Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by billycrna
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Hobbit1 (resized).jpg
WOZ4 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170109_174226515 (resized).jpg
IMG_5010 (resized).JPG
IMG_5009 (resized).JPG
20170108_135814_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_3953 (resized).JPG
IMG_3954 (resized).JPG
IMG_3952 (resized).JPG
IMG_3951 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Hello,
My husband bought me a new WOZ for my birthday that I was begging my husband for a long time for.Anyway, we were setting it up and the screw on the LED control box hits the undersurface of the tubular rail preventing the lockdown bar to lock.The playing field is now elevated now on the left side.I called after hours support,still not a phone call back.Unfortunately we live rural in the mountains ,therefore, not many people here familiar with this sort of thing,as we did not have a choice to buy local We are trying to slide over the LED control box to move the screw. Any suggestions would help,please!

#2 3 years ago

post some pictures of the issue i think it will help understand whats going on alot better

#3 3 years ago

Here are some pictures

IMG_3951 (resized).JPG

IMG_3952 (resized).JPG

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Suzpinball:

Here are some pictures

Is that thumb screw screwed down all the way?

#5 3 years ago

Be sure the playfield metal clips sits flush. See pic. You should be ok then

#6 3 years ago

Stand the playfield up and take a picture where you can see the entire rail and where its mounted. Then Id just remove the rail for now and play it as a quick solution. Then tomorrow call JJP and send them the pictures and they can figure out the way to fix it by either moving the rail mount location or sending a new rail if its bent.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Be sure the playfield metal clips sits flush. See pic. You should be ok then

I think she's saying the left one wont go down flush because the metal bar is hitting that tumb screw, Even if that screw isn't screwed in all the way the bar shouldn't hit it, It's close though, Try picking up the playfield and setting the left side in just a hair further to the right and hold the right side up a little till the left side falls in place. Looks like it is just a little bit twisted. I think this should do it. Can't hurt to try screwing that thumb screw in a bit more if it will go but mine is just like the pic you showed and it does not get in the way of the bar. It's real close but not in the way... And for goodness sake make sure you as per instructions, took out the packing foam pieces from behind the monkey in the back of the playfield. This could also cause issues with the playfield not falling in right if these pieces got pushed in the way when you opened it...

#8 3 years ago

Thanks, so much we are working on trying to get the screw down, there is no clearance Touching the bar and marking the undersurface of the bar.

#9 3 years ago

I could send these to JJP tomorrow. It's a great suggestion to take out the bar, although it seems like a lot of work. We are scared to ruin anything.

IMG_3954 (resized).JPG

IMG_3953 (resized).JPG

#10 3 years ago

Wow there is something really wrong here, just looked at mine and with the playfield down and flush there is a good inch or inch and a half of space between the bar and that screw! That screw could be twice and tall and still would not come close! Check that box and make sure there's not something underneath it or make sure it's all the way down in the cabinet. You're rails look exactly like mine so I don't know what happened here... Very strange...

#11 3 years ago

Take the cover off of the chassis -- that will get the thumbscrew out of the way. JJP will probably send you a different tube to better solve it.

#12 3 years ago

I'm assuming that the chassis box is under the rubber t-clips on both sides of course. Like he said, make sure that the chassis is all the way down.

#13 3 years ago

I'm going to take a guess here - this is just a guess. Perhaps you've got a Hobbit playfield bracket on there by mistake and thus it comes down farther into the cabinet bottom than it should. JJP will send you the correct one if so.

#14 3 years ago

How was the lockdown bar even on to begin with? It should have come from the factory on there properly. Curious???

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

How was the lockdown bar even on to begin with? It should have come from the factory on there properly. Curious???

Yeah that I don't know. Strange.

#16 3 years ago

Looks to me like the cpu box has come loose from the cabinet. I don't think its supposed to be so far forward. Looks like its right up against the cash box.

#17 3 years ago

Mine, see all the space between? Your bar is coming down way farther... is this the screw towards the front or the back? Either way mine have no way to even come close to the bar. Maybe the Hobitt bars as Pinballomatic stated... also as in the pic my screws are about a half inch more towards the center not directly under the bar. Also I don't see the rubber feet on your bar in the pic...

