Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Cenobyte
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

The problem with the GI LED's on the playfield of my WoZ started yesterday right after I switched the machine on and noticed only part of the playfield showed the beautiful attract effects. Only the top middle part and the left upper playfield had lights, the rest was completely dark

We first tried taking out GI node 29 out of the loop, since that was the last node still working, but that did not work. Same result for first node NOT working. After that we checked the voltage on the non-working nodes and noticed these nodes did not receive power. So then we checked the fuses. I noticed that F2 and F7 did not have a burning led behind it (not sure if F7 has such a led?).

I think F7 must have power (so it does not have a control led?), because the schematics showed that there is a lot of stuff behind it and my WoZ is otherwise fully working besides the GI problem.

F2 is a part of the GI LED strings, so there must be the cause of the problem.

We checked the fuses and they both were INTACT, so the lack of power here comes from somewhere else? At this point my ideas ran out since it was 01:00 already

Anybody had this problem too? How did you guys solve it?

#2 8 years ago

I would try calling Frank at JJP. He is super helpful and could walk you through the fix for this. I haven't run into it so I'm not sure, but I'm sure Frank does!

Frank Becker – [email protected] – Phone: (732) 364-9900 Ext 222

#3 8 years ago

Some of the test lights dont light till you close the coin door.
But this info is non related to your problem only helpful in your diagnosis of test leds.

#4 8 years ago

Yeah. had the same problem on mine. The "Fish" PCB (W1,J101)went out and JJP sent me a replacement. It is an easy replacement. Since it is wired in series everything after that board would not light up.

#5 8 years ago

I discovered the big capacitor on wozled5 has one lead broken off inside the cap. I removed the board, closed the string using the manual and shut down Wozled5 in the settings menu. Unfortunately the problems remain the most of the LED's still stay dark.

I'm not sure if I can replace the capacitor since all soldering points are so small?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 91.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gi-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.