New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 58415)

WOZ LE on location at Pizza West in Shawnee KS

By stangbat

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Silverballer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WOZ2.JPG
WOZ1.JPG
DSCN1344_(Custom).JPG
DSC_9356_(Custom).JPG
DSC_9354_(Custom).JPG

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I placed my WOZ LE in Pizza West this afternoon. Pizza West is located in Shawnee, KS, which is on the west side of the Metro KC area.

Couple of notes, the game does not have Invisiglass in it. I put in a sheet of regular glass.

The wires for the topper pulled loose when I set down the backbox and I didn't realize this until I got the game set up. I didn't have my soldering iron with me today (too much crap in the van), so I'll get that fixed and the topper installed ASAP. (Edit: This is now fixed.)

Edit: My contact info is on the games. If anyone has any issues, let me know. Also let the owners (Cory and Dave) know. They can help with stuck balls, coin jams, etc. If I'm around, I'll take care of it ASAP.

DSC_9354_(Custom).JPG DSC_9356_(Custom).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Cool!

I'm actually in the area again in a couple days, how's the pizza?

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#3 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing it!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Cool!
I'm actually in the area again in a couple days, how's the pizza?
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Pizza is very good.

#5 7 years ago

Nice....would be a great place to play and grab a few slices...wish I was actually closer

#6 7 years ago

Wow thats cool. Pizza and pinball. Local guys should count their lucky stars.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Pizza is very good.

Their wings are really good too!

#8 7 years ago

Definitely gonna check this out in a few weeks, on my next trip to KC.

#9 7 years ago

The first WOZ in our area and now its been released into the wild. Set free to live in its natural habitat. I think I spot it grazing there with the other pins in the herd. They appear to have accepted it into their group. Quiet now...we dont want to scare it off. I think its best to approach it slowly with no sudden moves. Quarters ready....oh wait it has the bill validator and the headphone jack. We have stumbled into a rare breed indeed here folks.
Thanks for making this available for all of us to play Stangbat!

#10 7 years ago

whats the pricing on the woz? buck a play?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

wish I was actually closer

Ya, me too.

I look forward to getting out there soon.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

whats the pricing on the woz? buck a play?

I may change it at some point, but I started it at $1/play. Always easier to lower the price than raise it.

All my other games are 50 cents/play except for Super Star, which is 25 cents/play.

#13 7 years ago

I think its more than fair for Woz, at least while its new....

#14 7 years ago

what a great place to play pin and eat pizza.

#15 7 years ago

This should certainly earn more than Iron Man. And therefore, Iron Man will be back in your basement.

I'm onto you, Stangbat!

#16 7 years ago

I can't wait to get back up there and play. Love the pizza too!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I may change it at some point, but I started it at $1/play. Always easier to lower the price than raise it.
All my other games are 50 cents/play except for Super Star, which is 25 cents/play.

Is it 6 plays for $5 as well? Just curious--that seems like a good way to get fivers in there!

#18 7 years ago

Of

Quoted from stangbat:I may change it at some point, but I started it at $1/play. Always easier to lower the price than raise it.

Of the 6 pins in the picture, what are their ranks in earnings?
Thanks!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Is it 6 plays for $5 as well? Just curious--that seems like a good way to get fivers in there!

I may set that today to try it out. I haven't decided on any price breaks yet and just left it at $1/play. It is kind of tricky to figure out what works best, especially when you have 50 cent machines next to it, and so much of the play is from kids. Parents aren't as likely to give a 7 yr old $1 to play one game. Anyway, I started it at $1 to see how it goes, I figure I can always go down in price. It is harder to go up in price.

Quoted from PINBELL:

Of the 6 pins in the picture, what are their ranks in earnings?

We actually have 7 pins there, Super Star is not pictured. Earnings vary of course depending on the new machine in the lineup. But Iron Man has been in there for almost 14 months and nothing beats it. SW has come close last month, but it is new. And even with it being new and the fact that it is Star Wars, it still can't knock off IM. I think that's pretty amazing considering that IM has gone up against Spiderman, TSPP, TAF, Funhouse, and more.

What is also surprising is the game that gets the most play is Super Star at 25 cents/play. The same was true for Tri Zone when I had it in there at 25 cents/play. Granted these games only earn half what the others do since they are priced at 25 cents, but kids play the hell out of them. Kids like only plunking in a quarter and banging the ball around on a simple game. I'm going to continue to keep a game in there priced at 25 cents because it brings in players that normally wouldn't even drop coins. But they figure they can spend a quarter, then they spend another, and another.

Anyway, as of right now IM is top dog. SW is next. TAF and Funhouse are close to even with TAF usually being on top. Funhouse has been in there since October though, TAF is newer. WOZ replaced Getaway. Getaway and A13 were about even with Getaway usually earning a little less. So I replaced it with WOZ.

#20 7 years ago

Setting to 6/$5 is a good idea I think. Gives a bit of a break and incentive for more $ dropped.

The pricing structure setting are kind of weird, set the bonus of 1 credit for $5. You also need to set the "Pricing Levels" setting to the appropriate level though. If you leave most everything factory and set the "Tier 5 credits" setting that's $5 on factory setting to 6, you'll need to set the "Pricing Levels" to 5. You'll know you have the setting right when you back out to attract mode and the screen shows "$1/ 1 Game" with "$5/6 Games" below it.

