11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 11 years ago

An aside question... why do people like the "reversed flipper" mode idea? I've never played a game with that feature so I have no experience with it, is it really that fun? Seems to me like it would just be an exercise in frustration and would want nothing more than that mode to end. Am I wrong?

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

It's a blast and a real challenge! If you've never played Springfield Mystery Spot on TSPP... you're missing out on a heart-pumping good time!

Good enough. Now I really want to to try it.

#112 11 years ago

There are plenty of voice calls in the video that are >exact< quotes from the movie, but they are done with a voice actor and therefore don't sound as good. Such as "Here Scarecrow, wanna play ball!?" and "I am the great and powerful Oz!" and "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" and "Just follow the yellow brick road."

These would be so much better if they were the actual sound clips from the iconic movie. Any Oz fan is going to know these are not original.

Since none of the voices sound original, I am guessing that they did not get the license for any of them and unfortunately had to use voice actors for everything.

#116 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's possible that they did get licensing for the original audio, but once it was played back side by side with the voice actor's work, the differences between intonation were too great.
The lesser of two evils, one might guess.

If so, this would be a bummer.

A recent example of great pinball sound is Tron. A whole bunch of actual voice clips from the movie along side perfectly executed custom voice clips in the form of the Game Grid Announcer Girl and the Sentry Guard. Plus original music from the movie along side custom songs in the same style. The perfect blend!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gameplay-video?tu=chadh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.