Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF3251.jpg
DSCF3244.jpg
DSCF3245.jpg
DSCF3247.jpg
DSCF3248.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I continue to hold down the pinball scene here on the rock. Finally got here today, 3 weeks shipped JJP to Kauai. Now to learn the rules of this confusing game. Love the light show and lcd. This game seems to be built very well. Heres some pics of woz taking a tour on the way home. Definitely the only woz on this island (im the only guy with pins here) If anyone comes to Kauai remember to look me up.

DSCF3248.jpgDSCF3248.jpg

DSCF3247.jpgDSCF3247.jpg

DSCF3245.jpgDSCF3245.jpg

DSCF3244.jpgDSCF3244.jpg

DSCF3251.jpgDSCF3251.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Congrats! Love the "Where's WOZ" pics! Just ordered my RRWOZ and anxiously awaiting delivery ...

#3 8 years ago

Love the last picture. WOZ at the beach!

#4 8 years ago

That's very cool
Thanks for the pictures!

#5 8 years ago

Very sweet indeed. Have a home on Maui may have to take a trip over to Kaua'i next time i'm there.

#6 8 years ago

Pinball and Kauai ... These are a few of my favorite things! Congrats!

#7 8 years ago

That's pretty cool. Have fun with the new game.

#8 8 years ago

Cool! That Wozniak sure knows how to relax!

#9 8 years ago

I like the third photo. WOZ... and the hotel where my wife and I stayed on our honeymoon 32 years ago. It was called the "Kauai Surf" back then, but now it's a Marriott property.

#10 8 years ago

I know where you were in ALL those pics...making me homesick and I don't even live there.

#11 8 years ago

Man I miss being on Kauai

#12 8 years ago

LOL those are some great photos, particularly the last one. Should have added a martini glass for the WOZ.

#13 8 years ago

Heading to Kauai in November. Any recommendations?

#14 8 years ago

Yeah. Go to Scotty's place. He's got pins.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

where u staying? i can help.

#16 8 years ago

Do the hike

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napali_Coast

#17 8 years ago

We are not 100% sure yet. I know we are back and forth on Kauai and Maui. We are definitely traveling to the big island and planning on seeing both sides and then from there want to bounce around a little bit. Would love some suggestions and don't mean to thread hijack. Congrats on the WOZ!

#18 8 years ago

I wouldn't recommend that unless I knew somebody is in great shape and an experienced hiker. People get airlifted off that trail almost every month...and that's just in the first two miles. You need a permit to go further, and some parts of the trail are pretty hairy. Nice idea...but not for everyone. Like kayaking the na pali coast - that ain't no cakewalk either.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

where u staying? i can help.

lol your place with the pinballs? haha just kidding but let me know where a good place may be to stay too lol.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from rollinover:

lol your place with the pinballs? haha just kidding but let me know where a good place may be to stay too lol.

if your serious, pm me.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I wouldn't recommend that unless I knew somebody is in great shape and an experienced hiker. People get airlifted off that trail almost every month...and that's just in the first two miles. You need a permit to go further, and some parts of the trail are pretty hairy. Nice idea...but not for everyone. Like kayaking the na pali coast - that ain't no cakewalk either.

agree 100%. people go there thinking its disneyland. One of the mot beautiful places on earth, but be prepared with water, footwear, etc.

#22 8 years ago

Congrats on the WOZ! Those are some awesome pictures. Kauai must be an amazing place to live...and play pinball!

#23 8 years ago

Kauai is amazing. The traffic sucks though. The speed limits are horrendously slow and they make money of giving tourist tickets. The beaches there are awesome but you have to be careful or you will get knocked on your ass and hurt badly. Go to big beach if you want to see some big waves. Then go to little beach, if you have the BALLS for it. Maui and the Big Island have more to do and if you want to snorkel or scuba they are the places to do it. I just left there, too bad you didn't have that WOZ then or I would have joined you for a game or two and a Big Wave.