When $ is put in, the Paid amount will increase and you can add as much $ as you want to increase that. "Credits" will remain "0" until you convert the Paid amount to credits by pushing the start button. Any combo of cash to equal $5 will get you 6 credits when the start button is pushed.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#21 7 years ago

I am gonna try and make it out there this weekend! Thanks for putting Oz out in the wild, Stangbat!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

I am gonna try and make it out there this weekend!

I'll check and post what their party schedule is this weekend. If you pick the wrong time, you could be back there with a room full of 30 kids.

Of course sports teams sometimes show up unannounced and fill the back room, no way to plan for that.

#23 7 years ago

Thank you Stangbat! The wife & I are headed over this weekend to fill the machine with all the george's we can afford to part with.

#24 7 years ago

I was up there a few saturdays ago from about noon till three. There were two tee ball parties and kids everywhere. I had 2 & 3 year olds standing in between me and the pins, on stools, watching me play. Its actually pretty fun when all the kids are going nuts in there. I met you briefly OP, thanks for everything including the WOZ, might have to give it a spin tonight

#25 7 years ago

No parties or events planned this entire weekend, which is rather unusual. Of course there could be a large group drop in any time, but there is nothing planned as of this afternoon.

The start button is sensitive, and if you have multiple credits and don't do a quick push, you'll start a multiplayer game. I believe this will also be addressed with the next code update.

Topper lights are back!

DSCN1344_(Custom).JPG

#26 7 years ago

Bring ur headphones and cut the kids in line.. Then put them on plug them in and u won't hear them anyway

#27 7 years ago

Shameless bump for the weekend.

#28 7 years ago

Im going there tonight. /bragpost

#29 7 years ago

I'm going tomorrow night. /jonespost

#30 7 years ago

I was there a couple days ago (the day before you put it in)
Had a great time. The pins played perfect, the food was good, the beer was cold and the GC on TAF was incredible.
I will be back soon to play WOZ.

#31 7 years ago

Shameless reminder for the JOCO elitists: there is a tournament at 403 tomorrow! Make time for both.

#32 7 years ago

Maka and Jason are at my place now annihilating my GC scores. They will probably be ready to take people down at 403 tomorrow.

#33 7 years ago

I didn't think you were going to put WOZ in pizza west?

#34 7 years ago

He he. Better yours than mine.

#35 7 years ago

I'm curious to know how you have your TOTO and TNPLH outlane modes set on location. I have my game set so you can only start each of these once. I'm guessing this game is going to annihilate your others in earnings.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Maka and Jason are at my place now annihilating my GC scores. They will probably be ready to take people down at 403 tomorrow.

Awesome. Wait, your place - your place or your place - pizza west? Either way, I feel like I am missing out.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

I didn't think you were going to put WOZ in pizza west?

I wasn't. But I figured I'd never get the chance to do something like this again, so why not?

Edit: BTW, my contact info is on the games. If anyone has any issues, let me know. Also let the owners (Cory and Dave) know. They can help with stuck balls, coin jams, etc. If I'm around, I'll take care of it ASAP.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

the beer was cold and the GC on TAF was incredible.

Did you knock Jason off? I was just there a few days ago and was in 2nd at 411M.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

He he. Better yours than mine.

Maka took down STTNG's GC, and took down AFM's GC plus RTU. Jason took down TZ's GC.

#40 7 years ago

How could a 3.6B GC score on STTNG ever fall?

#41 7 years ago

My family traveled to KC to visit my brother this weekend. Before they left I was telling them how jealous I was that they would be so close to a WOZ. Well, apparently I got them excited enough to go and check out the machine. They spent two hours at Pizza West this evening, playing nothing but WOZ. I know a lot of people questioned JJP's choice of theme, but i can say that my entire family, including my grandma, enjoyed playing it, and I know that the theme helped to draw everyone in.

Thanks, Stangbat, for putting your WOZ on location. I can't wait to hear how well it earns. Based on how much my family loved it, I think it will do very well.

#42 7 years ago

Here are a few pictures that my brother took at Pizza West this evening.

WOZ1.JPG WOZ2.JPG

#43 7 years ago

I know it just got out there...
... But how's it earning?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Did you knock Jason off? I was just there a few days ago and was in 2nd at 411M.

I couldnt even come close but still had a great time trying.

#45 7 years ago

I may have to make an appearance this Sunday afternoon. It would be an excellent way to cap off my week long vacation.

#46 7 years ago

Buckaroo i was up there while your family was. They were all over that WOZ like stink on a monkey. really fun machine.

#47 7 years ago

Thanks for the comments and pics, Buckaroo65. One of the owners, Cory, remembered talking to your family. Glad you enjoyed WOZ, I appreciate your family stopping in and playing.

#48 7 years ago

dangit, if I had seen this post I would have stopped by on the way back from the Sporting KC game!! What a lineup change since I was there... JP, HS2, SM out... Star Warz, WoZ and TAF in.

Eric, does your SW have the new balanced scoring ROM update? (can't remember where that thread is). Definitely makes it a MUCH more awesome game.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Eric, does your SW have the new balanced scoring ROM update?

Yep! (Thanks, Chad!)

And don't forget, Tri Zone is out and Super Star is in its place.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

And don't forget, Tri Zone is out and Super Star is in its place.

Boooooooo! Tri Zone rules! And so does O'doyle!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside