41%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

topper_standard_(resized).jpg
topper_le_(resized).jpg
topper_rr_(resized).jpg
B-07W14WoAAuObL_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

This is just to satisfy my own curiosity. Strictly talking about color, who likes the green WOZ vs red WOZ. Not talking about light board issues or the wooden apron or anything, strictly color and the overall look of the machine.

#3 7 years ago

I would pick the red one myself, but my wife and kids all like the green one a little more. I think the green does fit the movie more though.

#6 7 years ago

What do you guys think of this. Automated has a bunch of green ones made just for them. They are not ECLE. They are a newer run that has all the green but are not limited edition, they just call them "Emerald City Edition". Since they are newer, the light board issues would not be a problem. They don't come with Toto or the tornado toys, but I was told that they do come with the castle walls installed. This version is *slightly* cheaper than the RR WOZ, but of course a little more expensive than the standard. Family likes the green, but I'm wondering if I should just get the red because it is considered "Limited Edition". At these prices, I feel justified over thinking this a bit haha.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Personally I have bought the RR NIB. It was my first NIB ever, but that was because the ECLE was not available anymore. It was very nice, but the green one is THE one. As ladyslingshot mentioned the wooden apron is the differentiating factor. It makes the ECLE unique amongst all pinball machines. Also the cabinet art is much deeper in color and more shiny than the RR. I had them next to eachother for a few weeks so the difference was clearly visible.
I sold the RR and now own the ECLE with the castle walls, tornado and toto from the RR and for me it is the version to have.
By the way: I also had a standard version (also a few months next to the green one) and I noticed that the monitor of the standard was better. Deeper blacks and sharper image. I tried a lot with the controls but could not get it as good as the monitor in the standard. It were completely different monitors also. The one in the ECLE had its own case and power plug and PSU , the one in the standard was decased and got its power from the PSU in the cabinet. They could not be exchanged with eachother.

Didn't the early build woz pins use a different, slightly smaller screen that was vga? Anyone know what screen is on the RR?

#40 7 years ago

Has anyone here purchased automated's green emerald city pin? Just curious how the green color differs from the ECLE? Lighter, darker or the exact same? Does it for sure have the molded castle walls? I was told it does but would be nice to be 100% sure from an actual buyer.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I have the Automated Green version. I can take pictures later of whatever you want. I don't know anything from memory as I've been busy & haven't seen any of the games in my basement in a month. As far as the green, I'm not sure how I'll tell how it relates to the ECLEs since I won't have them side by side. It seems the same, but I didn't really think to see if it was exactly the same or not.
As far as Red or Green...I think me buying the Automated Green version tells you what I thought. When I was looking, there were no deals on later build ECLEs and I was patient. After a while, my choices were ECLE or Automated Green for close enough to the same price. Or I could have gone Ruby Red for a bit more. I really think the Green looks better and I'm very happy with my decision.
Many say my Green one will be hard to sell or it sucks or whatever...but it was right for me...and I'm happy.

Did your woz come with factory installed mylar?

#53 7 years ago

69 green to 49 red so far. Thanks everyone for all the input. I've decided though I will try to buy a ruby red. I'm now firmly in the red camp. Wife still likes the green more but I told her that with the red we'll get the toto toy, torndado toy and also the molded castle walls. I like the red topper better now too.

#62 7 years ago

Yes, seen an ecle in person and a standard. I'm not going to focus on an ecle because I can't find one for sale near me, been looking for 6 months. I've never seen an RR, just pics but I think it looks stunning.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My wife and I debated this very thing earlier this year. We went to order a RR and when calling found that there were a couple of the last built ECLE's NIB available. It tooks us a couple days going back and fourth to decide as both colors look great. Fortunately either way you get the same fantastic game.
For us the ECLE won for the following:
- direct print clearcoated cab
- wooden apron
- true LE, and at very end of run so no light board or other early glitch worries.
- prefered movie phrases vs 75 anniversary text on backglass
- additional toys were all available aftermarket already
But that 75th topper is nice! We asked if we could have the 75th topper with our ECLE and it was a done deal.
I do wish we could have seen a RR in person as I'm sure that red is spectacular judging by how fantastic the green looks in person vs in pictures. But ultimately other factors besides color swayed us.

If I could get a NIB ECLE for the same price as the RR I'm going to get I'd probably do it. For the reasons you stated above, especially the wooden apron, I would rather have a late run ECLE. Unfortunately, a NIB ECLE would be a little hard to come by now. I'm sure there are a few floating around out there, but most are probably going to try to cash in a little on it. The price I am going to pay for my Ruby Red is about as far as I'm willing to go, I don't want to pay a bunch more for a NIB ECLE.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah if its a big price difference I would go for the RR. When I was looking they were priced about the same.

I guess I am just assuming there would be a big price difference at this point, since a NIB ECLE late run would be a little rare now.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Green! When i think of the movie i think green is most appropriate.
If anyone is looking for a ECLE, i got you covered! (shameless promotion)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36167

If there was one within 300 miles of me I would have been all over it. I would have preferred a huo woz. But after months and months of waiting and not finding one I have to go nib.

#76 7 years ago

I bought a nib rr woz. Quest now over. Didn't come with factory mylar though, so I have to get some of that put on and cliffys. Booted right up and worked perfect out of the box. Updated to newest code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-green-or-red?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.