Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
15367-34CP.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I have not seen any comments about the word interactive when they describe the topper. What does that mean? To me interactive usually means it reacts with gameplay. Is it possible you will be able to have have human interaction and control it? Has Jack mentioned what the topper will be? I have not seen anything in any of the messages I have received? Any thoughts out there?

#2 12 years ago

I know at one point people were talking a lot about a fan that blew back at you similar to WW and Twister. But really, who knows

#3 12 years ago

I was wondering about a fan at one point. That could be cool, pun intended. I cannot think of anything else neat. Anybody have any ideas? If it is good, maybe the JJP team will use it. I would think they are still working on it and could make changes.

#4 12 years ago

A little while ago Jack said they had various options in mind, from plain, to illuminated, to other stuff like fans. I guess they picked something?

#5 12 years ago

Interactive could just mean it lights up with certain shots.

#6 12 years ago

A fan and lights would be cool and not really hard to imagine or do I would not think.

#7 12 years ago

"Interactive to me is that the game triggers the action in the topper" -

These are the words from Jack himself......... so think Fish Tales etc.

#8 12 years ago

Would the fan mess up my hair?

#9 12 years ago

Would the fan mess up my hair?

Depends if you have hair or not.

15367-34CP.jpg15367-34CP.jpg

#10 12 years ago

WW, WH2O, FT etc. is hardly an interactive topper. The words I'd use are merely mechanical og animated topper.

The JJP news letters are advetisement with a lot of overpraising bull shit. I'll have to see about that topper.

#11 12 years ago

It could be a space robot that screams "EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR!"

Oh wait, that might have been done already.

#12 12 years ago

A Green Witch with a few sayings with slight movement of arms and head inside a globe that represents a crystal ball......

#13 12 years ago

Well I know what BD's topper will look like...

images.jpegimages.jpeg

Now with, animated "shimmy/jiggle" action!

#14 12 years ago

You have no idea what I've already done with the prototype source code for the color DMD NimblePin

#15 12 years ago

NimblePin, how did you get ahold of my sisters pic? Man, you really do have connections. As far as BD's DMD tweaks go...I am imagining something along the lines of Dorothy Does Dallas
I kid. Its just cool that the machine is progressing and the news like the topper is great. Its turning into one sweet ride and Im actually in the car this time. Hold on Luke lets go jump something! Like that topper. Yeehaw!

#16 12 years ago

Sign me up for the prototype source code from BD, I want it on mine!

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well I know what BD's topper will look like...

Now with, animated "shimmy/jiggle" action!

Swap my FT topper ?

#18 12 years ago

This is really shaping up to be an epic pin, can't wait for you lucky dogs that are getting one to post pics and comments!!

#19 12 years ago

"Interactive" is a very broad term. Several toppers seen in the past have already been interactive to some degree. Even the TAF topper is considered interactive because of the light show when you start multiball. That being said, why even mention an interactive topper? Isn't it pretty much a given by now?

#20 12 years ago

If you are trying to sell something you list everything it will have on it. A topper is not standard on pins. The only company to compare is Stern. How many do you see in the wild with toppers?

If you buy a new car, why do they list wheels and engines as standard equipment. They even list the alternator. There has not been a car without an alt in decades. If it has an engine it will have an alt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-interactive-emerald-city-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.