Topic poll

“What color do you like better for WOZ”

• Green 91 votes
    59%
  • Red 63 votes
    41%

(154 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

topper_standard_(resized).jpg
topper_le_(resized).jpg
topper_rr_(resized).jpg
B-07W14WoAAuObL_(resized).jpg

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

This is just to satisfy my own curiosity. Strictly talking about color, who likes the green WOZ vs red WOZ. Not talking about light board issues or the wooden apron or anything, strictly color and the overall look of the machine.

#2 3 years ago

When i think of WOZ the movie, i think of green. I think green looks letter with the playfield and side artwork.

#3 3 years ago

I would pick the red one myself, but my wife and kids all like the green one a little more. I think the green does fit the movie more though.

#4 3 years ago

I love both options. Green does seem to flow in the machine better, but I'm a sucker for the Ruby red. The RR 75th anniversary is the best looking pin I've ever seen IMO. Can't go wrong with either.

#5 3 years ago

I have a standard but if i got/get the armor powder coated id go with ruby red

#6 3 years ago

What do you guys think of this. Automated has a bunch of green ones made just for them. They are not ECLE. They are a newer run that has all the green but are not limited edition, they just call them "Emerald City Edition". Since they are newer, the light board issues would not be a problem. They don't come with Toto or the tornado toys, but I was told that they do come with the castle walls installed. This version is *slightly* cheaper than the RR WOZ, but of course a little more expensive than the standard. Family likes the green, but I'm wondering if I should just get the red because it is considered "Limited Edition". At these prices, I feel justified over thinking this a bit haha.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What do you guys think of this. Automated has a bunch of green ones made just for them. They are not ECLE. They are a newer run that has all the green but are not limited edition, they just call them "Emerald City Edition". Since they are newer, the light board issues would not be a problem. They don't come with Toto or the tornado toys, but I was told that they do come with the castle walls installed. This version is *slightly* cheaper than the RR WOZ, but of course a little more expensive than the standard. Family likes the green, but I'm wondering if I should just get the red because it is considered "Limited Edition". At these prices, I feel justified over thinking this a bit haha.

go RR then....i wouldnt go green unless it was legit LE

#8 3 years ago

Some Ruby Red owners say the other WOZ owners are just green with envy.

#9 3 years ago

I was a green person but after months of only ever seeing RRs on location it grew on me.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

go RR then....i wouldnt go green unless it was legit LE

Agreed. Those editions look like they were done in Ass Green, not the ECLE color. And they have decals - better to get a HUO ECLE if you're already going to be in for that kind of money. Install the castle walls yourself.

#11 3 years ago

I prefer the RR model - both are awesome though

#12 3 years ago

If you want what is arguably the most limited, pick up the Automated Emerald City Edition.

Personally, I like the RR the best.

#13 3 years ago

RR for sure. I think automateds green is fine though. If you really want green, then its basically a standard with green trim. Nothing wrong with it. Personally, the RR will hold its value better long term, be the special edition collectors will want, and IMO is the better looking machine. The ecle green is absolutely beautiful, but you have to be sure you get a used one with a later build date to avoid multiple problems early builds had. I originally wanted the ecle, but after seeing the RR in person, it blew me away. Just stunning.

#14 3 years ago

Green for me. Both are great.

#15 3 years ago

Emerald Green.
They are both beautiful but the Emerald Green is sensational!

#16 3 years ago

No question: ECLE with real wood apron, screened cabinet art. That beautiful wood apron alone is all the reason you need.

#17 3 years ago

Mine was green. When I first saw pictures of the RR, I didn't like it. But when I saw it in real life, I did like it. So if I buy another, I'd probably go red.

#18 3 years ago

I own a RR. I wanted an emerald but just couldn't find one. The red has really grown on me a lot and now I don't know that I'd seek out an emerald if I had to do it again. The only thing I truly want from the ECLE is that wooden apron.

#19 3 years ago

i have a ruby red. i also have respect for both. get the one you prefer. they are both awesome pins.
also agree that i like the wood apron on the green.

