WOZ in time for Christmas.jpg
image(3).jpeg
image(5).jpeg
image(4).jpeg
image(1).jpeg
image(2).jpeg
image.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

I know by now there have been a lot of WOZ delivery stories and reviews, but I wanted to take a couple of minutes to give my initial impressions.

First I want to say that Buddy Herron is one hell of a guy to do business with and I would buy from him again in a heartbeat. He even delivered it to me! Again, this is not a complete review because I have only started one game to make sure the sounds and everything was working, just some quick thoughts.

First, it's heavy! I am not a small guy, but getting this box down into my basement was not fun. Even lifting the playfield feels heavier than my Sterns. Appearance - absolutely stunning. I had seen it in person before, but the finish really is amazing. I was slightly disappointed because it looks like there was a small knick on the cab that they had touched up. Extremely MINOR, but I am VERY retentive. That said, the graphics and quality just take your breath away.

I also didn't realize that the backglass was a backglass - I thought it was a translite. Was pleasantly surprised. The sound is also amazing. Love the stereo headphone output.

The playfield is amazingly smooth. I know it will dimple after a few games, but the shine far exceeds that of the Tron I also purchased NIB. Not sure if it's more clear or better buffing, but it is most certainly better quality.

I haven't purchased new balls for it yet, just haven't gotten around to it. That said, one of the ones that came with it was completely trashed. Nice big chunk missing from it. Would have played hell on the playfield if I had just installed them. Not a big deal, but an observation.

Updated immediately to 1.24 and will update to 1.25 tomorrow. No issues with the update. Haven't set all the settings yet or tested out all game play because I want the Cliffy's on first and they don't get installed until tomorrow. Speaking of which, if anyone has any experience with installing the Cliffy's on WOZ - could use some pointers. Specifically, do I have to remove the mini playfield to add the edge protector?

Invisiglass and shaker are enroute and will hopefully be here in a week or two with the holidays. Pics are below and I'll post more review when I get in some games.
image(1).jpegimage(1).jpeg
image.jpegimage.jpeg
image(2).jpegimage(2).jpeg
image(3).jpegimage(3).jpeg
image(4).jpegimage(4).jpeg
image(5).jpegimage(5).jpeg

#2 10 years ago

Thanks for the compliments, we are trying to deliver as many WOZ pins as possible. I am so glad it worked out that we could drop yours off along with Jim, The Banker. I know many more are waiting but the pins are being cranked out more and more!

I would also like to thank everyone for their orders over the last two years and I hope to be doing this another 25 years as the first 25 years has gone by quick.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy 2014!

WOZ in time for Christmas.jpgWOZ in time for Christmas.jpg IMG_6427.JPGIMG_6427.JPG IMG_6426.JPGIMG_6426.JPG
#3 10 years ago

Buddy The Elf ?

#4 10 years ago

Buddy Claus?

#5 10 years ago

I agree that Buddy is a fantastic guy. Great guy to know in this hobby! Merry Christmas, Buddy, and congrats to the OP on your new WOZ.

#6 10 years ago

WOZLE , was, worth the wait! BR and Shane were here when it arrived. My grandchildren will see it today , can't wait for their reaction. Thanks, again, merry Christmas.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

WOZLE , was, worth the wait! BR and Shane were here when it arrived. My grandchildren will see it today , can't wait for their reaction. Thanks, again, merry Christmas.

Banker,

Update to 1.24 full then 1.25. Let me know if you need any help. You will want the grandkids to see those versions. yours may have come with 1.23.

BR has my cell.

#9 10 years ago

Why weren't the glass and shaker already installed from JJP?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Why weren't the glass and shaker already installed from JJP?

Because it's a standard.

Only LE's came with invisiglass and a shaker.

#11 10 years ago

Yup. Easy install and I'm sure they'll be here soon

#12 10 years ago

Buddy is a great guy!

#13 10 years ago

Buddy is the best, THANK YOU BUDDY for all you have done for me! Looking forward to the Hobbit too!

-Brannon

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Banker,
Update to 1.24 full then 1.25. Let me know if you need any help. You will want the grandkids to see those versions. yours may have come with 1.23.
BR has my cell.

Thanks, Shane put 1.24 that night, he has downloaded 1.25. He is waiting for Sterns releases to do all at once.
WOZ is fantastic!

#15 10 years ago

Wait he's waiting for stern to release code before doing 1.25? We will be at 2.0 before that happens.

JOKING! I'm patiently waiting for a Metallica update.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from brannonrad:

Buddy is the best, THANK YOU BUDDY for all you have done for me! Looking forward to the Hobbit too!
-Brannon

Thank you for your support with the orders!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Buddy is a great guy!

Thanks for the kind words! I look forward to seeing you again at the Louisville Expo. I really am thankful for your loading help too at the end of the show.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I agree that Buddy is a fantastic guy. Great guy to know in this hobby! Merry Christmas, Buddy, and congrats to the OP on your new WOZ.

Thanks for your orders too. I just got the new mod for Tron Pro and in a word its awesome. I would recommend it as the ramps are much more like the LE now. If you are up my way please stop by. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Buddy The Elf ?

I am too big and tall to be elf, more like Santa even down to the nose!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wait he's waiting for stern to release code before doing 1.25? We will be at 2.0 before that happens.
JOKING! I'm patiently waiting for a Metallica update.

Shane will update WOZ in the next few days , who knows when the others will be released. All of my grandchildren
were blown away when we turned on WOZ.

#21 10 years ago

Merry Christmas Buddy, Jim, Alex and all!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Merry Christmas to you as well. Hope your back is better.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Jack gave me a present for you! We have to see each other at the Feb auction.

#24 10 years ago

Wow. It is a merry Christmas! Thanks.

And my back is a lot better, Jim. Thanks for the good wishes.

#25 10 years ago

Updated to 1.25 yesterday, took all of 5 minutes. Cliffy's going on today and then I get to play the heck out of it. Thanks again Buddy!

#26 10 years ago

Don't forget to mod, volume control plate $55 plus free shipping
Merry Christmas
Pinnovators.com
image-301.jpgimage-301.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-720.jpgimage-720.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-in-the-house-thanks-buddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.