Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0341.jpg
#1 10 years ago

So many threads on WOZ and some have noticed not that much on play. I think that would because a limited amount of people have actually played one very much in a home.
Here is a limited breakdown of what I like about the game so far.
1 - Flow
Yes the machine has flow. The ramp is a hoot to hit (way faster than TZ though they look the same). The right orbit to the pops feels like a very wide shot. Once it hits the trees I feel a sense of "It made it"! lolol. You can keep the ball moving pretty well. The game is not as stop and go as I thought it would be though it's not Tron either.

2 - Shots
So many places for the ball to go. If you just keep smacking the ball around your gonna get a lot of bounce of the rainbow targets. Their is plenty to do to keep you busy. Not has many shots from the upper right flipper as I would have thought but it still keeps the ball up longer. I also like how there is a sling type mech under the house facing the roll-over lanes. With great sound effects it's another added fun area I was not aware of before owning.

3 - Toys
The witch is cool and she is hit so much she's around more than I thought she would be. The mini playfields are simply awesome imo. early I thought they would be lame but, not so much. Hitting the castle targets and door is a blast and that little playfield is pitched so that ball wants to come out fast. You many not have noticed but their is also a little orbit up there that is pretty damn fun to hit as well. Yes, a mini-orbit on the mini Pf. The house Mini Pf is very fun too. It gets visitors attention very fast. The spinning in a twister effect is very well done. The Monkey is also cooler than I thought because it actually grabs your ball and moves it pretty darn fast and quietly. Great effect. I won't even go into the visual coolness of the crystal ball and the solid roller coaster type feel you get when the ball gets shot up and around it. One of my favorite visuals and feelings in the game. The state fair balloon is nice added bonus along with TOTO roll overs for added play.

- Over all gameplay
It's just fun. Between the sounds, lights, and toys you never seem to get bored with it. It is a blast to play. When the rules are more complete I can only imagine. The over the rainbow mode is extremely well done. Maybe the coolest multi-ball opening sequence ever made since TAF. The use of the monitor is so much more than I had imagined. I eagerly await what else Keith has up his sleeves for this baby. I also believe the more of you that play it for more than one game are going to want to own one. I truly think that.

- The big question
If I could only keep one game to date. Out of all the pins that I have gone thru and most of you know I have had a problem with swapping games quickly. WOZ is the one I would keep. I believe JJP is off to an amazing start and some can complain about the time and delays.... I get that I waited too. But, the final product is extremely cool and I can't wait for Hobbit now.

I realize I am not as code conscious as many of you but the code is early so I am not going to study every move at this point. Maybe my buddy Gweem can chime in on some code questions. I will answer anything I can and look for the answer if I can't. Gweem is very smart and learns games in and out fast. Because he KEEPS them..... I am getting better though.

IMG_0341.jpgIMG_0341.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Video it up

#3 10 years ago

Gweems video is already up so it would be the same except he's a better player than me.

#4 10 years ago

thanks a lot for the review.

#5 10 years ago

"- The big question
If I could only keep one game to date. Out of all the pins that I have gone thru and most of you know I have had a problem with swapping games quickly. WOZ is the one I would keep. I believe JJP is off to an amazing start and some can complain about the time and delays.... I get that I waited too. But, the final product is extremely cool and I can't wait for Hobbit now."

Coaster thanks for the write up!
The quoted text above says a lot as you have owned so many A list games.

#6 10 years ago

The rules are fun so far, and from what I know, it is only 60% or so along code wise. I heard a little birds tell me that there is a code update coming Monday, wait that's tomorrow. To those that ordered and are patiently waiting, the reward will be worth it! Mark my words.
Pinaholic

#7 10 years ago

Blah blah blah! Shoot a video!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

Blah blah blah! Shoot a video!!

tool

#9 10 years ago

I'm sure most will sell quicker than it took to get the game. "Mark my words"

#10 10 years ago

Funny!!! That's my favorite band!!

