WOZ Haunted Forest sign - Any idea on modding?

(Topic ID: 229042)

WOZ Haunted Forest sign - Any idea on modding?

By dschulpius

9 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by BlueIrocGuy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

378 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

Hi all,

I have a WOZ I'm in love with. Had it HUO since 2014. I've done a modest amount of modding (Castle Walls, Witch Well, exc).

Since I was a kid and saw this movie for the first time I really loved the The Haunted Forest sign the characters found at the edge of the forest. I was thrilled to find it installed as a decoration on top of the PF when I bought this pin. Sadly it sits way behind the tree pops and is very hard to see. I tried adjusting it's angle for a better view but it's still hard to tell it's there unless you're looking for it.

Has anyone done a mod on this sign to make it easier to see or look better? Maybe a light mod other then that lame little LED that is now sticking out the front? Any creative ideas on improving this sigh in this pin?

Thanks!

378 (resized).jpg
#2 9 days ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Hi all,
I have a WOZ I'm in love with. Had it HUO since 2014. I've done a modest amount of modding (Castle Walls, Witch Well, exc).
Since I was a kid and saw this movie for the first time I really loved the The Haunted Forest sign the characters found at the edge of the forest. I was thrilled to find it installed as a decoration on top of the PF when I bought this pin. Sadly it sits way behind the tree pops and is very hard to see. I tried adjusting it's angle for a better view but it's still hard to tell it's there unless you're looking for it.
Has anyone done a mod on this sign to make it easier to see or look better? Maybe a light mod other then that lame little LED that is now sticking out the front? Any creative ideas on improving this sigh in this pin?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I don't think the sign is really that needed and is more for aesthetics than anything else. I don't look at it for information. The "Collect" insert on the playfield tells you when the Haunted mode is ready to start, the haunted inserts show you your progress in setting up the collect insert, and the LCD tells you if you are in a haunted mode and which mode it is.

#3 9 days ago

Well, I understand all that..... However it's kinda nice to look at something and like what you see because it's something you like. Even though it's not needed for game play it would be nice to see it and enjoy looking at it. There's a lot of stuff on playfields that's really not needed. LOL, Thanks for the input anyway.

#4 8 days ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Well, I understand all that..... However it's kinda nice to look at something and like what you see because it's something you like. Even though it's not needed for game play it would be nice to see it and enjoy looking at it. There's a lot of stuff on playfields that's really not needed. LOL, Thanks for the input anyway.

Because of their size, the trees would overwhelm just up about anything you do in that area.

#5 7 days ago

Yes, I have to agree. It's pretty crowded back there. I thought about moving the sign forward or even raising it higher on posts. However when I tried it the result was not good. I'll have to keep thinking this one through. Maybe something will pop into my dusty cranial cavity. LOL.

#6 7 days ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Yes, I have to agree. It's pretty crowded back there. I thought about moving the sign forward or even raising it higher on posts. However when I tried it the result was not good. I'll have to keep thinking this one through. Maybe something will pop into my dusty cranial cavity. LOL.

I don't have a WOZ any more, but couldn't you design a mod that straddles between 2 of the trees but sits out front?

#7 5 days ago

Outstanding idea! I'll have to look closer to see if that can be done. Thanks.

#8 5 days ago

A couple of possible ideas...

1) A narrow focus spotlight led on a flexible post, that comes up from behind the sign. Curves around over the top to shine a beam of light just on the sign.

2) Remaking the sign and adding an led strip, so it can be lit up like the Wizard image is on the other side of the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,725 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.99
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside