Woz issues with rollover

By konghusker

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm curious if the rollover switches in top two lanes can be adjusted to sit lower in playfield? The ball gets caught far to often on them and I have to tilt to get it unstuck. It seems like woz has many areas where the ball gets hung up often including rollover in c ball.

#2 8 years ago

They can be adjusted. Might also be the pitch of the table is too shallow.

#3 8 years ago

Mine is set at 7 degrees and I've never had a problem. Get the free "Clinometer" app for your phone if you have no way to set incline.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks. I'll try the app. Another problem I'm having is ball getting stuck on plastic in corner with state fair balloon. It rolls out of cb vuk and sometimes falls off ramp and onto the balloon plastic. I thought about adding a robber post, but any other ideas? Thanks guys

#5 8 years ago

Try reducing the VUK strength of the CB VUK

#6 8 years ago

I tried the app, and it read mine was around 14 degrees on the glass. I lowered back legs, and its closer to 12 now. My acdc registers at 12.5 with its own bubble centered. What does jjp recommend for woz I wonder? Thanks for info about the app BTW.

#7 8 years ago

You need to check the angle on the playfield, not just the glass. Personally I make the back as high as possible and dial it back down if gameplay is affected.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I tried the app, and it read mine was around 14 degrees on the glass. I lowered back legs, and its closer to 12 now. My acdc registers at 12.5 with its own bubble centered. What does jjp recommend for woz I wonder? Thanks for info about the app BTW.

Hey kong,
As Taylor mentions,angle must be checked on playfield-6.5 to 7 degrees is the norm for these modern-solid state games.Also-check it dead center of playfield in the YBR area and also check the left to right-horizontally-for being totally level-0 degrees-this is very important with all pinball/mechanical devices.Do not assume your floor or carpet is level.
It takes some time to get these adjustments right on...but you will have a much more consistent playing experience by doing it correctly and not just rushing it and calling it "good"

#9 8 years ago

I'll do that. I've always just leveled on the glass, and just put back angle higher for faster play. It's good to know to level on pf instead. Thanks for input. Looks like I need to check all machines.

#10 8 years ago

Hey Honkey Kong...

I have a great leveling level it is made by craftsman. If you need to borrow it. I think you guys need to come out anyway. I was wondering how the Woz was treating ya.
Chiz

#11 8 years ago

If you put your WOZ front legs all the way down and your rear legs 2/3 up the bolts, you will be in the correct ballpark.

#12 8 years ago

I have my front legs all the way down and the rear legs all the way up AND on a pair of breeze blocks.... now thats what you call steep and fast!

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Jumbosinbad360:

I have my front legs all the way down and the rear legs all the way up AND on a pair of breeze blocks.... now thats what you call steep and fast!

I removed the front legs all together.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I removed the front legs all together.

Now that's funny

#15 8 years ago

I've been having problems with my Scarecrow rollover. When trying to make the skill shot the ball hits the rollover, jumps up and smashes into the witch. It's doing a good bit of damage to the metal ring at the bottom of the witch protector. I've had a ticket open since right after I bought it and can't even get a new roll over out of them. I tried shimming it with nylon washers, but that didn't help.

That's just one of a laundry list of issues I'm having and I can't seem to get too far with support. I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the holidays, but my patience is starting to run out. /rant

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I've had a ticket open since right after I bought it and can't even get a new roll over out of them.

Could you PM me the ticket number please ?

Thank you,
LTG : )

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could you PM me the ticket number please ?
Thank you,

I just sent the PM. Thank you so much for offering your help in resolving my issues.

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

One other issue I'm having is that the vuk in trough keeps having trouble getting ball into plunger lane. I turned power up for vuk, but it seems like often, ball is hitting something and takes a few tries to get up. Anybody else have this issue? Maybe a leveling issue, or the ball keeper slightly blocking the ball as it pops up?

#19 8 years ago

I believe I once heard that lowering the power of the trough vuk helps more than raising the power.

#20 8 years ago

I'll try that. I suppose that makes sense to lower the power sometimes. Thanks

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

but it seems like often, ball is hitting something

If playing with the power doesn't help, this will :

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#22 8 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, that's exactly what I needed. I'll try reduced power first, and probably adjust this as well. Thanks all for the help

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If playing with the power doesn't help, this will :
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

I had the same exact issue for my game with a build date of 10/24/2013 and the PINPLAY ball trough adjustment fixed it. I haven't had the issue since I made the recommended adjustment over 1.5 years ago.

Gord

#24 8 years ago

Yeah my game was weird it worked 100% of the time in test mode but 50-70% of the time in game so I did ltg's fix and I haven't had any problems since

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
13,000 (OBO)
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-issues-with-rollover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.