IMG_20170109_174226515 (resized).jpg
IMG_5010 (resized).JPG
IMG_5009 (resized).JPG
20170108_135814_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_3953 (resized).JPG
IMG_3954 (resized).JPG
IMG_3952 (resized).JPG
IMG_3951 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Be sure the playfield metal clips sits flush. See pic. You should be ok then

I think she's saying the left one wont go down flush because the metal bar is hitting that tumb screw, Even if that screw isn't screwed in all the way the bar shouldn't hit it, It's close though, Try picking up the playfield and setting the left side in just a hair further to the right and hold the right side up a little till the left side falls in place. Looks like it is just a little bit twisted. I think this should do it. Can't hurt to try screwing that thumb screw in a bit more if it will go but mine is just like the pic you showed and it does not get in the way of the bar. It's real close but not in the way... And for goodness sake make sure you as per instructions, took out the packing foam pieces from behind the monkey in the back of the playfield. This could also cause issues with the playfield not falling in right if these pieces got pushed in the way when you opened it...

#10 7 years ago

Wow there is something really wrong here, just looked at mine and with the playfield down and flush there is a good inch or inch and a half of space between the bar and that screw! That screw could be twice and tall and still would not come close! Check that box and make sure there's not something underneath it or make sure it's all the way down in the cabinet. You're rails look exactly like mine so I don't know what happened here... Very strange...

#17 7 years ago

Mine, see all the space between? Your bar is coming down way farther... is this the screw towards the front or the back? Either way mine have no way to even come close to the bar. Maybe the Hobitt bars as Pinballomatic stated... also as in the pic my screws are about a half inch more towards the center not directly under the bar. Also I don't see the rubber feet on your bar in the pic...

20170108_135814_resized (resized).jpg20170108_135814_resized (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago

Suzpinball it sounds like you're keeping your patience very well! JJP will have you going before you know it. They are great.

It is a great game and it will be worth it! Nice Job so far and for not trying to force things...

#29 7 years ago

You guys got the wrong support bars on there, the ones on WOZ are much closer to the under side of the playfield. Maybe they ran out and thought these would be ok? Not acceptable! Check out the pics from WOZ where the bar does not touch the screw or the shaker, the bar is a good two inches closer to the playfield. Wrong bars installed by accident or as a cost cutter...?

#30 7 years ago

WOZ Notice the Hobbit bars are deeper to accomodate the bigger mechs. Must be Hobbit Bars your your games!

WOZ4 (resized).jpgWOZ4 (resized).jpg
Hobbit
Hobbit1 (resized).jpgHobbit1 (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

And the rubber foot all the way towards the front nails it! Hobbit support bars!!! Doh! Somebody make mistakey!!!

#34 7 years ago

Someone there probably didn't realize they were different rails for each game, and didn't check the part number, or thought they were a newer version or something. I would ask for replacements and have them send a label, and box to return the others, if they want them back. That is not acceptable to leave it like that... Might require different screw holes which would really suck...

#38 7 years ago

As long as you put the end with the rubber foot close to the end in the front by the coin box you will have it right. They may be marked left or right but I think they are the same. Good luck and just take your time, I'm sure it will be fine. Hopefully the holes will line up the same and not have to drill new ones which would kind of suck...

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

You aren't alone! I got my machine right after Christmas and that was the first thing I noticed. Also, my bar is touching the shaker motor. However, the playfield is level. Should I be concerned too?

Looks like it's time to call JJP!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I emailed them and was unable to attach photos due to a system error message. I got a reply saying that this is normal. Guess I'll have to call.

Quoted from billycrna:

I emailed them and was unable to attach photos due to a system error message. I got a reply saying that this is normal. Guess I'll have to call.

Funny they are sending Suz new support bars but they told you this is normal... Sounds like you need to have a talk with them for sure!

#43 7 years ago

playfield have been removed so that they do not interfere. If everything is in place correctly, the Hobbit bars do in fact work properly on a WOZ machine (everything is a bit tight but it all works). Thanks

What about the rubber bumper that's resting on the shaker motor housing? Looking at it, you could probably just take those out, the two towards the front, and just have the two in the middle area like they are on WOZ anyway... so it's not resting on the housing. Then I guess it would be ok... if the housing is adjusted to the proper position as you suggested. As long as it all closes up and the playfield is resting correctly no reason it would be any problem I suppose...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homebrood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-help-on-new-machine?tu=homebrood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.