11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 11 years ago

It will never be an F14 but its faster than TZ I believe and definitely faster than STTNG both fan favorites. Widebodies are more shots less speed generally.

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The gameplay looks like a good mix between old style pinball machines that had randomness and new feed-it back to the flipper games. Another game that is new that also reminds me of this is ACDC
I am not saying that ACDC and WOZ are similar, I am just saying that both appear to mix the styles of old and new designs better than a lot of the games that have been built in the last 10 years.
Both will require more flipper skill to be good, than a game that simply ramps every shot back to the inlanes.
One note about the video regarding the shots to the right upper playfield, it appears that either something is blocking the ball on particular shots on purpose or there is an adjustment needed. Some of the balls that did not make it had plenty of power but were knocked back physically. Also, some of the shots that appeared to be good to that ramp, were actually clipping the target to the left of the ramp. That reminded me very much of LOTR and the center ramp shot where if you clip the post it usually does not make it up the ramp..

The left upper playfield has a deliberate blocker that comes out of the playfield. I think some mode enables the left upper playfield similar to the power in TZ? Right playfield there is a diverter from the ramp to the spinning house or return rails.

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, the left upper playfield has the drop target blocking the path. It looks like you have to hit it three times to get it to drop from what I have seen in the video. It symbolizes the three guards that tried to capture the tin man, scarecrow and lion in the movie. On the LCD the winkie guards drop one by one as you hit the target as if you are taking out the guards. In the movie they took out the guards and wore their uniforms to sneak into the castle.
As for the shots that did not make it up the ramp on the right ramp, I wonder if there is a gate that needs an adjustment because a few shots looked plenty powerful and still got rejected. I had a similar problem on my sword ramp in LOTR when it was new right out of the box.
EDIT: I just saw it in the video at the 3:37 mark, the gate is not adjusted right. It clearly is blocking or slowing the balls.

Probably the case. A little adjustment goes a long way. I had a misaligned gate on my TZ left ramp and it would slow the ball dramatically.

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK...once again let's stay objective. It's NOT...faster than TZ. If anyone thinks it is then they haven't played TZ.
The game looks great...the fanboy comments only take away from the game. If someone is a true fan then just make objective comments rather than go overboard.
So many don't know that the word "you" can be used to reference all. Most think it's a personal attack. So in the future, I will reference "You" (third person reference intended) to respond to posts.

I own tz and just got rid of a sttng. It is actually a bit faster playing with the exception of the spiral loop when the magnet doesn't engage. That can be pretty fast when hit correctly. The one thing i will say is the pops are more lively i think in TZ as of today but it probably needs to be dialed in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchroma.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gameplay-video?tu=pinchroma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.