20170108_135814_resized (resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago

Yeah you're right - push the chassis box back into the center of the cabinet and clip it down on both sides with the rubber t-handles that are designed to hold it down. Nice catch.

#19 3 years ago

Thank you so much, you people are awesome. After hours support called back (super nice guy) and confirmed that there definitely should be clearance after checking one ( maybe the rail was made to big or even possibly it was a rail for another pin like the Hobbit got switched by accident. I need to call JJP tomorrow probably to get some new parts. Thanks again, you people know your stuff!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Suzpinball:

Thank you so much, you people are awesome. After hours support called back (super nice guy) and confirmed that there definitely should be clearance after checking one ( maybe the rail was made to big or even possibly it was a rail for another pin like the Hobbit got switched by accident. I need to call JJP tomorrow probably to get some new parts. Thanks again, you people know your stuff!

That Lloyd guy knows his stuff.

#21 3 years ago

Suzpinball it sounds like you're keeping your patience very well! JJP will have you going before you know it. They are great.

It is a great game and it will be worth it! Nice Job so far and for not trying to force things...

#22 3 years ago

You aren't alone! I got my machine right after Christmas and that was the first thing I noticed. Also, my bar is touching the shaker motor. However, the playfield is level. Should I be concerned too?

IMG_5009 (resized).JPG

#23 3 years ago

Another.....

IMG_5010 (resized).JPG

#24 3 years ago

Hope it all works for you. I bought a RRWOZ for my wife this Christmas. No major issues and she loves it!!! I bet you will too!
You must have a GREAT husband!!

Its a REAL FUN machine, and a keeper.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

You aren't alone! I got my machine right after Christmas and that was the first thing I noticed. Also, my bar is touching the shaker motor. However, the playfield is level. Should I be concerned too?

I would call JJP as well. There should be some clearance.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I'm going to take a guess here - this is just a guess. Perhaps you've got a Hobbit playfield bracket on there by mistake and thus it comes down farther into the cabinet bottom than it should. JJP will send you the correct one if so.

I just looked at my WOZRR and though I have no knowledge of the rails on TH being different I think this must be what happened because the rubber feet in the pictures aren't anywhere CLOSE to where they are on my game. Especially the picture with the rubber bumper sitting on the shaker motor. Maybe the CPU box is loose from it's rubber straps too because the rail on mine is not over the top of the box at all. Good luck!

IMG_20170109_174226515 (resized).jpg

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just looked at my WOZRR and though I have no knowledge of the rails on TH being different

Easy to check the manuals.

51-5030-01 Playfield Support Tube Assembly - Hobbit
51-5030-00 Playfield Support Tube Assembly - WOZ

Two different ones. Apparently someone on the assembly line grabbed the Hobbit ones and put on a WOZ.

LTG : )

#28 3 years ago

Hoppin Hobbits!!!!!!!

#29 3 years ago

You guys got the wrong support bars on there, the ones on WOZ are much closer to the under side of the playfield. Maybe they ran out and thought these would be ok? Not acceptable! Check out the pics from WOZ where the bar does not touch the screw or the shaker, the bar is a good two inches closer to the playfield. Wrong bars installed by accident or as a cost cutter...?

#30 3 years ago

WOZ Notice the Hobbit bars are deeper to accomodate the bigger mechs. Must be Hobbit Bars your your games!

WOZ4 (resized).jpg
Hobbit
Hobbit1 (resized).jpg

#31 3 years ago

And the rubber foot all the way towards the front nails it! Hobbit support bars!!! Doh! Somebody make mistakey!!!

#32 3 years ago

Looks pretty intentionally done to me. The middle rubber missing on the 3 examples on this thread shows they tried to get away with this from factory...

#33 3 years ago

Or they have a lazy employee on the line. I've worked on lines before when I was in college - not pinball production ones, but line-assembly type work. There are a lot of people who eventually turn to cutting corners. Either not checking the part number, or using the wrong part because it's right there and "close enough".

