41%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

topper_standard_(resized).jpg
topper_le_(resized).jpg
topper_rr_(resized).jpg
B-07W14WoAAuObL_(resized).jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

So I noticed Mezel MODs (mod father) and Back ally creations both sell the formed castle walls and tornado RR upgrades for WOZ. Does anyone know which set is better/higher quality?? I definitely want to pick up a set

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

So I noticed Mezel MODs (mod father) and Back ally creations both sell the formed castle walls and tornado RR upgrades for WOZ. Does anyone know which set is better/higher quality?? I definitely want to pick up a set

Back Alley. Matt uses molded resin to make his walls.

#53 7 years ago

69 green to 49 red so far. Thanks everyone for all the input. I've decided though I will try to buy a ruby red. I'm now firmly in the red camp. Wife still likes the green more but I told her that with the red we'll get the toto toy, torndado toy and also the molded castle walls. I like the red topper better now too.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

69 green to 49 red so far. Thanks everyone for all the input. I've decided though I will try to buy a ruby red. I'm now firmly in the red camp. Wife still likes the green more but I told her that with the red we'll get the toto toy, torndado toy and also the molded castle walls. I like the red topper better now too.

You can buy all that stuff a la carte anyway. And I think the light-up Mezel tornado is way cooler.

#55 7 years ago

Good luck. You will not be dissapointed. Just one last remark, you can easily buy the three toys but you cannot buy the wooden apron

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Make sure you like the game before you buy it. I mean REALLY like the game. I tried to like it but in the end I couldn't stand it and the game I received was a POS.

That's very helpful in a 'red or green' thread.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I bought the Modfather walls, the Mezal tornado, drop target, throne room pots and Emerald city 3D. I have alot of respect for Matt and his company, they make some really cool stuff, but the $$ isnt worth it with the walls I think. I love the way mine look for 1/3 price.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

That's very helpful in a 'red or green' thread.

Ok then, green. I don't like the red. I only said what I did as a curtisy. I would not want you to buy a game that you think you liked after a few plays then decide you didn't down the road. I wanted badly to like mine but after a while I would just turn it off mid game and walk away. But you are a big boy, you don't need me to tell you that.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I bought the Modfather walls, the Mezal tornado, drop target, throne room pots and Emerald city 3D. I have alot of respect for Matt and his company, they make some really cool stuff, but the $$ isnt worth it with the walls I think. I love the way mine look for 1/3 price.

I did the same thing. Doing the mod additions to the ECLE (green) makes it look better overall than the RR in my opinion.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You can buy all that stuff a la carte anyway. And I think the light-up Mezel tornado is way cooler.

+1 on this!!!.....except I have both tornadoes on mine ....they are both cool in their own way, and neither block the insane sign.......danger if you don't pick the one your Wife wants....just sayin'.....

#61 7 years ago

Just out of curiosity....have you seen a RR and ECLE in person? I have...they are both gorgeous, and the green definitely doesn't take a back seat to the red, looks wise ( wood apron doesn't hurt either). At the end of the day, buy the one you and your Wife like and , and enjoy it...kind of a win/ win scenario.....

#62 7 years ago

Yes, seen an ecle in person and a standard. I'm not going to focus on an ecle because I can't find one for sale near me, been looking for 6 months. I've never seen an RR, just pics but I think it looks stunning.

#63 7 years ago

Yes, seen an ecle in person and a standard. I'm not going to focus on an ecle because I can't find one for sale near me, been looking for 6 months. I've never seen an RR, just pics but I think it looks stunning.

Ahh....hate you haven't been able to see an RR in person....as said many times previously, pictures never do these games ( any of them) any justice. These are definitely not just plain powdercoats.....someone needs to help this Op see these with his own eyes ( I only own an ECLE w/ direct print cab, but have seen/ played an RR several times). Perhaps you would be open to a pm from a Pinsider (being you don't post your address, which is cool), to find out if there is a couple somewhere near you.

I only suggest this as it is a lot of money, and would hate for you to stumble across the " other" color someday and go " oh crap".......good luck....

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ok then, green. I don't like the red. I only said what I did as a curtisy. I would not want you to buy a game that you think you liked after a few plays then decide you didn't down the road. I wanted badly to like mine but after a while I would just turn it off mid game and walk away. But you are a big boy, you don't need me to tell you that.

Thank you for your input on the game . But I've played it enough to know I'll love it. I find I really like deep games. WOZ has some super deep rules .

#65 7 years ago

My wife and I debated this very thing earlier this year. We went to order a RR and when calling found that there were a couple of the last built ECLE's NIB available. It tooks us a couple days going back and fourth to decide as both colors look great. Fortunately either way you get the same fantastic game.

