On Saturday, half of my W6 board locked up twice, during consecutive games. I played again on Sunday, and it didn't repeat.
So, I have a very basic question, though it might be tough to know a definitive answer. Can a failing cable cause a mid-board lockup? Two lamps on W6 were still working, while the rest were locked.
Per JJP support, my next step is to move the W6 data cable to GI29 in order to bypass W6 while still using the suspect cable. Given the rarity of my issues, I suspect it will work fine, I'll move it back to W6, which will also work fine, then the next time I'm having a killer game, it will lock up again, and I still won't know anything about the cause.
I'm out of warranty, and they haven't given me a price for the board yet.

JJP announced on their Google Group that they have opened an online parts store. The boards are mostly available there to purchase. The question I have is are they still giving a discount if you trade-in your old board for a new one? Also, are all the little satelite LED boards the same part? I only see one option in the parts store.

http://jerseyjack.production.na1.netsuitestaging.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/?range=61%2C79%2C79

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-led-boards-1?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.