(Topic ID: 40675)

WOZ LE, I guess I will toss the money down. Where can I pick one up?

By inhomearcades

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JoeJet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Over90001.gif
#1 11 years ago

Hey guys,
I am thinking I want to take an LE, but I am not opposed to the deal that is listed on the one thread for the standard that comes with invisiglass and the shaker. Where should I pick one up from and what is a good price for one? I know that they are around 7500, but is there anywhere to get a slightly better deal?

#2 11 years ago

You probably will not even find one of the LE's for $7500. They are sold out. One just reportedly sold for over $9000.

#3 11 years ago

Here is the only one I know of that is for sale from a distributor:

$8795 plus shipping ..... http://www.pinballs.com/

#4 11 years ago

The regular version is fine. Have Buddy sell you one of his and you won't wish as long.

#5 11 years ago

Ouch, it will be a standard then I am sure. I just can't see spending that much extra on a pin for a few extras that you guys have cleared up for me in my other post. Wasn't expecting the price to go up with all the issues on the release of these things. Wonder if I am better off with buyers who purchase one and end up not liking the game. Do you guys think plenty of these will be available for sale after a few months of owning them?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

One just reportedly sold for over $9000.

Holy crap! For a game not out yet? I'll sell mine for $10k right now - guarranteed low plays HOU!
1St one to PM with $ gets in on pinball 3000.

#7 11 years ago

MAy be worth searching a few Woz threads to get a feel for what's going on.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Ouch, it will be a standard then I am sure. I just can't see spending that much extra on a pin for a few extras that you guys have cleared up for me in my other post. Wasn't expecting the price to go up with all the issues on the release of these things. Wonder if I am better off with buyers who purchase one and end up not liking the game. Do you guys think plenty of these will be available for sale after a few months of owning them?

The pinball "speculators" on this board are pretty much guaranteeing that LE models will be readily available once they start shipping and people start selling the 1000 units.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

The pinball "speculators" on this board are pretty much guaranteeing that LE models will be readily available once they start shipping and people start selling the 1000 units.

Thats interesting, are people really thinking that they will drop in price even with preorders going up in price?

#10 11 years ago

In all honesty don't hold your breath on seeing many LE's for sale right away. All the guys left waited sooo long to get the game i doubt they will sell for less then 8k and/or 2 - 3 months of playing it first before they decide that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze for them.

#11 11 years ago

Sheesh.. 9K? I would sell my LE spot for $8500..

#12 11 years ago

Thats interesting, are people really thinking that they will drop in price even with preorders going up in price?

Your asking the wrong person if you want my opinion. If I could accurately predict the future prices of things, I would be sitting on a beach in the Caribbean....

#13 11 years ago

I would also have my collection put together 5 years ago.

#14 11 years ago

One just reportedly sold for over $9000.

Over90001.gifOver90001.gif

#15 11 years ago

@OP
You is teh funny

#16 11 years ago

I had my LE position for sale for 8K and I was back in fourth with a few people. I am unsure now if I want it or not. I will not budge below 8K and I ordered Sept 2011.

I would do a package deal X-men Wolverine LE with TONS of MODS and WOZ for $14,200.00 this is exactly what I have invested in both games if anyone is interested

#17 11 years ago

hold tight. I remember a spot selling on here for $7500. I would be surprised when someone gets a spot for 7k or better yet used for $6500.

#19 11 years ago

I bought a WOZECLE from a fellow pinsider for $7500 a couple months ago.

Can't wait to see it.

#20 11 years ago

Hey guys,
I am thinking I want to take an LE, but I am not opposed to the deal that is listed on the one thread for the standard that comes with invisiglass and the shaker. Where should I pick one up from and what is a good price for one? I know that they are around 7500, but is there anywhere to get a slightly better deal?

Just wait mate and just see how this shakes out. Just like with most pinball machines, deals will always pop up somewhere just be prepared with cash in hand.