#20 3 years ago

Personally I have bought the RR NIB. It was my first NIB ever, but that was because the ECLE was not available anymore. It was very nice, but the green one is THE one. As ladyslingshot mentioned the wooden apron is the differentiating factor. It makes the ECLE unique amongst all pinball machines. Also the cabinet art is much deeper in color and more shiny than the RR. I had them next to eachother for a few weeks so the difference was clearly visible.

I sold the RR and now own the ECLE with the castle walls, tornado and toto from the RR and for me it is the version to have.

By the way: I also had a standard version (also a few months next to the green one) and I noticed that the monitor of the standard was better. Deeper blacks and sharper image. I tried a lot with the controls but could not get it as good as the monitor in the standard. It were completely different monitors also. The one in the ECLE had its own case and power plug and PSU , the one in the standard was decased and got its power from the PSU in the cabinet. They could not be exchanged with eachother.

#21 3 years ago

Hard to beat stainless steel. Save $1000 or more and get a standard edition.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

I own a RR. I wanted an emerald but just couldn't find one. The red has really grown on me a lot and now I don't know that I'd seek out an emerald if I had to do it again. The only thing I truly want from the ECLE is that wooden apron.

I ordered a RR about a month ago and like you I would love to have a wooden apron. Wish it was offered as an option.

#23 3 years ago

I have no pony in the race but having played and seeing both versions in person, I prefer the RR way more than the green. Everything about it looks better.

#24 3 years ago

I have a NIB ECLE coming up for sale. PM me if interested.

#25 3 years ago

Like the RR, but ECLE is gorgeous ...very happy w mine......Emerald green for the win....add the underglow in green and really sets it apart....

#26 3 years ago

I own a ECLE with all the added toys of a RR version. I personally prefer the green myself. That said, I do like the RR topper better.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I own a ECLE with all the added toys of a RR version. I personally prefer the green myself. That said, I do like the RR topper better.

Agreed....might have to grab one of those someday.....would it look good on the ECLE?

#28 3 years ago

RRWOZ all the way. I'm looking to trade my TZ and a arcade or two to get one. Live it.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed....might have to grab one of those someday.....would it look good on the ECLE?

I don't see why not? I've been told its not as nice in person but I've never seen one. If I could change any part on my ECLE it would be the topper.

#30 3 years ago

B-07W14WoAAuObL_(resized).jpg

#31 3 years ago

We have a later build NIB Green LE in stock on consignment from a customer who now wants to a Hobbit. Anyone interested shoot me an email Sales@PinballSTAR.com. Of course we have standards in stock too.

Personally I like the green LE it just goes with the game better and theme to me... But the Red 75th is stunning and we sold a slew of them, it's just personal preference what color you think goes best with the game. I always say the green goes better with the cabinet, the red goes better with the playfield, true...

Joe

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Personally I have bought the RR NIB. It was my first NIB ever, but that was because the ECLE was not available anymore. It was very nice, but the green one is THE one. As ladyslingshot mentioned the wooden apron is the differentiating factor. It makes the ECLE unique amongst all pinball machines. Also the cabinet art is much deeper in color and more shiny than the RR. I had them next to eachother for a few weeks so the difference was clearly visible.
I sold the RR and now own the ECLE with the castle walls, tornado and toto from the RR and for me it is the version to have.
By the way: I also had a standard version (also a few months next to the green one) and I noticed that the monitor of the standard was better. Deeper blacks and sharper image. I tried a lot with the controls but could not get it as good as the monitor in the standard. It were completely different monitors also. The one in the ECLE had its own case and power plug and PSU , the one in the standard was decased and got its power from the PSU in the cabinet. They could not be exchanged with eachother.

Didn't the early build woz pins use a different, slightly smaller screen that was vga? Anyone know what screen is on the RR?

