zombies.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
91043098.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I want to goto allentown!.. why dose pa have to be so big! 6.5 hr drive : (

20 hours 40 minutes for me.

Not happening.

Hope everyone has a great time !

LTG : )

#252 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm bringing 1.04 with me to update Joe's games. Packaging it now. It will be released tomorrow for customers who have their games. Just need an 8gb USB stick.

What happened to updates via Internet? That was a great feature!!!

I know Stern doesn't do it, but they should! Everyone should, by now. C'mon guys, its 2013 for crying out loud..! Even the thermostat in my house connects to the Internet to get the weather for my area so it knows how to heal/cool my home.

Every other piece of new technology does this, why not shiny new pins?!?

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I believe this has been covered before, initially updates will be done via usb and later on the games will be able to use Ethernet or wifi. Wifi will be an add-on because there would be additional certification (FCC?) needed and it will allow for better flexibility and compatibility with wireless access points.

#254 10 years ago

The rate this thing is receiving updates is staggering... things like the start animation, is JP still working on those or are the assets completed and Keith is just tying them into the software?

#255 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on the very cool lighting effect "flash" when the "ball" target is hit. That simple effect really shows off some of the possibilities with the game.

I audibly 'oohed' when I saw that. It reminded me of the potential that I saw a long time ago in WOZ.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

I know Stern doesn't do it, but they should! Everyone should, by now. C'mon guys, its 2013 for crying out loud..! Even the thermostat in my house connects to the Internet to get the weather for my area so it knows how to heal/cool my home.
Every other piece of new technology does this, why not shiny new pins?!?

That's coming. Very soon. Logistics of that are far more involved then most know of. And it's not even the update mechanism. That's built. It's the ip addressing and config.

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The rate this thing is receiving updates is staggering... things like the start animation, is JP still working on those or are the assets completed and Keith is just tying them into the software?

JP is still engaged and awesome. New ideas popping up all the time. The new start animation is killer. Along with the new lighting effects and a bunch of other things in 1.04.

#258 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

JP is still engaged

Good to hear

I look forward to seeing what's new in the updates as they are released.

#259 10 years ago

When connecting the aux audio jacks in the back to a sound system, capture device, etc. do the cabinet speakers mute?

#260 10 years ago

Just got back from Cigar Club Meeting...can't wait for Pinfest! ...and, hopefully some videos tomorrow, er, today...

#261 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

When connecting the aux audio jacks in the back to a sound system, capture device, etc. do the cabinet speakers mute?

No the cabinet speakers do not automatically mute when connecting any device to the jack in the back. The mute button on the coin door will mute the speakers in the cabinet, and still output an audio signal to the jack in the back for those hooking up to a external audio system. If your in Allentown for the show we will have a powered subwoofer hooked up to a Woz in our booth showing the extra use of the jack in the back.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

#262 10 years ago

That's good - that's the logic I would expect (not only for the subwoofer example, but also for other purposes where you might still want game sound without having to unhook things).

#263 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

herg your coming sat right? ill have your tron stuff with me

Yeah, I'm looking forward meeting you and getting my stuff.

#264 10 years ago

OP it's your Pinside duty to post HD footage of in depth gameplay

#265 10 years ago

Alex, I really enjoying reading your posts. I hope you'll be continuing on with JJP for The Hobbit? And maybe get a little pay too?
I read the OP's comment on the 'Lights Out' mode and I'll also have the same issue. I too tend to play my games with the lights off. Just a suggestion but ... what if the lights went to a really deep purple tone (like a blacklight look/feel?). I think that would be awesome. Or as the OP said, at least a few lights on the lower half of the playfield would be nice.

#266 10 years ago

Or maybe leave very few lights illuminated to both help the play and give it an ominous look.

#267 10 years ago

I was thinking with "lights out" all the playfield inserts could be left on VERY dimly - just enough to see the ball moving in the pitch black. And, perhaps they could pulse softly, or even slowly spin in a pinwheel pattern, or get sucked in waves towards the Witch... the motion growing quicker as time runs down.

#268 10 years ago

I cant say for sure but I bet the lcd cast enough light onto the pf

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I cant say for sure but I bet the lcd cast enough light onto the pf

Agreed. Sounds cool to me. I'd like to play it in person before requesting changes to how Keith and team envisioned it.

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

No the cabinet speakers do not automatically mute when connecting any device to the jack in the back. The mute button on the coin door will mute the speakers in the cabinet, and still output an audio signal to the jack in the back for those hooking up to a external audio system. If your in Allentown for the show we will have a powered subwoofer hooked up to a Woz in our booth showing the extra use of the jack in the back.
Thanks,
Lorenzo
Pinnovators.com

So If I hook up headphones, press mute, the sub will still be thumping?

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

OP it's your Pinside duty to post HD footage of in depth gameplay

Ha..believe me, I would like nothing better than to do that.. but this is the busiest time of year for my work.
Besides, Alex is going to send me 1.04. Many changes he says. (really could use the release notes on each code change) Plus going to pinfest tommorrow...
Alex's video above had most of what i have now...but youre right.
Should be a lot more people getting thier games..so we should see a fair ammount of video's any day.

