Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Which one(s) and why? BHZA #40 for me, non licensed, imagination, limited.

#2 11 years ago

As many as possible they are all cool

#3 11 years ago

I'm putting $ on Hobbit,but if Metallica happens,I'm pulling out of hobbit,& going all in on Metallica!!

#4 11 years ago

Which ever one I can afford.

#5 11 years ago

Predator.

/thread

#6 11 years ago

Star Trek!

#7 11 years ago

Metallica above all then hobbit

#8 11 years ago

Metallica will be a big seller thats for sure given the amount of sales of ACDC.

#9 11 years ago

I'd love a star trek.

waiting to see how the hobbit will be.

#10 11 years ago

I can only justify one NIB per year.

For my household 2013 will result in either a Premium Metallica or Premium Star Trek. If those two both somehow dissapoint me then a Premium Avengers will be the new addition as that title really impressed me with it's fresh layout & intriguing features.

The other titles you mentioned are certainly appealing but due to the nasty JJP fiasco I refuse to preorder. My loss according to some but so be it, it's just outside my comfort level.

If I were to pay for a game not yet made I'd go for the Predator. Fair price, adult theme & really cool from the pics shown so far.

#11 11 years ago

Predator, hands down, wham-bam-thank you ma'am.

Couldn't care less about Metallica (Kill em all is sick, but maybe they'll sue me too for having a machine playing their music and the translite will be an awesome shot of them shopping on Rodeo Drive in their skinny jeans and razor sharp haircuts.......); BHZA is way too expensive for a pinball machine (same for WOZ, Hobbit, Avengers, and more than likely Star Trek - but all of the previous are not on the same level of what BHZA will offer for the price); Nemo is cool, but also too expensive and I can't stand the music in it.

#12 11 years ago

Predator and Nemo for me:
- Predator: for rules, game design.
- Nemo: for Art, LCD integration on the PF, supportive of European artisanal designers

- Would love P3 or BHZA but out of my league (close to $10k)
- Avenger: Tired of superheroes - now even allergic
- Metallica: Depends on how it plays. But ACDC would be first on my wishlist
- WOZ: not my theme
- Hobbit: sounds nice, depends on how it plays... will know in 2014. Hopefully there will be a LOTR at home by then.
- Full Throttle : not really my theme (even if I own a Banzai Run !), I was more interested in Circe.

#13 11 years ago

Hmm difficult one. Torn between Metallica and Star Trek.
But i think Star Trek would win in the end.

#14 11 years ago

Looking forward to WOZ delivery in the next few months, I'll stay on the list for The Hobbit as long as I like what I see, wouldn't buy a Stern NIB, and all the other boutique games are interesting, but not for me.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Looking forward to WOZ delivery in the next few months, I'll stay on the list for The Hobbit as long as I like what I see, wouldn't buy a Stern NIB, and all the other boutique games are interesting, but not for me.

Metallica and Avengers for me
derek

#16 11 years ago

WoZ -Yes
Hobbit-No
Predator-Yes
Avengers-No
Star Trek-Yes
Metallica-No
BHZA- dreaming

#17 11 years ago

Star Trek-Love Sci-fi and the Steve/Lyman combo

#18 11 years ago

WoZ -No. Theme
Hobbit-No. 1.5 years out for a "real pinball company"
Predator-No
Avengers-Maybe. Looks interesting time will tell.
Star Trek-Yes. SR
Metallica-Yes
BHZA- CT #11

#19 11 years ago

Predator - Yes
Metallica - Strong Maybe
Star Trek - We'll See

#20 11 years ago

I may get The Hobbit, if the layout looks good. If not, then nothing. NIB is damn expensive, I have to be REALLY picky..not gonna spend that much money on a dud...need to see/play first

#21 11 years ago

Predator - I'm in
BHZA - I'm in
WOZ - Big no (theme)
Hobbit - Will look at on release, will not pre-order
Star Trek - still a pipe dream

With Predator and BHZA, those are real limited editions, so I'm happy to have taken action on them. Most everything else will be available in quantity so I can wait and see.

#22 11 years ago

What are eight games I unfortunately can't afford. Alex. Just on theme it would be the Hobbit for me but BHZA seems like its either going to be so awesome that it will set a new high for pinball or just not flow great because its loaded with ideas.

#23 11 years ago

I'd really like to get The Hobbit because of the theme. But I'm going to need to know a lot more about it until I make that decision.

#24 11 years ago

To me, it's all about gameplay. If the game design is good and the ruleset is challenging and dynamic, I really don't care that much what the theme is. Unfortunately, no way to really know until these games hit the pavement.

#25 11 years ago

WoZ -NO, Theme
Hobbit-No, Theme
Predator-No, wanted to but never really got into it enough to take a slot from someone that will want one badly.
Avengers-Yes HULK reeled me in.
Star Trek-Yes, if a premium edition is made.
Metallica-No
BHZA-No, had to back out..too much money with a long wait that would eat at me.
Not buying European Pinballs

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Metallica will be a big seller thats for sure given the amount of sales of ACDC.

Maybe. Unless it's as awesome as TRS was.

#27 11 years ago

Predator (No. 37) - couldn't pass up on the adult theme. I'll be interested in Stern's first LCD game as well. I would have liked an Avengers LE but since I'm currently keeping my pins at my office I had to pass since I already had one comic book themed pin... Hulk LE looks awesome though.

I may end up grabbing a Hobbit, I'll need some more details so I won't be pre-ordering it until much later (yes, I know people are saying get in line early, but I think 1,500 LE's will mean I can wait a year or so).

#28 11 years ago

Metallica no question.. I don't even need to see it to purchase. I have 11 concerts under my belt one being their first debut with Raven.

