(Topic ID: 67800)

WOZ kool aid drinking and the state of pinball..................

By iceman44

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Vyzer2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
koolaid.jpg
image-966.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So I finally set up Woz after the super long journey that got me back into pinball......it was the announcement almost 3 years ago by JJP that got me excited to get back into the hobby.....the LCD and promise of taking pinball into the future is what got me stoked..........the wait was well worth it!

I'm not even going to go into the beauty of Woz because its all been said here before many times over....my wife and kids love it as much as I do, the LCD amongst everything else is simply amazing, the future of pinball looks phenomenal to me......

So for me, with Woz and Ac/dc recently added and Raza and MM on the way hopefully next year its an amazing time in pinball!

What a great hobby

My brother, who has helped me move several pins upstairs to my game room, was thankful I set up the garage as a new alternate game room and as we set it up for play and cracked it open he just simply said "wow, holy crap, look at that thing, looks amazing"...

#2 10 years ago

I'm so glad you finally got it. Enjoy!

#3 10 years ago

It sure is an amazing time to be in pinball.

And we get to witness it !

LTG : )

#4 10 years ago

Glad to hear you are enjoying your WOZ! It's one heck of a game.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So for me, with Woz and Ac/dc recently added and Raza and MM on the way hopefully next year its an amazing time in pinball!

RAZA? Next year? Awww....yer so cute, Icey!

#6 10 years ago

Great pin & theme! Have a blast w it! I look forward to getting one some day.

#7 10 years ago

ill take my Kool aid in Emerald City green flavored please! hopefully sometime in December!!

#8 10 years ago

Seeing WOZ on youtube was the reason why we started the hobby and excitidly waiting on my FIRST pin in a couple weeks!

#9 10 years ago

OH, YEAAHH ICE!!! Congrats
image-966.jpgimage-966.jpg

#10 10 years ago

You're buying a mmr?

#11 10 years ago

koolaid.jpgkoolaid.jpg

#12 10 years ago

Pass me a Glass!!! Praying mine somehow gets here before Christmas
image.jpgimage.jpg

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

RAZA? Next year? Awww....yer so cute, Icey!

I'm a dreamer Greg! At this point, I feel good about it......hehe

Ahhh yes, getting kool aid all over yourself as a kid, if we could only go back and do it again!

Hang in there Mountaingamer, its worth the wait...

I put a deposit in on MMr Dave, going to head up to Pinballz and play it again, a whole lot more to see if I want to follow through with it, since I ordered through JJP I figure if I don't do it I'll just apply funds to TH or #3!

#14 10 years ago

Congrats! What a great hobby indeed!

#15 10 years ago

LOL, when I read the title I thought this was a WOZ hate thread. Glad to hear you like your WOZ. I know my family and I really like ours.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm a dreamer Greg! At this point, I feel good about it......hehe

Do yourself a favor and buy a Cirqus Voltaire so you have a Jpop to play for the next 5 years

#17 10 years ago

I have been away from my pins for a month, and WOZ is definitely the one I miss most!

#18 10 years ago

Mine is still a couple of months away, but I can't resist reading these happy owner threads!

Post edited by txstargazer3 : spelling

#19 10 years ago

Congrats on your new WoZ. I just set mine up a couple of days ago as well. Every time I play it, (hell, every time I just look at it!) you can't wipe the smile off my face! There is sooo much going on in this game - very impressive.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Congrats on your new WoZ. I just set mine up a couple of days ago as well. Every time I play it, (hell, every time I just look at it!) you can't wipe the smile off my face! There is sooo much going on in this game - very impressive.

True That! I feel like I have a bad case of A.D.D when I am playing WOZ because I cant decide what to try to go for next and its so tempting to take my eyes off the ball to look at the LCD, Chrystal ball ect

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

True That! I feel like I have a bad case of A.D.D when I am playing WOZ because I cant decide what to try to go for next and its so tempting to take my eyes off the ball to look at the LCD, Chrystal ball ect

So much going on, having fun trying to figure it out! Did you update code yet Concrete?....I'm gonna play it a while on 1.21 so I can savor the recent big update......

#22 10 years ago

It is an amazing game. The rest of my collection is starting to get nervous.

#23 10 years ago

starting? Twilight Zone went to the garage! The rest have shaking legs wondering when THLE arrives........its cool out in the garage!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So much going on, having fun trying to figure it out! Did you update code yet Concrete?....I'm gonna play it a while on 1.21 so I can savor the recent big update......

Yeah, if you go right to the new update, you won't be able to tell tough times stories like the rest of the old timers.

Boy, I remember back in 1.14 when you couldn't even GET a multiball...

#25 10 years ago

Just played 7 games in a row. With this latest code I now WANT to play it all the time. Top Notch!

#26 10 years ago

congrats Iceman. Hope its living up to your expectations....youve been a postive vocal supporter for a looong time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
13,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-kool-aid-drinking-and-the-state-of-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.