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We have a later build NIB Green LE in stock on consignment from a customer who now wants to a Hobbit. Anyone interested shoot me an email Sales@PinballSTAR.com. Of course we have standards in stock too.
Personally I like the green LE it just goes with the game better and theme to me... But the Red 75th is stunning and we sold a slew of them, it's just personal preference what color you think goes best with the game. I always say the green goes better with the cabinet, the red goes better with the playfield, true...
Joe

What is the difference between the standards and the LE's? Just colour trim and ramps?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Same here...I replaced my ECLE topper w/ the RR version. Looks a LOT better.

#35 3 years ago

but I'm wondering if I should just get the red because it is considered "Limited Edition".

RR is not "Limited Edition", just a special 75th WOZ anniversary edition. The emerald city version is the limited edition (x of x number of games) and is green.

Green all the way - goes with the overall theme better. No doubt about it. But if I owned a RR instead, I would probably have voted for that.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any chance for a pic, would love to see how she looks?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Any chance for a pic, would love to see how she looks?

Pics of the three WOZ toppers from IPDB.

topper_rr_(resized).jpg

topper_le_(resized).jpg

topper_standard_(resized).jpg

#38 3 years ago

I'm an ECLE owner and I love the green,it seems to go with the game better.

#39 3 years ago

i went non-le, the chrome/stainless just makes the game pop compared to the other two. And like all JJP, the non-LE is the more limited........LOL

#40 3 years ago

Has anyone here purchased automated's green emerald city pin? Just curious how the green color differs from the ECLE? Lighter, darker or the exact same? Does it for sure have the molded castle walls? I was told it does but would be nice to be 100% sure from an actual buyer.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe

Did all LE's have the wood apron? Or was that just the early builds?

#42 3 years ago

I'm also on the stainless steel side. I like the green more than the red, but the stainless steel takes it for me.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Did all LE's have the wood apron? Or was that just the early builds?

Yes all did originally. A few people made mods afterwards to change that, but not many.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Kind of on the fence.....it is definitely the best looking one, but having "75th Anniversery" in it kinda makes me wonder....how does it look lit ( guessing it does)?

#45 3 years ago

Has anyone here purchased automated's green emerald city pin? Just curious how the green color differs from the ECLE? Lighter, darker or the exact same? Does it for sure have the molded castle walls? I was told it does but would be nice to be 100% sure from an actual buyer.

I have the Automated Green version. I can take pictures later of whatever you want. I don't know anything from memory as I've been busy & haven't seen any of the games in my basement in a month. As far as the green, I'm not sure how I'll tell how it relates to the ECLEs since I won't have them side by side. It seems the same, but I didn't really think to see if it was exactly the same or not.

As far as Red or Green...I think me buying the Automated Green version tells you what I thought. When I was looking, there were no deals on later build ECLEs and I was patient. After a while, my choices were ECLE or Automated Green for close enough to the same price. Or I could have gone Ruby Red for a bit more. I really think the Green looks better and I'm very happy with my decision.

Many say my Green one will be hard to sell or it sucks or whatever...but it was right for me...and I'm happy.

#46 3 years ago

I think the green with the added molded castle walls and tornado of the RR looks best

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

I have the Automated Green version. I can take pictures later of whatever you want. I don't know anything from memory as I've been busy & haven't seen any of the games in my basement in a month. As far as the green, I'm not sure how I'll tell how it relates to the ECLEs since I won't have them side by side. It seems the same, but I didn't really think to see if it was exactly the same or not.
As far as Red or Green...I think me buying the Automated Green version tells you what I thought. When I was looking, there were no deals on later build ECLEs and I was patient. After a while, my choices were ECLE or Automated Green for close enough to the same price. Or I could have gone Ruby Red for a bit more. I really think the Green looks better and I'm very happy with my decision.
Many say my Green one will be hard to sell or it sucks or whatever...but it was right for me...and I'm happy.

I think the people telling you that your version will be hard to sell are jealous or just busting chops.

You own the rarest version with the upgraded light boards.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from bkfiv:

Did your woz come with factory installed mylar?

#49 3 years ago

Yes, it did.

#50 3 years ago

Make sure you like the game before you buy it. I mean REALLY like the game. I tried to like it but in the end I couldn't stand it and the game I received was a POS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nanuet, NY
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside