(Topic ID: 229042)

WOZ Haunted Forest sign - Any idea on modding?

By dschulpius

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4731 (resized).JPG
IMG_4730 (resized).JPG
378 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Hi all,
I have a WOZ I'm in love with. Had it HUO since 2014. I've done a modest amount of modding (Castle Walls, Witch Well, exc).
Since I was a kid and saw this movie for the first time I really loved the The Haunted Forest sign the characters found at the edge of the forest. I was thrilled to find it installed as a decoration on top of the PF when I bought this pin. Sadly it sits way behind the tree pops and is very hard to see. I tried adjusting it's angle for a better view but it's still hard to tell it's there unless you're looking for it.
Has anyone done a mod on this sign to make it easier to see or look better? Maybe a light mod other then that lame little LED that is now sticking out the front? Any creative ideas on improving this sigh in this pin?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I don't think the sign is really that needed and is more for aesthetics than anything else. I don't look at it for information. The "Collect" insert on the playfield tells you when the Haunted mode is ready to start, the haunted inserts show you your progress in setting up the collect insert, and the LCD tells you if you are in a haunted mode and which mode it is.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Well, I understand all that..... However it's kinda nice to look at something and like what you see because it's something you like. Even though it's not needed for game play it would be nice to see it and enjoy looking at it. There's a lot of stuff on playfields that's really not needed. LOL, Thanks for the input anyway.

Because of their size, the trees would overwhelm just up about anything you do in that area.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-haunted-forest-sign-any-idea-on-modding?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.