facepalmgroup.gif
IMG_2060.JPG
image.jpg
WOZ.jpg
woz-underside.jpg
clickme.gif
map.jpg
WOZ_Delivery_1.jpg
There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Happy Friday for sure! My WoZ is here at last!

My First NIB as well! Quite an exciting day!

WOZ_Delivery_1.jpgWOZ_Delivery_1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Congrats! Enjoy the first NIB experience. Nothing quite like it.

Now prepare yourself for the inevitable onslaught of Pinsiders demanding you post a gameplay video before you even have it out of the box and setup.

#3 10 years ago

Sweet! Enjoy that NIB smell - it's addictive stuff!

#4 10 years ago

Congrats!
More pics please.
Maybe a gameplay vid.

#5 10 years ago

COOOL!!!

So are you planning on posting anything else in this thread? Unboxing pics/vid? Gameplay vid?

Is that typical damage on the box? I know it's well packaged inside but it looks like it's seen a bit of action on the journey.

#6 10 years ago

congrats,( would be interested in your honest opinion after a fair evaluation period. ) but certainly enjoy this experience .

#8 10 years ago

Awesome! Every WOZ that finds it's way over the rainbow is one closer to mine showing up.

#9 10 years ago

Is that typical damage on the box? I know it's well packaged inside but it looks like it's seen a bit of action on the journey.

According to Google, if it went the shortest route (which LTL shipping does not do), it's travelled around 2,900 miles by truck. UPS can trash a box just going across town!

map.jpgmap.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Congrats mine is supposed to be here in mid June.

Joe(acejedi)

#11 10 years ago

yes congratulations - good to see these games getting out

#12 10 years ago

I wanna come over! I was wondering who "Tilter" was until I looked at your game list.

#13 10 years ago

Another thread. No video. Must be some NDA.

#14 10 years ago

Congratulations! I played it for the first time last week.Wouldn't hesitate in owning it at all.If only I had the funds.Never had the chance of buying,opening or smelling a nib.Maybe one day.

#15 10 years ago

congradulations Tilter! Its a fun game!

#16 10 years ago

Congrats!!

#17 10 years ago

Welcome to the club brother!

#18 10 years ago

Fantastic!

#19 10 years ago

Congrats!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

Awesome Byron! Congrats!!! Can't wait to get a review...and more pics

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

Woo Hoo!!!! When did your machine ship from JJP? Mine ships this coming Monday and I'm trying to gauge how long it will take to get here.

#22 10 years ago

I've heard that the new version of the software is about to get released

#23 10 years ago

Congrats on your new WOZ!!!!

#24 10 years ago

!....There's no place like WOZ in Your Home! Enjoy!!

clickme.gifclickme.gif

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Tilter:

You went big for your first NIB =)

#26 10 years ago

Hopefully you won't have to many problems. Last night at PAGG the glass was off more than on. I waiting twice only to have machine break on me on the first ball.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Reefkpr:

I waiting twice only to have machine break on me on the first ball.

Sad for you.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Reefkpr:

Hopefully you won't have to many problems. Last night at PAGG the glass was off more than on. I waiting twice only to have machine break on me on the first ball.

No details, just broke? Was the ball hanging? Were they stopping to show it off inside? Just hard to understand since it has been running so well at recent shows.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Reefkpr:

Pagg unfortunately has a very old beta game. Old boards both I/o and motherboard.

Apples and oranges.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

No details, just broke? Was the ball hanging? Were they stopping to show it off inside? Just hard to understand since it has been running so well at recent shows.

Nah abso. Ancient beta game. Had to swap hard drives to update game. Old old old motherboard with a nasty intel reset bug.

Not indicative of prod games at all.

#31 10 years ago

Congrads!!!!

#32 10 years ago

"I've heard that the new version of the software is about to get released"
when ?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nah abso. Ancient beta game. Had to swap hard drives to update game. Old old old motherboard with a nasty intel reset bug.

Hopefully. We haven't had many reports of production games' reliability. It'll be a while before we get that information.

Not that I think you're biased... I'm sure when there were only test games you were the first to admit how flaky they were...

#34 10 years ago

Congratulations Tilter! I'm so jealous; mine won't arrive until the fall.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Why would they allow this at such an important event? So many potential customers. First impressions and all. Seems like a poor marketing/promotion decision.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Why would they allow this at such an important event? So many potential customers. First impressions and all. Seems like a poor marketing/promotion decision.

Because its a distributors game. Not one we shipped out.

#37 10 years ago

Have to agree with Dewsho, marketing and presentation on this example, ouch.

"Hey, here is my new product, with old stuff, want to buy one?" "Oops, sorry, I have to take the glass off."

Wouldnt it be better to say "Hey, here is my new product, and this has the latest code/boards/etc.....Want to buy one?" "Go ahead, play another game."

Get the distributor fixed up, so he can sell more games! Isn't this the goal?

Jeepers.

#38 10 years ago

Prototype boards were just that, prototypes. Hence the delay in getting new boards made to fix the problem.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Hopefully. We haven't had many reports of production games' reliability. It'll be a while before we get that information.
Not that I think you're biased... I'm sure when there were only test games you were the first to admit how flaky they were...

...I get the feeling someone is either making a funny, or hasn't been paying attention.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Because its a distributors game. Not one we shipped out.

Oh. Well I have to say I'm rooting for JJP (and EVERY other startup pinball company). And while I know they (you?) can't roll out 36 brand new WOZ like they did in Toronto with Metalica. 1 latest and greatest at each important pinball show shouldn't be to hard to pull off. Or is it?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ancient beta game. . .

Makes perfect sense that a beta game would be nothing like the production game at all. Most companies debuting a new product like to get preproduction models out to be seen by the public only to explain that they are not indicative of what the real product will be. I'm pretty sure last time I went to buy a car, the salesman clearly explained to me that the actual vehicle I would be wouldn't be anything like the floor model...

#42 10 years ago

All I can say is that if Stern did this the pitchforks and torches would be out. However, when {no names} does this everyone seems happy and pleased.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

Makes perfect sense that a beta game would be nothing like the production game at all. Most companies debuting a new product like to get preproduction models out to be seen by the public only to explain that they are not indicative of what the real product will be. I'm pretty sure last time I went to buy a car, the salesman clearly explained to me that the actual vehicle I would be wouldn't be anything like the floor model...

Ever go to an auto show? Like NY or LA?

#45 10 years ago

Can't we just be happy for Tilter that he got his WOZ?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

All I can say is that if Stern did this the pitchforks and torches would be out. However, when {no names} does this everyone seems happy and pleased.

I remember going to Expo when WOF was released, the Stern booth was a non playable WOF whitewood and not a soul from Stern was at the booth. I don't recall anyone giving a shit.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Actually, remember how there were some problems with beta Transformers, X-Men, Avengers and so forth? Oh, wait... those were final production machines. Everyone's just used to it by now.

#48 10 years ago

I'm happy, happy, happy, for Tilter, and all Woz buyers.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I remember going to Expo when WOF was released, the Stern booth was a non playable WOF whitewood and not a soul from Stern was at the booth. I don't recall anyone giving a shit.

I went to AVS in Elk Grove during Expo and played WoF and decided to buy one.

#50 10 years ago

Thanks all! Sorry, it's been a crazy busy weekend and unfortunately not WoZ busy. It's still in the box, I'm hoping to open it with the family here tomorrow night, fingers crossed!

But yes, will be more than happy to share more pics once I have them! And reviews and exciting stories, etc.! Looks like they are all starting to roll in now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-friday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.