You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

popcorn.jpg
20140724_141139.jpg
20150325_153513.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Just want to share the fact that for quite a while now my 2 WOZLE's that are on location have been working well with very few hiccups since they have had the re-engineered light board set in them. Just stating facts. (Of course, knock on wood). One is at Creek and Cave (with 7 other pins), and at Mugs Ale House)
-Allen20150325_153513.jpg20150325_153513.jpg20140724_141139.jpg20140724_141139.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Oh boy.....opening up a shitshow thread

popcorn.jpgpopcorn.jpg
#3 9 years ago

The WOZ at our location (where I play) is on their 4th light board now I believe...............Joey

#4 9 years ago

I still haven't gotten to play WOZ. Been to PHOF twice to play; first time it was turned off out of order - not sure why. Second time it was on but 90% of the lighting didn't work so I played one game and thought it might be a cool game 100%. hope to play a working one someday.

#5 9 years ago

if an OP like pinaholic is managing the games, there is no reason WOZ can't be reliable @home or @location. There are currently no "unsolved mystery" problems that I've heard about that are still open/unsolved. If those locations mentioned above are having light board issues (or any other problem) they simple need some updates. Hopefully those OP's get on them sooner than later.

*shrug*

#6 9 years ago

I've had WOZ at my pinbar (Pub 340 - Vancouver BC) since November 2013.

It has yet to blow a single LED board! Game is on from 9AM until 2AM every day, 364 days a year.

Total down time for the game has been around 12 days. My biggest issues:

1.> One opto went out in the trough board.
2.> Monitor 'AD' board died. I think commercial monitors are generally total JUNK and have very short warranties and are ridiculously overpriced, so I replaced the monitor with a off the shelf monitor for $150 with a 2 year warranty. Much better for location use reliability.

So yeah, this game has been rock solid. The kinks have been ironed out and this game is solid!

#7 9 years ago

Awesome to hear how they are holding up. Any chance you can comment about the playfield wear that some were having problems with?

#8 9 years ago

Yes, I can. It had a bit of insert wear at the winke drop target, but covered it up with maylar shortly after.

No wear at the pops, but I did proactively add mylar to them, and the state fair areas a few weeks ago. Some trace amounts of chipping at shooter lane and throne room, but absolutely no different than any modern stern that is routed in the same timeframe.

#9 9 years ago

I have two with similar wear, numerous light board problems to say the least, pop bumper trees coming loose, cab separation, I/o board went out on one, software issues on one, opto amp board on another. All in all pretty typical for the use that my games get.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

if an OP like pinaholic is managing the games, there is no reason WOZ can't be reliable @home or @location. There are currently no "unsolved mystery" problems that I've heard about that are still open/unsolved. If those locations mentioned above are having light board issues (or any other problem) they simple need some updates. Hopefully those OP's get on them sooner than later.
*shrug*

JJP sends them a replacement light board...on it right away....for the price this should not happen....period....yes it is a pinball machine but c'mon....it's a very wide spread issue............Joey

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

JJP sends them a replacement light board...on it right away....for the price this should not happen....period....yes it is a pinball machine but c'mon....it's a very wide spread issue............Joey

I disagree: first pin, new platform, new lighting system. add to it, the problem only came up for certain owners at certain times (mine has only blown 1 board after 6 months, so internal QC would have been hard pressed to catch it). To me, I knew the possibility was there but was well worth it. That type of experience is not for everyone, but was has mattered to me is that JJP has backed it up 100%. To each his own tho.

#12 9 years ago

Al's games were very early production BTW. He's on top of these things!

#13 9 years ago

I've had more problems than I should but most were not too bad. No light board problems (8/14 build) but a couple of loose coil plunger stops and missing screw from the winkie switch. These were small problems but I pointed them out so JJP could rectify the situation during assembly. My more severe problem was a random shut off during the game. This turned out to be the high voltage to the trough VUK - the wires were hitting the plunger when a ball entered the trough. 'Sounds easy enough to fix but it was SO intermittent - until finally it became a bit less intermittent.
What makes it all OK was the excellent service from JJP. Frank is the most patient guy in the world -if you've ever tried to explain something being a tech guy over the phone to a not so much tech guy like me you know how frustrating it is. We spent hours on this problem and he never yelled at me once.
Oh -yeah, one more thing. Anybody else "lose" a pinball? When you raise the gamefield and there's a ball in the monkey capture it drops into a hidden place under the wiring harness near the speaker somewhere. 'Absolutely maddening 'cause you KNOW it's there you just can't find it.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Oh -yeah, one more thing. Anybody else "lose" a pinball? When you raise the gamefield and there's a ball in the monkey capture it drops into a hidden place under the wiring harness near the speaker somewhere. 'Absolutely maddening 'cause you KNOW it's there you just can't find it.

Yep. My wife shot one that wound up under the castle playfield. Took a while to find it.

#15 9 years ago

I got to play one a PAPA once they got it fixed. They had two there, one in the C division and one for everyone else to play. I guess the one in the tournament area was acting up, so they swapped them out and took the malfunctioning one back in the back to fix. They got it fixed pretty quick, but when they were wheeling it back out, I saw the guy had half of the topper in his hand.

He walked by another guy that looked at him and said "Forgot to lower the machine before pulling it through the door, didn't you?". The topper had been snapped in half.

Anyway, I loved the game and it seemed to be in great shape for the next 3 days and I know it got the hell played out of it.

Good to hear that yours are reliable. I wish there was one around here to play.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. My wife shot one that wound up under the castle playfield. Took a while to find it.

Wow - the same thing happened to me but only once (in about 400 games). 'Used a coat hanger successfully.

#17 9 years ago

Game is very complex, no doubt. I have had good luck with mine.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

I've had WOZ at my pinbar (Pub 340 - Vancouver BC) since November 2013.
It has yet to blow a single LED board! Game is on from 9AM until 2AM every day, 364 days a year.
Total down time for the game has been around 12 days. My biggest issues:
1.> One opto went out in the trough board.
2.> Monitor 'AD' board died. I think commercial monitors are generally total JUNK and have very short warranties and are ridiculously overpriced, so I replaced the monitor with a off the shelf monitor for $150 with a 2 year warranty. Much better for location use reliability.
So yeah, this game has been rock solid. The kinks have been ironed out and this game is solid!

There really should be longer warranty on the monitor. Home televisions can take a lot of use but you can get cheap or free 5 year warranty. I take it JJP warranty on it lasted until November 2014

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

There really should be longer warranty on the monitor. Home televisions can take a lot of use but you can get cheap or free 5 year warranty. I take it JJP warranty on it lasted until November 2014

Just remembered it's only 3 months warranty for operators (UK )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Mankato, MN
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.