(Topic ID: 54324)

WOZ in your house

By Audioenslaved

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

029.JPG
    027.JPG
    018.JPG
    IMG_1770.jpeg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I've got a WOZ coming eventually.... And all I want to know is how many people have their WOZ and the date they recieved them. People who don't have a WOZ or want to abuse me for hating have got my angle wrong. I just want to know how many machines are out there. Please just post if you've got one... I don't even care what date you ordered them just the date you recieved it

Recieved 4

#2 10 years ago

Does it really matter at this point? They are sending out games weekly now. I've had mine for two weeks and I was a late day one orderer.

#3 10 years ago

Yeah I'm interested as someone who ordered in feb 12 and at a guess I would say 600+ games in front of mine. You'd don't care because you've got your game, I'm sure I'd be like that too... So I guess the count is at 1

#4 10 years ago

Stangbat has his in KC, so make the count 2.

#5 10 years ago

I din't mean that in a negative way. I just know you are all going to be thrilled. I suspect that the day ordered numbers will increase fast. Many probably ordered that first day or two then I bet it trickled down from there. Next we'll be hearing feb, march of 2011 orders being filled at a faster rate I bet. Trust me you'll be happy

#6 10 years ago

If your looking for output numbers why not call JJP directly? I called and was given an idea as to when mine was going to be made without hesitation.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

If your looking for output numbers why not call JJP directly? I called and was given an idea as to when mine was going to be made without hesitation.

Doubt you're going to get a output number. Jack has always been great about answering all my questions but when I asked for production numbers .....nothing.

#8 10 years ago

I received mine already, they have been shipping.

#11 10 years ago

Death and Coaster.....have you had any problems with game parts not working correctly or any other glitches?

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Yeah I'm interested as someone who ordered in feb 12 and at a guess I would say 600+ games in front of mine. You'd don't care because you've got your game, I'm sure I'd be like that too... So I guess the count is at 1

Feb '12? I'd say more like 950 games in front of you...just relax, you'll get yours around October/November I'd guess.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from SteveS:

Death and Coaster.....have you had any problems with game parts not working correctly or any other glitches?

Nope, the only issues I had was the width of my stairway going downstairs and the weight of the machine, so I had to pull the head to get it down safely without scratching the machine or damaging my testicles.

#14 10 years ago

LOL Death, we had a similar problem bringing the machine upstairs.

I also had a defective Monkey assembly and relay. My Winkie Guard switch was flopping around and needed adjustment. It also traps a ball behind it every once in a while. My Castle Doors also don't open properly and trap a ball in the popper stopping play. I have been told that some of this is a software issue.

I happy to say that Jack and Ken have been FANTASTIC about addressing my concerns. They respond to my emails within an hour and we have had emails back and forth well into the night on multiple occasions. They are truly interested in making sure that every machine they sell is working properly and are very receptive to my observations and suggestions even though I am a 'newbie' pinballer. The replacement hardware that I needed for the Monkey assembly was overnighted and Ken walked me through the simple installation.

I cannot say how happy I am that I bought a ECWOZLE and look forward to the promised software upgrades. It is a great game now and will only get better.

#15 10 years ago

Wow, this is the first that I heard of any issues with Jack's machines. However being realistic and knowing that sometimes things can loosen up during shipping and handling this issue is very real for any pinball company, however it's all about how the company handles your needs to such a situation and it sounds like they were very accommodating right from the start which I'm very glad to hear for any of us can find ourselves in the same spot one day.

#16 10 years ago

Yes, I agree. They have proven they are more than accomodating right from the start.

I am concerned about the Castle Doors as I cannot hit a ball into the popper or it gets trapped. Ken told me it is a known problem and will be corrected in software. Same with the Winkie Guard and a ball getting trapped behind it.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like these?

#17 10 years ago

I have not or haven't as of yet. Are you running version 1.12? I know a newer release is about to come out.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have not or haven't as of yet. Are you running version 1.12? I know a newer release is about to come out.

you know when?

#19 10 years ago

Tomorrow i pick up #49

#20 10 years ago

Yes, 1.12

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Tomorrow i pick up #49

Shlock, were you a day 1 order? Just curious if the day one orders have been fill and if the are onto day 2 orders?

#22 10 years ago

There are going to be issues, it's how they deal with it. Stern machines have issues, they deal with I pretty well I think, I have heard b/w machines had issues out of the box too. There is so much going on that to have it all working flawlessly, although we expect that, to me just isn't realistic for every new machine.

It's good to know Jack is being as reactive to issues as noted. I should have mine in a couple weeks I've been told.

#23 10 years ago

I really forget if it was day one or two but f'in early

Ill ask tomorrow.

Mk

#24 10 years ago

The newer update is supposed to be released within days that's all I heard, not an exact date to say.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats doc, I think you will be very happy. The team has been great at helping me with a few Hic cups

#26 10 years ago

JJP just posted on Facebook that 10 left today and 25 are scheduled to go out by Friday.

35 in a week is not too bad.

#27 10 years ago

So out of a potential 35 only 4 have been recieved...

#28 10 years ago

Actually 35 in a week is not going to be near enough...140/month.. 10 months just to get all the LE and some standards out... He needs to get over 50 per week just to make any headway. The machine has been in production now for what 6 weeks?.. and still not making their way thru day 2 orders yet..

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Actually 35 in a week is not going to be near enough...140/month.. 10 months just to get all the LE and some standards out... He needs to get over 50 per week just to make any headway. The machine has been in production now for what 6 weeks?.. and still not making their way thru day 2 orders yet..

