(Topic ID: 186448)

WOZ Gameplay - Owners chime in plz

By Deadpin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deadpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So today I had the opportunity to play a WOZ EC over at Marvelous Marvin's here in the Detroit area.
To start off with, yes I know it's a 'route' pin that has been beaten on by the public and spits out tickets (WTF? I'm here to play pinball, not redeem tickets for plastic necklaces - needless to say I made some little kids happy).
Anyway, I love how it looks, the light show, the display and the toys.... that said I was perplexed by gameplay, and hence this post.

I noticed the flippers seemed to struggle to get the ball to the upper ramps. left one may have been a little weaker and would hit that plastic leading to the witches castle and not even try to make it in, other one seemed to bounce off the plastic rather than go in unless it was a pretty solid hit. Normal for a new player? Note that I am not a pinball wizard by any stretch, just seemed harder than normal.

The game also was giving me a time limit and commanding me to hit the witch's castle - all the while feeding me an endless supply of balls as I would lose them, until the timer would run out. Struggled to get them up into that area, and wasn't even certain that was what was time limiting the game. Is this standard game play? Seems pretty confusing. Or is this some weird operator mode you can select?

Needless to say my interest in WOZ dwindled a bit based on this experience.

Thoughts?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Give it a little bit more time, maybe try a different one that is in better condition and or set up better.

But out of the gate.. is that standard gameplay? Time limit with endless balls... "Hit the castle" repeated over and over?
And those upper ramps to the upper playfields - are they that difficult to hit? especially the left one to the witch's castle with the clear plastic 'roof'?

#6 7 years ago

Aha!
Okay... Seems like they are doing a major disservice to the game by having it configured that way.
Interestingly enough it is also the only pin spitting out tickets (perhaps they think only kids will play it?).
Seemed entirely unclear and difficult to do what needed to be done - which is all the more baffling if you are aiming towards kids with the ticket feature.....

#12 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback - I suspected as much. Now to find another one somewhere nearby that is more representative and get a better assessment....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deadpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gameplay-owners-chime-in-plz?tu=Deadpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.