For us the ECLE won for the following:
- direct print clearcoated cab
- wooden apron
- true LE, and at very end of run so no light board or other early glitch worries.
- prefered movie phrases vs 75 anniversary text on backglass
- additional toys were all available aftermarket already

But that 75th topper is nice! We asked if we could have the 75th topper with our ECLE and it was a done deal.

I do wish we could have seen a RR in person as I'm sure that red is spectacular judging by how fantastic the green looks in person vs in pictures. But ultimately other factors besides color swayed us.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My wife and I debated this very thing earlier this year. We went to order a RR and when calling found that there were a couple of the last built ECLE's NIB available. It tooks us a couple days going back and fourth to decide as both colors look great. Fortunately either way you get the same fantastic game.
- wooden apron
- true LE, and at very end of run so no light board or other early glitch worries.
But that 75th topper is nice! We asked if we could have the 75th topper with our ECLE and it was a done deal.
I do wish we could have seen a RR in person as I'm sure that red is spectacular judging by how fantastic the green looks in person vs in pictures. But ultimately other factors besides color swayed us.

If I could get a NIB ECLE for the same price as the RR I'm going to get I'd probably do it. For the reasons you stated above, especially the wooden apron, I would rather have a late run ECLE. Unfortunately, a NIB ECLE would be a little hard to come by now. I'm sure there are a few floating around out there, but most are probably going to try to cash in a little on it. The price I am going to pay for my Ruby Red is about as far as I'm willing to go, I don't want to pay a bunch more for a NIB ECLE.

#67 7 years ago

Yeah if its a big price difference I would go for the RR. When I was looking they were priced about the same.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah if its a big price difference I would go for the RR. When I was looking they were priced about the same.

I guess I am just assuming there would be a big price difference at this point, since a NIB ECLE late run would be a little rare now.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

- wooden apron

truth!!!....

#70 7 years ago

You really can't go wrong. Both colors are stunning. Just nice to have a choice these days.

#71 7 years ago

There is a NIB ECLE floating out there if you're willing to make the drive

#72 7 years ago

Green! When i think of the movie i think green is most appropriate.

If anyone is looking for a ECLE, i got you covered! (shameless promotion)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36167

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

Green! When i think of the movie i think green is most appropriate.
If anyone is looking for a ECLE, i got you covered! (shameless promotion)
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36167

If there was one within 300 miles of me I would have been all over it. I would have preferred a huo woz. But after months and months of waiting and not finding one I have to go nib.

#74 7 years ago

If there was one within 300 miles of me

No idea where you are located ... looks like one is near Cleveland. Lots of mods listed.

#75 7 years ago

I've been considering getting one. I love the red but think the green probably goes better with the theme. Either one look great though ?

#76 7 years ago

I bought a nib rr woz. Quest now over. Didn't come with factory mylar though, so I have to get some of that put on and cliffys. Booted right up and worked perfect out of the box. Updated to newest code.

#77 7 years ago

Awesome, Congrats!

Got a couple decent games in on mine tonight. Also learned a lesson about tweaking coils too much lol. Maybe two weeks ago i adjusted the slingshots down after they sent a ball flying all the way into the shooter lane and then forgot that I had set that. Well the game has been kicking my ass without mercy and finally tonight as my wife was complaining about how the game started hating her a couple weeks ago and the slingshots would just send the ball down the sides almost without fail... Then it clicked... I had adjusted the slingshot strength.. Duh! Put it back to factory and presto, I'm back to averaging 300k

Wierd how seemingly minor tweaks can make the game so much more difficult.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Wierd how seemingly minor tweaks can make the game so much more difficult.

You will have to tweak adjustments from time-to-time as things break-in and/or wear. I'm just really glad that JJP gave us the ability to do those adjustments and to be able to do them minimally. A little tweak here and there to get that gut feeling that it is set juuuuust right.

#79 7 years ago

Contact jjp about mylar. My hobbit was missing some and they are sending the custom cut piece no questions asked. Love jjp support. Congrats on RR. An amazing game and mine will never leave.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You will have to tweak adjustments from time-to-time as things break-in and/or wear. I'm just really glad that JJP gave us the ability to do those adjustments and to be able to do them minimally. A little tweak here and there to get that gut feeling that it is set juuuuust right.

Oh yeah, absolutely! The diagnostics and coniguration options available are spectacular and I have left my bumpers turned down a bit and my ball trough tweaked as well.... Just noting that sometimes you can go wrong with an adjustment and impact play.

One thing I would like to see is an adjustment for the randomness of the TNPLH heel click.

#81 7 years ago

I bought a nib rr woz. Quest now over. Didn't come with factory mylar though, so I have to get some of that put on and cliffys. Booted right up and worked perfect out of the box. Updated to newest code.

Congrats!!! ( could tell you were leaning that way)....enjoy...great machine!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-green-or-red/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.