Worst case wait until Jack starts selling his reconditioned production run WOZ's, then you will get a chance to pick one up at a discount.

#21 11 years ago

If you can't find a LE. I have woz standards that start in the thirty's. Same game play but without emerald green hardware and a few other cosmetic features. We offer a 3 year limited warranty (huo) Just thought I would throw that option out there. Gary

#22 11 years ago

can't believe le's sell for 9k+. that's a joke. i don't know how you can go from 6.5k to 9k+.

#23 11 years ago

If you want an LE just be patient. Wait until then become available and make sure you like it. They will pop up for sale just like every other title... Patience!

Or if you feel the need to buy now just go with a Standard. Nothing different and they look better. If you like the green just have them powder coated...

#24 11 years ago

Where to buy one? Soon the discount bin I'm sure.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

can't believe le's sell for 9k+. that's a joke.

Who knows if it really happened?

Is it a trend?

Has it happened more that once?

#26 11 years ago

Just wait until Fall when some of the games are out, and see if it is fun to play.

There is no rush to buy one today.

Jack will keep making them , he won't run out.

#27 11 years ago

Maybe wait a few years after they come out and pick up a nice used one?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

can't believe le's sell for 9k+. that's a joke.

I believe the only one that sold for that was the one listed for 10k on here. He said in the thread that it sold for $9300.

Which I still find dumbfounding. The only thing that I could have seen someone paying a premium for on it was that it was an early production number. Apparently it was worth it to someone.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eclewoz-21-for-sale-10k

#29 11 years ago

Dummy brigade

#30 11 years ago

There's no reason to buy one "now".

-They're not being shipped yet. So, if you buy one, who knows when you'll GET one.

-Since LEs are being prematurely flipped for big bucks & the standard has all the same features...just wait for the standard to be available. Actually PLAY one first! See if you like it! LOL Pay for it at a time when it can ship right away. The price isn't going to fluctuate so why pay now?

-If you really want an LE, they will be available at a non-scalpy price. Lots of speculators but how many are really willing to pay 9k when the flip-flood hits? Supply and Demand...we'll see...but 1000 is a lot of games, especially when the standard one is the same game.

#31 11 years ago

OP if you preorder now you should get one in 2014 since a thousand are in front of you

WOZ waiting, it just never ends lol.

#32 11 years ago

If LEs are selling for 9k, mine is for sale!

#33 11 years ago

You might get one faster when they become HUO available vs. ordering one now.

I would wait for the release, play it when it comes out, see if it is any FUN first, then make your decision accordingly.

Supposedly, one went for 9300 shipped, and it may have included taxes. If true, back shipping and maybe taxes out, and possibly the highest priced wozle so far?

The one factor nobody is mentioning is the FUN factor. This will determine a lot to do with future pricing, just like any other pin.

Waiting on woz to be released to find out.

#34 11 years ago

Why not just buy the second machine, TheHobbit? You can prepay way before there's even a machine, haha

#35 11 years ago

I just got $7800 for mine last week, but there were a lot of inquiries, I suppose $8k might a reasonable amount.

#36 11 years ago

There was a guy selling his spot for 10,000 a couple of weeks ago. And it was a low production NO

#37 11 years ago

There will be plenty of LE versions for sale. I'd sell mine at the drop of a hat for $9000 simply to fund Hobbit since I like the theme so much better.
Don't forget, the only difference from the standard to the LE is cosmetic's and the shaker. You get the same playfield and game play with the standard version and Jack will be producing them for quite awhile before Hobbit comes out. You can alway buy a mirrored backglass, invisiglass, interactive topper, shaker and powdercoat all the rails and legs later. Hey wait....does that not get you up the the price of an LE?
Hmm...might have to bump up my price when they come out!

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from sterlingpinball:

There was a guy selling his spot for 10,000 a couple of weeks ago. And it was a low production NO

that was the one supposedly "sold for 9300 shipped".

#39 11 years ago

Which no one believes.