AZ...not much light from the lcd. Plus the invisiglass takes away a lot of the refelction

#272 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Plus going to pinfest tommorrow...

Wearing a hat and dark shades, I hope.

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I was thinking with "lights out" all the playfield inserts could be left on VERY dimly - just enough to see the ball moving in the pitch black. And, perhaps they could pulse softly, or even slowly spin in a pinwheel pattern, or get sucked in waves towards the Witch... the motion growing quicker as time runs down.

If you watch the 1.01 teaser video Alex put up you will see there are a few lights lit during "lights out". In back by the ramp and the throne room seem to be lit to cast an little glow (there may be others that didn't show on video).

And speaking of that video, don't watch it if you don't want to see some things in the game. I have of course watched it at least 5 times now and there is a lot in there I didn't expect. In my opinion this game is going to be spectacular. This whole team seems to know exactly what they are doing.

Alex, thanks a bunch for posting that. It made me even more excited for this game.

#274 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If you watch the 1.01 teaser video Alex put up you will see there are a few lights lit during "lights out". In back by the ramp and the throne room seem to be lit to cast an little glow (there may be others that didn't show on video).

I think all you're seeing there are the 3 spotlights, which are positioned behind the Throne Room aimed at the house, behind the house aimed at the backboard, and on the upper castle playfield, aimed at the castle walls.

#275 10 years ago

What a great feeling that must have been! I liked the description. Reminded me when I spoke to Jack twice for about 30 minutes each before buying my LOTR from him years ago. My first costly pin. And I was nervous and unsure if LOTR was the right decision. He was so nice, and so patient.

WOZ looks awesome! Very cool of you to share and Ted, thanks for the great pics! Ima thinking ima wanting one of these!

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ima thinking ima wanting one of these!

Oh, you will....you willlllll. (insert Yoda voice)

#277 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Doesn't seem to be slow from those vids.
Hey Ted you think you could maybe make the resolution any lower? (J/K)
As far as "EYE CANDY" this game has to be tops. I think it's worth a certain amount of money for looks alone.

I agree; this game looks much faster than it was when I played one. Looks great actually.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, you will....you willlllll. (insert Yoda voice)

Well, I might have a little extra cash when...IF....you ever buy one of my games!

But until then, when is the WOZ party?!?

#279 10 years ago

Is the crystal ball kicker still a problem or have the kinks been worked out?

#280 10 years ago

Time to post video!

#281 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is the crystal ball kicker still a problem or have the kinks been worked out?

That's all fixed

#282 10 years ago

Not much new in this Allentown video

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotherpix/8708710596/

#283 10 years ago

JUST walked in the door. Phew...traffic back was bad!....but, now it's time for food, cigars and margaritas!

#284 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's all fixed

What was the issue with that? Coil pulse width?

#285 10 years ago

i played a 3 ball game in allentown and my only objective was to see the speed of the game - i was quite satisfied. i don't want to repeat what others have said so i will just keep it to the speed and it was fast enough in my 3 balls.

the mini playfield on the left was fun and challenging - heck i played with no sound as somebody esle was wearing the headphones - and i still liked it - also after talking to jack i will be buying the hobbit once i have my woz

thanks ed

#286 10 years ago

I played the updated code today At Allentown as well.
This game is fun and yes very satisfying. It is leaps and bounds better than when I first played it at Comicon a few months ago.

The magnet in front of the witch reminded me of TAF.. There is quite a bit going on in this game. The Crystal Ball although a little hard to see in the well light showroom..will pop in a darker setting for sure.

I played at least 4 times today.I was able to get the Dorothy rescue and open the upper Witch gate on the left.. the music suddenly changed to OOOeee OOO .....ahhhoooooooo.

Very nicely done.

I was a little confused as to why ToTo outlane was still not functioning though but then I overheard someone say there is something else coming for that. I could be wrong though.

The game is gorgeous. As we all know. I can't what to see what other things they will throw in the code. The LCD..I Like it especially with all the new animations. I know some purists do not.. and I hear where you are coming from. However, I really believe in this day and age..you need it..to attract the younger audience. Which it does. It attracts everyone. You simply cannot walk by without being intrigued. It will get a lot of attention wherever it set up. No doubt

The flippers were strong and snappy..again..WAY better than last time.. No problem. The update really worked wonders. I guess this machine was really dialed in.

Modes. I feel there is some real substance now. This is going to something else when all the code is complete. But the way I see it.. They could just keep adding and adding to this game .. of course eventually you have to stop..haha

Overall.. was very pleased and looking forward to getting mine soon. And of course It was great to see Jack and all my pinball pals again including James from CNY.

PINCHROMA.. you do some A grade quality stuff. And it shows. I didn't officially introduce myself but I meant too..but you were pretty busy guy today. So sorry about that.

I was the Big Guy with the Black Hoodie FBI sweatshirt on.

Big shout to all the Pinsiders that were there today!

-Joe

WoZECLE #835

#287 10 years ago

My best score for the weekend was 218000. All multi ball modes stack and there are 4 in the game so far. The game is awesome.

