(Topic ID: 104429)

WOZ LE after 1 year

By minnesota13

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RandyV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Same here. Not quite a year one mine, but will be soon enough. In the last year I have to adjust the witch, replace one light board, take apart the castle playfield to adjust the castle doors to work reliably (that job really sucked), replace an LED cable that my daughter broke while taking the castle playfield out (our fault, not JJPs) and just last Tuesday the coil for the munchkin lock arm had a lug break off so I had to order a new one (game is down right now because of that). As far as manufacturing/assembly, my game has a small chip missing in the playfield under the post between flippers which was probably caused by over-tightening when the post was installed.

I still need to adjust/fix the one bumper that is contacting the guide rail and causing the metal shaving issue.

In the big scheme of things none of this is major in my book and having several NIBs over the years, is better than average. For an entirely new platform and manufacturing system, I think JJP has done and is doing a pretty solid job. It will only get better over time.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

how do you guys rate your WOZ compared to any Sterns in your collection? is there a real difference in build quality? support? I currently own 5 Sterns (have owned 15 or so in past) and am getting my first JJP with Hobbit.

The only Stern NIB I have purchased was Tron. I bought three B/W NIB over the years.

Subjectively, I do feel WoZ is screwed together better than the my Tron any my other non-NIB Sterns and therefore will have more long term durability. Time will tell.

For comparison, on my Tron the ball trough opto board failed within 10 games (Stern replaced it), the bolt holding the Recognizer to the motor cam fell out within 20 games (easy fix), I have a lighting problem with one of the pop bumpers that I still have not solved to this day (think it's a bad light socket), my 3d translight had a scratch on it and the disc motor had to be replaced twice.

The disc original motor had so much noise and vibration that even my wife asked me what was wrong with it when the game was new. Stern sent me a replacement motor promptly, but I found the set screw holding the disc to the motor shaft on the original motor was so tight from the factory I couldn't get the disc off. I bent one allen wrench and broke a bit trying to get it free. Stern sent me a whole new motor/disc assembly. The new motor still makes a lot of noise and it still drives me nuts, but it is what it is. I have to keep it lubed constantly to keep the noise and vibration to reasonable levels.

By contrast, the three B/Ws I bought NIB never had real any problems out of the box -- I think I made a few minor switch adjustment here or there. Maybe I just got lucky because I know B/W weren't perfect either -- but in my case there they required nothing. Set up and play.

When I called Pat at Stern about my Tron he was helpful and quick to ship me replacement parts, no questioned asked. Same with JJP.

I think JJP definitely takes assembly quality in to consideration. While the castle playfield was a chore to take off the game, it really wasn't horrible. You just have to cut a lot of zip ties and unplug a bunch of cables to get it free.

I think you will be pleased with Hobbit. I'm not in on that, but am anxious to see what Lawlor is working on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RandyV.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-le-after-1-year?tu=RandyV and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.