You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Dorthy.jpg
DD.jpg
WoZ2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. However, here are my top WOZ annoyances:
1) There is ZERO grace period on the ball saver. If the light is out a millisecond before draining, you are done. I've cursed it many times.
2) The witch hurry-up doesn't pause while you are on the castle playfield...so if you miss the witch and go to the VUK instead the counter keeps going...do I flip on the castle playfield or let it fall off so I can finish the witch off?
3) That damn castle playfield...you get up there after knocking the guards down and drain off you have to knock the guards down again. It becomes really frustrating after capturing Dorothy and spelling Rescue, opening the door finally and draining off it. Have to start over on the guards and door...and really hope you don't accidentally hit the rescue loop to add a ball...now you have to spell rescue again and open the door! Rescue multiball is extremely difficult to start!
4) It seems that every time I get rainbow spelled locks or EC multiball is lit...so, I get stuck hitting the ramp and trying to juggle twister and multiple balls. One or both always seems to be lost for me.
5) Fireball frenzy always seems to start with some other multiball for me...good luck avoiding the "fire" shots with multiple balls!
6) The spinning house hangs low on a corner and hits the ball if both in the right place...anyone else notice this?
7) During Melt the Witch, like clockwork, I always drain a ball after locking one in the VUK. ALWAYS.

That said...boy this is a fantastic game! I've wanted to slam a sledgehammer through it many times, but challenge is a good thing. I love it!

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Ok, can I complain too. The left side save is horribly hard compared to the Toto save. I don't even know why I try. Most times I can't even spell RAINBOW. It gives the false hope to the player. It just makes the death of the ball hurt that much more.

I agree...for my machine the middle target (I guess it the "place" target) is really tough to get. I've beat TNPLH once to win my ball back and it felt great!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think that is normal. Something may be mounted wrong.

Want verify for me? Spin the house by hand and check out the ball clearances?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Add a second to the ball saver to compensate
As far as #6 that shouldn't happen? I would check the house is sitting properly on the spindle.

It's not often...seems a slow roller MAY get hit, but a fast loop doesn't?

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think a lot on here don't know the difference between lust and love. Wait 5 years before you can really say for sure. You will be surprised how many old titles become more missed and enjoyed years down the road. I'll never say any game that's less than 5 years old is the "best Ever". You really can't. Hasn't stood the test of time yet. Might be fun. But new tail always is. If you can still look it in the backglass after 5 years and still say it's the best, then your in love.

Agree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-imo-is-the-best-pin-ever-made?tu=pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.