#288 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I played the updated code today At Allentown as well.
This game is fun and yes very satisfying. It is leaps and bounds better than when I first played it at Comicon a few months ago.
The magnet in front of the witch reminded me of TAF.. There is quite a bit going on in this game. The Crystal Ball although a little hard to see in the well light showroom..will pop in a darker setting for sure.
I played at least 4 times today.I was able to get the Dorothy rescue and open the upper Witch gate on the left.. the music suddenly changed to OOOeee OOO .....ahhhoooooooo.
Very nicely done.
I was a little confused as to why ToTo outlane was still not functioning though but then I overheard someone say there is something else coming for that. I could be wrong though.
The game is gorgeous. As we all know. I can't what to see what other things they will throw in the code. The LCD..I Like it especially with all the new animations. I know some purists do not.. and I hear where you are coming from. However, I really believe in this day and age..you need it..to attract the younger audience. Which it does. It attracts everyone. You simply cannot walk by without being intrigued. It will get a lot of attention wherever it set up. No doubt
The flippers were strong and snappy..again..WAY better than last time.. No problem. The update really worked wonders. I guess this machine was really dialed in.
Modes. I feel there is some real substance now. This is going to something else when all the code is complete. But the way I see it.. They could just keep adding and adding to this game .. of course eventually you have to stop..haha
Overall.. was very pleased and looking forward to getting mine soon. And of course It was great to see Jack and all my pinball pals again including James from CNY.
PINCHROMA.. you do some A grade quality stuff. And it shows. I didn't officially introduce myself but I meant too..but you were pretty busy guy today. So sorry about that.
I was the Big Guy with the Black Hoodie FBI sweatshirt on.
Big shout to all the Pinsiders that were there today!
-Joe
WoZECLE #835

Joe,

I'm never too busy I was bouncing between my booth and Newstar/JJP doing WoZ tutorials and feature demonstrations. Glad they were next to each other. Thanks so much for the kind words and I hope to formally meet some of you in the near future.

#289 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

heck i played with no sound as somebody esle was wearing the headphones

I don't mean to be trollish, but that almost sounds like the best way to play it. The theme music is easily my least favorite part of the pin so far (just from videos) I honestly don't think I could listen to it all the time in my house.

#290 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't mean to be trollish, but that almost sounds like the best way to play it. The theme music is easily my least favorite part of the pin so far (just from videos) I honestly don't think I could listen to it all the time in my house.

Count me in too the music is why I did not buy the game

#291 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

from what i understand there is already a mod that costs $50 or so that will change the music for you - maybe the person who developed it we respond to this if he sees it.

thanks ed

#292 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The theme music is easily my least favorite part of the pin so far

It fits the theme,but maybe they need to mix it up with other music to keep a us from getting tired of it.

#293 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Ha..believe me, I would like nothing better than to do that.. but this is the busiest time of year for my work.
Besides, Alex is going to send me 1.04. Many changes he says. (really could use the release notes on each code change) Plus going to pinfest tommorrow...
Alex's video above had most of what i have now...but youre right.
Should be a lot more people getting thier games..so we should see a fair ammount of video's any day.
AZ...not much light from the lcd. Plus the invisiglass takes away a lot of the refelction

Alex says you haven't posted a video because you don't like PinballWizard79

C'mon man, do it!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JoqDYcCDOTg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJoqDYcCDOTg

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Those rollover switches still do nothing? Please tell me that Jack didn't ship games with rollover switches that do nothing.

Pappy

#295 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Those rollover switches still do nothing? Please tell me that Jack didn't ship games with rollover switches that do nothing.

I think you get a barking sound, that's something

#296 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Pappy

They light. There will be function to follow but they aren't pertinent to the current modes and they are in the outlane

#297 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

First, congratulations on your game . But I'm disappointed in this post.
Man the big drama of your emotions on a phone call is so irrelevant. It's a pinball game. It's not like your long lost kid was found.
All we need here is "woz arrived finally, yay" and onto the details of the game - which aren't even in this post.
This is the first woz in home post on Pinside and nothing on impressions of the game

Has anybody ever got so many thumbs down before ?!?! Lol

#298 10 years ago

The witch's magnet threw my ball into the VUK for the left mini playfield. I remember hearing Alex saying that he's never seen that happen before.

#299 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

The witch's magnet threw my ball into the VUK for the left mini playfield. I remember hearing Alex saying that he's never seen that happen before.

Yup. I've seen it toss it all over the playfield, even rdtm but backwards into the vuk was cool . It really is truly random so it can do anything.

I hope you enjoyed the game

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

from what i understand there is already a mod that costs $50 or so that will change the music for you - maybe the person who developed it we respond to this if he sees it.
thanks ed

Pinnovators, the guys who made the headphone jack for the coin door, are going to have an aftermarket board you can install inside the game where you can plug any mp3 player into it, and be able to toggle between game sounds/music and your own music. They said they are looking at a price point of around $50. They had a sample there and it certainly sounds like it will be a worthy aftermarket add on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 91.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 512 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-is-in-my-home/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.