#40 11 years ago

Try Jesse at Pincades, he is the Chicagoland distributor.

He is just across the border in Griffith, IN

Chris

#41 11 years ago

Sounds like everyone is fairly confident these will be available after release. I am getting cabin fever and haven't picked up a pin in a few months. I really want a MB and thought maybe this would fill the void. It sounds like chances are I'll have a wait ahead of me with WOZ even if I order now, maybe even after I find a MB.

#42 11 years ago

Pick up a HUO shortly after they are shipped for 6-6500

#44 11 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dummy brigade

Actually, it's the common sense brigade. You get really torn up when someone expresses a different view than you, on a forum, when it comes to WOZ, huh? It's ok, and glad to see the passion.

I can get Avatar LE, TF LE, RS LE, X-men le, avengers le, BSM, Tron le, or BIBle at varying price points. Most are down in price, some are up. But All of these LE's were way less than 1k produced and that is a concern.

But if the game is FUN, I will get one someday. They will be out there.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I just got $7800 for mine last week, but there were a lot of inquiries, I suppose $8k might a reasonable amount.

I think you got the responses cause it was a reasonable request. I would buy a spot for $7,500-$7,800 max for an LE. Although my opinion has changed more with passing to just wait and see and be more than happy with a standard once I have played and see how the game really is. I would gamble on an LE now just cause I think they will be able to be sold for about $7,500 after the release. But I still think the standard with Invisiglass and a shaker is going to ultimately make the demand for the LEs not very desirable, at least to the point people are not going to pay premiums to have an LE after the standards are in full swing. All of this is assuming the game is actually good.

Anyone that thinks their LE is going to be worth $8,000+ after the release is dreaming I think. It'll be a cool game to have the first JJP LE(but again 1,000 is hardly and LE) especially with a standard with the exact same game play right behind it.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Anyone that thinks their LE is going to be worth $8,000+ after the release is dreaming I think. It'll be a cool game to have the first JJP LE(but again 1,000 is hardly and LE) especially with a standard with the exact same game play right behind it.

How about this... (and please don't take offense to what i am about to say) i don't give a rat's arse on what my LE is worth or what it will be worth or what anyone thinks it is worth...i think many others agree that after 2 years of waiting for our WOZLE's they will be staying put for awhile.

***On a side note if i was just waking up after being in a coma for the past two years and i wondered who the hell is Jersey Jack and what is the WOZ and i have decided that i wanted one, I would go ahead and buy a standard all day every day.
They are the same game , there are many of Jack's distributors on here selling them at fair price if you consider what they include it seems like a no brainer even Ray Bolger would buy one!

Post edited by islandpinball : waking up not waiting up

#48 11 years ago

I think the biggest advantage of buying an LE at this point over a standard is just being able to get the game a lot sooner by taking over someone's place in line. The cosmetic differences in the game aren't really worth it. If you have patience the smart thing is to to wait it out. I bought an LE a couple months back mostly for the opportunity to get the game sooner rather than later. I don't have as much patience as some people and will take a little bit of a gamble just because I want to be amongst the first people to play it and enjoy the game in my home. I really don't think we LE owners are going to get rich and I don't think the values of the game are going to go up much because of the quantities being produced. It really doesn't matter to me. I bought the game because I think it looks awesome and because I think Keefer is the man and will deliver an excellent rule-set to go along with a great game!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The cosmetic differences in the game aren't really worth it.

I think besides the wait the biggest factor is the shaker and invisiglass included. Adding those items alone on a standard kicks it up to $7500, then you got other items that probably add a few hundred before you get to the issue of it being an LE.. so i think that so long as the gameplay is good there really is no reason to get an LE if the price is around 8K. Now once you approach 9K, yea, just get a standard and upgrade it.

Just saw went through some hi-res pics of the game i had on my PC.. man this thing is so well made, i wish it would just get here already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-le-i-guess-i-will-toss-the-money-down-where-can-i-pick-one-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.