#11 10 years ago

The Legend

#12 10 years ago

Coasterguy, that was a spot on review of the game to date. If anyone wants a true impression of what to expect...that was it. The mini game when you drain on the state fair bumper is very unique. The game goes dark, and only the rainbow is lit in white. Complete this mode by hitting all the letters in rainbow and go onto 3 more stages to finish. I have only completed 3 of the 4 so don't know what the end result is. It is interesting to see the game develope by adding new code updates. Each one has made the game deeper and more fun to play. Yep..this one is pretty special...and just different.

#13 10 years ago

I've been waiting a long time for my ECLEWOZ to arrive. Hope to get it this year.
I played one ones and wasn't impressed by it. Still, this review of a longer experience on the game gives me hope again. I like TZ and TSPP so maybe everything will turn out fine in the end.
Thanks for he review.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks JB! Now I'm REALLY wanting my WOZ now!

#15 10 years ago

Snowdale always there for the the kind remarks.

#16 10 years ago

Great review Coaster! I'm just chilling out waiting for mine sometime this summer.....

#17 10 years ago

Good to hear !! Want one.

#18 10 years ago

I have to respectfully disagree about the TZ ramp being slower. On my TZ the left ramp shot is lightning quick and significantly faster than the WOZ ramp shot that I played. However, I could imagine that a dirty TZ vs a newly polished WOZ might be the opposite.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks for the review! Hopefully mine will arrive in the next 60 days.

#22 10 years ago

Some videos on my Facebook with some features from v1.12. I can't upload them here.
Sorry, Allen

#24 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing your review coasterguy. I hope to be able to play one in a month or so. This gives us all hope.

#25 10 years ago

check out this video showing off v1.12

http://vimeo.com/68175250

#26 10 years ago

Great video, thanks!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Hitting the castle targets and door is a blast and that little playfield is pitched so that ball wants to come out fast. You many not have noticed but their is also a little orbit up there that is pretty damn fun to hit as well. Yes, a mini-orbit on the mini Pf.

Be careful with the castle "orbit". If you've spelled RESCUE and go around the orbit, RESCUE is erased and you have to start over. Spelling RESCUE is pretty damn tough, IMO.

I'm not all that impressed with the other playfield just yet. That will probably change as code is developed. The only thing I see to do is simply keep the ball going around the orbit. That gets pretty easy once you figure out the timing. Also, the witches feet do not drop properly on my machine and I think there has to be a "fix" in store for that.

Glad you're enjoying your new machine. It is a fun game. I'm excited for the new code that Jack hinted would be coming this week.

#28 10 years ago

Not sure what happened but my post didn't make it.

Be careful with the castle "orbit". If you've spelled RESCUE already, going around the orbit erases that and you have to start again.

I'm not yet impressed with the spinning house. That will probably change as code is developed. All you do now is hit the ball around the orbit and that get pretty easy once you figure the timing out. Also, the witches feet on my machine don't fall down properly. I have to think there's a fix coming out for that as I can't see mechancially how that wall dropping completely is possible.

Glad your enjoying your machine. I agree, it's a blast to play.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

Not sure what happened but my post didn't make it.
Be careful with the castle "orbit". If you've spelled RESCUE already, going around the orbit erases that and you have to start again.

Hmm..not sure about that one. Rescue erases if you havent had the monkey take your ball to the castle. I think they fixed that erasing if you do the orbit now...which is kind of unavoidable..

Quoted from Pindufus:

Also, the witches feet on my machine don't fall down properly. I have to think there's a fix coming out for that as I can't see mechancially how that wall dropping completely is possible.
blockquote>

I had that issue as well. There is a setting in the menu where you change the values..plus or minus depending on the orientation of your house. Anyway, it fixed mine when I changed it.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Hmm..not sure about that one. Rescue erases if you havent had the monkey take your ball to the castle. I think they fixed that erasing if you do the orbit now...which is kind of unavoidable..

I seem to recall something from Jack indicating the orbit was designed to erase RESCUE. I know for a fact it does it on mine and I'm running 1.12.

I tried the adjustments in the menu for the witch's feet. No luck. The plunger that pushes it just isn't long enough to extend the wall all the way so the witches feet lay flat. Hopefully, there's just something I'm not catching in order to adjust it properly.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

I seem to recall something from Jack indicating the orbit was designed to erase RESCUE. I know for a fact it does it on mine and I'm running 1.12.
I tried the adjustments in the menu for the witch's feet. No luck. The plunger that pushes it just isn't long enough to extend the wall all the way so the witches feet lay flat. Hopefully, there's just something I'm not catching in order to adjust it properly.

Try moving into negative numbers. The plunger is plenty long, it just has to be adjusted. Mine is -3 and it works perfectly. Each game is slightly different.

#32 10 years ago

thanks for the vid, cant wait to get my WOZ

#33 10 years ago

Tfle plus cash for WOZ!

#34 10 years ago

Upload it to YouTube, Facebook is terrible.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindufus:

I tried the adjustments in the menu for the witch's feet. No luck. The plunger that pushes it just isn't long enough to extend the wall all the way so the witches feet lay flat.

Maybe you've already tried, but the position of the house effects the travel of the witch's feet. It needs to stop right above (or for my game), slightly left of the plunger in order to get the feet to extend the whole way. If its off a bit, the feet barely pop out at all. I think mine is around -15, but as Alex said, different on every game. Good luck.

#36 10 years ago

Thank you for the write up!

Have you experienced any of the tech issues that other new owners have? (Random shutdowns, ect.) I ask because we have been told that those machines were protos and obviously yours is not.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Maybe you've already tried, but the position of the house effects the travel of the witch's feet. It needs to stop right above (or for my game), slightly left of the plunger in order to get the feet to extend the whole way. If its off a bit, the feet barely pop out at all. I think mine is around -15, but as Alex said, different on every game. Good luck.

I played around with it last night and got it working for awhile. After one game, however, it went back to opening just 25%. I'll keep at it but I think there may be something with my assembly that makes it go haywire.

#38 10 years ago

Hello? the next code is for when?

#39 10 years ago

Pindufus, you were right about rescue erasing if you go around the orbit.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Pincrush, you were right about rescue erasing if you go around the orbit.

That's by design I believe.

#41 10 years ago

Alex - do you think the code will change so the doors don't open until you've spelt RESCUE? As it works now, you can open the doors without completing RESCUE and shoot the ball inside. The game just spits it back out. Experienced players know they hadn't properly qualified the multiball, but casual players think they accomplished something (getting behind the doors) only to see no reward.

#42 10 years ago

Likely... I don't like that either.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Alex - do you think the code will change so the doors don't open until you've spelt RESCUE? As it works now, you can open the doors without completing RESCUE and shoot the ball inside. The game just spits it back out. Experienced players know they hadn't properly qualified the multiball, but casual players think they accomplished something (getting behind the doors) only to see no reward.

Yup, the current configuration can go. The only good thing about the set up now is you get a quick pause where you can finally look at the screen and see what letters you still need to complete RESCUE

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Coasterguy, that was a spot on review of the game to date. If anyone wants a true impression of what to expect...that was it. The mini game when you drain on the state fair bumper is very unique. The game goes dark, and only the rainbow is lit in white. Complete this mode by hitting all the letters in rainbow and go onto 3 more stages to finish. I have only completed 3 of the 4 so don't know what the end result is. It is interesting to see the game develope by adding new code updates. Each one has made the game deeper and more fun to play. Yep..this one is pretty special...and just different.

Ditto, I did get to complete the rainbow targets, the wizard target, the crystal ball target then I drained watching the dam videos, lol.

All in all awesome game, new code will allow gamers scores to be stored along with names.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-gameplay-at-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.