#29 11 years ago

WoZ No
Hobbit we shall see how WoZ turns out but prob still no
Predator no
Avengers Unsure
Metallica No. Im a huge fan but cant stand the same songs over and over in a pin.
BHZA Yes. It has everything im looking for and the inovation is second to none.
MG No. To late to the party on this. I would have been if given the opportunity.

#30 11 years ago

WOZ - yes
Hobbit - yes
Avengers - no, enough with superheroes
Metallica - we'll see. Retired from per-ordering Sterns
BHZA - tempted but still can't get comfortable
MG - no
Predator - no
P3 - no
Full Throttle - no, theme not for me

#31 11 years ago

I'd like Hulk very much, but have got XM and Tron. I would like to try some other brands so have Predator and WoZ on order.

This will be a test indeed for Stern. So far Stern makes good games has a track record behind them, but not pushing the boundaries yet. I kind of know what to expect from Stern. And since The Avengers will be available in premium, I don't think there is as urgent of need to get the LE. Yes, the Hulk does have a great look, but I just don't know enough about The Avengers to order it cold just from pics.

#32 11 years ago

Metallica......maybe
Hobbit........yes

no on the others

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Metallica......maybe
Hobbit........yes
no on the others

WOZ=NO
HOBBIT= unsure(dont like to order games till I see some pics
Metallica hell yeah
Hulk LE hell yeah
BHZA too much

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

WoZ No
BHZA Yes. It has everything im looking for and the inovation is second to none.

How is BHZA innovative? Compared to P^3?

#35 11 years ago

A year ago I had no plans to ever buy NIB. Not only did I wind up doing that this year, but now I'm cursing Stern and JJP for coming up with a couple dream themes.

That's the long way of saying I will be saving up for Metallica, for if that was not rumored, I would have put money down on Hobbit.

I will also say that MG and BHZA look very intriguing, just simply out of my price range.

#36 11 years ago

The thing about The Hobbit is, they are making 1500 LE editions, I don't understand how they could call that LE. It's 100x as many as MG. I would assume a lot of people who say no, may end up with one if it turns out to be good or once more details are released. Just not a lot of urgency to grab one at this time I don't think.

#37 11 years ago

Got a woz coming, bailed on bhza probably should have stayed in we will see. Ordered a hulk, I am on the predator list, still thinking on hobbit, I would buy a Metallica I think as I am a big fan

#38 11 years ago

First NIB ordered June 2011 WOZ but I am wondering if I may get my Predator# 4 before WOZ?

WOZ: love the fit and finish of the game, put together very beautiful!

Predator: Adult theme, the Skit B team just seem to have their head in the game and are listening to the people!

I am excited for both and need to start making some room as we approach the much anticipated deliveries of them both!

Chris

#39 11 years ago

Well I'll buy a Metallica LE without even looking into what it looks like or anything. That's how STRONG that theme is for me. Even better is I know it's possible as Metallica is known as being pinball owners!

1 week later
#40 11 years ago

WOZ- Yes
Predator- no
Avengers- no
Metallica- no
BHZA- in a heartbeat
Hobbit- no
CN- Yes
Star Trek- no

Themes, creativity mean everything. Would love to see Road Runner/ Wile E. Coyote

#41 11 years ago

none of them. Well maybe STTNG if the price is right. But the others are all overpriced. Predator is actually the most reasonable out of all of them.

#42 11 years ago

Road runner wile e would be great. Or a looney tunes pin

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

none of them. Well maybe STTNG if the price is right. But the others are all overpriced. Predator is actually the most reasonable out of all of them.

I think the question was referring to the rumored upcoming NEW Start Trek game, not STTNG.

From me, some editorial comments:
Predator - Not in, but looks like a cool project. Have no clue how it will be funded and produced with minimal pre-order deposits; I estimate more than $500k for parts alone for the 250-game run, plus factory/workman costs and lots of other stuff. Is Skitb independently wealthy?
BHZA - I'm in, looks like this will be a lot of fun with some cool neat JPOP toys and the usual great JPOP layout. It will be interesting to see the programming quality from the "new guys" working on this!
WOZ - I'm in. Played it for the first time last week. The build quality and art/lighing/sound/features are killer. And it is practically shipping. Sets a new bar for pin quality IMO.
Hobbit - On the fence for a refundable pre-order. Really want to see some basic playfield layout before I commit. Widebodies can be good or bad. (I kike the WOZ layout, moves fast, sort of a more open TZ-like layout; OTOH, I really detest the STTNG layout with the big, meandering open pf.)
Star Trek, Metallica: Will be on the sidelines. Really don't like the cheap, cookie-cutter look/feel of Stern games over the past few years and am opposed to paying a huge premium for a Premium/LE "full" game. But it will be interesting to see if they come out with a new LCD display system. (Will Stern up their game, or cut costs even further elsewhere for the new system?) BTW Metallica *should* have a sound system that's even half as good as WOZ's; I think the audio on ACDC sucks for a "premium no-budget-restraints" high-priced pin. Stereo sound, 6 drivers plus woofer, 150 W/channel amp would make Metallica *kill*! But not holding my breath...
Nemo: Not in but am intrigued by this and look forward to seeing how it comes out!

#44 11 years ago

then pull STTNG out of my comment, and stick with Neither or Predator, since they are the only ones that seem to price anything reasonable.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It will be interesting to see the programming quality from the "new guys" working on this!

That's what they said about X-Men.

Quoted from StevenP:

WOZ - I'm in....... And it is practically shipping.

LOL. What does that even mean?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-hobbit-avengers-star-trek-metallicapredatorsnemo-or-bhza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.