True production does need to ramp up a bit and Jack admits that, but how many orders were on day one alone? I know of one distributor that bought 50-60 LE's alone on the first day as well as several standard versions and thats not counting any of the other distributors out there or all the folks who ordered through Jacks website on the first day. So it can actually be a few hundred machines ordered on day one alone.

#30 10 years ago

Still remains to be the fact that only 4 people here have put their hands up as receiving one...

#31 10 years ago

Still remains to be the fact that only 4 people here have put their hands up as receiving one...

So what you are saying is everyone that ordered a WOZ is a pin side member. Yeah....I don't think so.

OK who is Slash on pin side? Come out of the closet. lol

#32 10 years ago

Surely there are more than 4 pinside members who have bought and actually recieved machines

#33 10 years ago

I received mine May 15th. I was an early day 1 order.

#34 10 years ago

I think you may be surprised how many pinball people there are that aren't on Pinside.

--Luke

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighNoon:

I think you may be surprised how many pinball people there are that aren't on Pinside.
    --Luke

Exactly. I often wonder if they are smarter than I am.

#36 10 years ago

Surely there are more than 4 pinside members who have bought and actually recieved machines

There probably are but I'm sure there a few that don't want or need to broadcast to the world that they received their machine.

#37 10 years ago

I have several friends in the hobby that do not post here or anywhere. Granted they don't have WOZ machines on order either but that is another story.

#38 10 years ago

I know, this is simply unbelievable. Especially since every person who has ordered a WOZ is a Pinsider, has read this thread, and will certainly take the time to respond. It must be a conspiracy.

#39 10 years ago

Wow, this is the first that I heard of any issues with Jack's machines. However being realistic and knowing that sometimes things can loosen up during shipping and handling this issue is very real for any pinball company, however it's all about how the company handles your needs to such a situation and it sounds like they were very accommodating right from the start which I'm very glad to hear for any of us can find ourselves in the same spot one day.

I think owners are reluctant to post problems here due to the negative feedback that might follow. But if you've used the support site, the ticket #'s are growing so there are obviously some issues that need resolved. Keep in mind, the ticket #'s are also generated by new registration to the site so that accounts for much of the increase.

I fully expected at least some glitches considering we have early versions of the first game ever built by a brand new pinball company. As far as I'm concerned, it's part of the process and what I signed up for. The true test is the responsiveness of JJP which I have found to be unmatched. I am a little miffed, however, that Steve got his parts overnighted and mine were delivered in the normal course of things by a member of the Brown Army.

#40 10 years ago

I ordered at the end of January's announcement and I'm looking like August

#41 10 years ago

Nope, the only issues I had was the width of my stairway going downstairs and the weight of the machine, so I had to pull the head to get it down safely without scratching the machine or damaging my testicles.

How complicated or difficult was removing the head? Where did you disconnect the cables from?

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

How complicated or difficult was removing the head? Where did you disconnect the cables from?

This will be a must for me as well. From what I have heard it is basically a couple of cables and unbolting the head. I believe Alex said this before.

#43 10 years ago

I received my ECLEWOZ yesterday. #600.
    Got it from distributor who ordered early. Paid big bucks, but worth every penny.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

This will be a must for me as well. From what I have heard it is basically a couple of cables and unbolting the head. I believe Alex said this before.

That's pretty much it. Although if you're looking at it from purely a weight perspective, you might have better luck taking the playfield out. That's what we did last time we had to change games in my house, and that's pretty easy to deal with too.

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

That's pretty much it. Although if you're looking at it from purely a weight perspective, you might have better luck taking the playfield out. That's what we did last time we had to change games in my house, and that's pretty easy to deal with too.

Utilizing the full length playfield support rails was a great move. Just pop it out and set it down on the floor. It's great for working on the game too.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Its more of a geometry thing for me. I have to do a 180 degree turn on my landing and widebody games are quite a challenge. With the head removed (as well as the playfield) it will be a piece of cake.

#47 10 years ago

Chocky,

Super easy, there were several plugs to disconnects, and then I pulled the two hinge bolts and right off it went.

Let me recall:

1- Pair of Speaker Wires
    2- Wire for LED Topper
    3- RGB Video cable for LCD
    4- Power cable for LCD
    5- Wire for LED behind backglass

Real easy, 3 plugs were on the left side, 2 on the right side. It lighten the load quite a bit too for stair work.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Utilizing the full length playfield support rails was a great move. Just pop it out and set it down on the floor. It's great for working on the game too.

Does this slide out on the full rails onto the floor much like the pin2k's?

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

There are going to be issues, it's how they deal with it. Stern machines have issues, they deal with I pretty well I think, I have heard b/w machines had issues out of the box too. There is so much going on that to have it all working flawlessly, although we expect that, to me just isn't realistic for every new machine.
    It's good to know Jack is being as reactive to issues as noted. I should have mine in a couple weeks I've been told.

Even almighty Gottlieb System 1 (later model; Totem) had problems right out of the box.

#50 10 years ago

Atomicboy, the rails are like P2K, but the wiring harness is not long enough (at least on mine) to pull the playfield all the way out and stand it on the floor without unplugging it from the machine. There were two additional things I found surprising. One was that 3 of the Molex connectors are the same and they are not keyed so you have to be sure to mark them when removing the playfield. The other is that there was a power supply or amplifier or something in a metal cage mounted against the back wall of the cabinet that had screw terminals instead of connectors. When I removed my playfield I removed this whole cage from the cabinet (2 or 3 screws) rather than disconnecting all the wires from the screw terminals. It was really puzzeling that everything else had connectors for easy removal of the playfield, but not this one component.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-in-your-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.