Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jams77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Anyone else had an issue with a fuse blowing? The fuse that operates the house motor, shaker motor, monkey motor relay, witch stepper motor F709 (12v). I've installed a new one, usually works for a few games then blows again ...

#2 10 years ago

Do you know what mech is actually making it blow . If I'm not mistaking all,of those are on the same line so your probably have something grounding out .

#3 10 years ago

Sure sounds like something is shorting. I've had that problem in a couple of other pins, though not WOZ. It can be a pain to trace, I know.

#4 10 years ago

Go into the test menu and find what device is shorting out.

#5 10 years ago

It's most likely your shaker motor. I had this problem and had to get to a third shaker before everything was fine. Replace the fuse. Disconnect the shaker. Play for a week shaker-free (a bummer, I know), and if the fuse doesn't blow again, submit a ticket for another shaker and a pack of fuses. I've talked about 5 people off the ledge with this one already and it's always the same problem. Of course, your problem may be different...

#6 10 years ago

that sucks man. great to hear beelzeboob has seen similar issues and a possible solution. If not the shaker, just unplug everything you mentioned and connect them back up 1 at a time with plenty of plays in between until you get to the one that blows the fuse.

#7 10 years ago

Yeah … it does suck dgoett - but it's not pinball if it ain't broken right? No worries, we'll find a fix.

And Thanks beelzeboob - I disconnected the shaker motor last night, all is still functional so I'll give it a few days then contact JJP and see if they can help me out

#8 10 years ago

Yes it is most likely the shaker motor. Same thing was happening to mine. Lloyd had Sal send me out a new motor and all is well. They must of had a bad batch of them. Simple 5 minute fix once you get the new motor.

#9 10 years ago

Is the capacitor attached down by the the motor or is it on the relay board? Cause I would want a new cap if I had to get a new motor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fuse-blowing-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.