I would guess it was a mistake first because I don't like to assume malice, but the fact we have 3 examples makes me think there's a worker who couldn't find the right rails and didn't want to go searching.

#34 3 years ago

Someone there probably didn't realize they were different rails for each game, and didn't check the part number, or thought they were a newer version or something. I would ask for replacements and have them send a label, and box to return the others, if they want them back. That is not acceptable to leave it like that... Might require different screw holes which would really suck...

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Looks pretty intentionally done to me.

Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Or they have a lazy employee on the line.

There are non pinball people on the assembly line. They were given the wrong part, or grabbed the wrong part.

LTG : )

#36 3 years ago

Thank you for all your replies. We are playing phone tag with the daytime support people. I emailed support yesterday as well and still waiting for a reply. Hopefully we will get in contact soon. As for anybody wondering about the support bar when it arrived NIB, it was on but probably forced and not locked down all the way. I love pinball which I have a lot of great memories growing up with and hope to get this problem fixed soon.

#37 3 years ago

My husband finally talked to someone.It looks like they were the Hobbit brackets.They will be sending us the correct ones.Hopefully, we can put them on right.Lol Anyway, I am anxious to get my hobby started.

#38 3 years ago

As long as you put the end with the rubber foot close to the end in the front by the coin box you will have it right. They may be marked left or right but I think they are the same. Good luck and just take your time, I'm sure it will be fine. Hopefully the holes will line up the same and not have to drill new ones which would kind of suck...

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Looks like it's time to call JJP!

#40 3 years ago

I emailed them and was unable to attach photos due to a system error message. I got a reply saying that this is normal. Guess I'll have to call.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

I emailed them and was unable to attach photos due to a system error message. I got a reply saying that this is normal. Guess I'll have to call.

Quoted from billycrna:

Funny they are sending Suz new support bars but they told you this is normal... Sounds like you need to have a talk with them for sure!

#42 3 years ago

Okay this is very important: the Hobbit bars WILL work on a WOZ game you have to make sure that the chassis in the bottom center of the cabinet didn't shift out of place in shipping. There are recesses in the cabinet bottom that the chassis MUST be sitting down in for everything to fit properly. Make sure it's in place properly, make sure the T handles on each side are holding it down, make sure there are NO wires running over top of the shaker motor cover AND make sure that the foam shipping blocks behind the playfield have been removed so that they do not interfere. If everything is in place correctly, the Hobbit bars do in fact work properly on a WOZ machine (everything is a bit tight but it all works). Thanks

#43 3 years ago

playfield have been removed so that they do not interfere. If everything is in place correctly, the Hobbit bars do in fact work properly on a WOZ machine (everything is a bit tight but it all works). Thanks

What about the rubber bumper that's resting on the shaker motor housing? Looking at it, you could probably just take those out, the two towards the front, and just have the two in the middle area like they are on WOZ anyway... so it's not resting on the housing. Then I guess it would be ok... if the housing is adjusted to the proper position as you suggested. As long as it all closes up and the playfield is resting correctly no reason it would be any problem I suppose...

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

playfield have been removed so that they do not interfere. If everything is in place correctly, the Hobbit bars do in fact work properly on a WOZ machine (everything is a bit tight but it all works). Thanks
What about the rubber bumper that's resting on the shaker motor housing? Looking at it, you could probably just take those out, the two towards the front, and just have the two in the middle area like they are on WOZ anyway... so it's not resting on the housing. Then I guess it would be ok... if the housing is adjusted to the proper position as you suggested. As long as it all closes up and the playfield is resting correctly no reason it would be any problem I suppose...

Sure! I could take off the rubber bumper thats resting on the shaker motor. But then one side would have the bumper and the other wouldn't. It would be nice to have the rubber bumpers on both sides for cabinet protection if I pull out the playfield half way. I mean, I did just spend almost 10K on this machine. And it is brand new. I feel like this is more of a flaw than just an adjustment. I emailed them back a day ago and haven't heard anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside