Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Hogbog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Noticed this a few days ago. Dorothy's house doesn't spin anymore. No movement when the game first boots up, nor at anytime during gameplay.

When I try to make it spin in the Device Test Mode, I DO hear a faint mechanical whirring noise coming from under the playfield. The motor seems to be doing (or at least trying to do) SOMETHING down there. I can spin the house freely with my hand, so I don't think it's getting bound or stuck on anything.

Any thoughts or ideas? All input is GREATLY appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

Have you checked under the playfield ? maybe the motor is not connected anymore to the house (shaft ?). But my first thought would be to start looking under the playfield..

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Noticed this a few days ago. Dorothy's house doesn't spin anymore. No movement when the game first boots up, nor at anytime during gameplay.
When I try to make it spin in the Device Test Mode, I DO hear a faint mechanical whirring noise coming from under the playfield. The motor seems to be doing (or at least trying to do) SOMETHING down there. I can spin the house freely with my hand, so I don't think it's getting bound or stuck on anything.
Any thoughts or ideas? All input is GREATLY appreciated!

Sounds like your motor shaft set-screw came loose. Check under the playfield in the test mode, and verify that is the case. You'll have to take off the upper playfield (well documented in the manual, which you can download from our site - http://docs.jerseyjackpinball.com/the-wizard-of-oz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf) in order to fix it.

Cheers,

Eric

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Sounds like your motor shaft set-screw came loose. Check under the playfield in the test mode, and verify that is the case. You'll have to take off the upper playfield (well documented in the manual, which you can download from our site - http://docs.jerseyjackpinball.com/the-wizard-of-oz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_3_5_Dec_2016.pdf) in order to fix it.
Cheers,
Eric

Thank you Eric! I will check that later.
Can you possibly tell me which part that screw is listed as, on page C40 or C41 from the manual?
Thank you!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Cheers,
Eric

Thank you SOOO MUCH, @hogbog!!! That was it! I found the motor shaft set screw when I removed the Munchkin playfield, and INDEED it was very loose. Tightened it up, and the house spins fine now! Really appreciate your help!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Thank you SOOO MUCH, hogbog!!! That was it! I found the motor shaft set screw when I removed the Munchkin playfield, and INDEED it was very loose. Tightened it up, and the house spins fine now! Really appreciate your help!

Glad you got it working! Crank out that Munchkin Multiball to celebrate!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 16.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 24.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-house-wont-spin-anymore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.