#24 8 years ago

Scotty -
Glad you like the WOZ ! It took us a while to get things rolling for you and to get it there, thanks for your patience ! It was a pleasure dealing with you and I'm proud to have been the distributor to get the first WOZ to Hawaii... I did have an inquiry from Dubai not too long ago so getting one there would be cool as well ! Glad you're happy with your new game and happy to have you as another satisfied customer !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Kauai is amazing. The traffic sucks though. The speed limits are horrendously slow and they make money of giving tourist tickets. The beaches there are awesome but you have to be careful or you will get knocked on your ass and hurt badly. Go to big beach if you want to see some big waves. Then go to little beach, if you have the BALLS for it. Maui and the Big Island have more to do and if you want to snorkel or scuba they are the places to do it. I just left there, too bad you didn't have that WOZ then or I would have joined you for a game or two and a Big Wave.

Well, I'm sure Scotty can speak to this, but having been there 17 times, I'm going to chime in here. I've never had a problem with speed limits, and have frequently done 50-60 on the main road around the island (any faster than that is asking for trouble...and hey! It's Hawaii! Chill out!). Traffic is different for different times of year - you went during the height of tourist season, so it's all the damn tourists that were jamming up the road.

I don't know what "big beach" and "little beach" are. I've never even heard of them.

Outside of the volcano and the surrounding area, the Big Island is pretty boring, and half of Maui is desert and uninhabitable (just continue the "road to Hana" rather than turning around if you want to see what I'm talking about). The other half of Maui is old people and college punks. And Kauai has the best scenery of any of the Hawaiian islands. There's a reason Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Outbreak, and a host of other films were shot there.

And obviously you didn't do any snorkeling off of Niihau, which is accessible by boat from Kauai. Best spot in the islands.

Beelzeboob has spoken.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

PS - if there was a way to both thumbs-up AND thumbs-down this post, I would have!

#27 8 years ago

I rode the road to Hana on a rented Harley and had a blast. No worries about going to fast there. We saw the last leg on the little puddle jumper plane we took from the Big Island and I said "who would drive on that" and then I did. They could have filmed Mad Max there. I wouldn't let the speed limits keep me from going back but I would let my wife drive or take a radar detector. Big beach is of course a big beach that has huge waves to the point that people have had broken necks and backs. Its fun if you know what your doing but it isn't for small kids or wimpy people. Little Beach is a lava field climb away but it is a nudie beach. I walked across at and trust me there was nothing I wanted to see there at the time. Nothing but fat older women and men. I did feel kind of "belittled" however. Oh, we rode dune buggys through that same are where they filmed all those movies. We pretty much rode through the field where the Dr and the kids ran from the herds of dinos. We also rode in a helicopter by the waterfall in Jurassic Park. There is one helo tour where they will land. Hawaii is a awesome place, just don't drive too fast.

#28 8 years ago

big/little beach are on maui. Yes in poipu i hear they give speeding tickets, people fly through there like theyre on a LA freeway sometimes, and lots of kids are playing running across the street to beach. Everywhere else they're pretty mellow about giving tickets, last thing cops want to do is hassle tourists that are here spending money. Whoever comes out here look me up, im single handedly holding down the pinball scene by myself.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Scotty -
Glad you like the WOZ ! It took us a while to get things rolling for you and to get it there, thanks for your patience ! It was a pleasure dealing with you and I'm proud to have been the distributor to get the first WOZ to Hawaii... I did have an inquiry from Dubai not too long ago so getting one there would be cool as well ! Glad you're happy with your new game and happy to have you as another satisfied customer !
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

first to Kauai, not Hawaii, I know of two on Oahu (Honolulu). See you next purchase.

#30 8 years ago

We are not 100% sure yet. I know we are back and forth on Kauai and Maui. We are definitely traveling to the big island and planning on seeing both sides and then from there want to bounce around a little bit. Would love some suggestions and don't mean to thread hijack. Congrats on the WOZ!

pm me with any questions, ive been to each island many times.

#31 8 years ago

Oh yea, I forgot that those beaches were Maui. I went to both for 4 days. That is where I got the ticket. They are all incredible places

#32 8 years ago

2nd day having it and I melted that dam witch! it had it on 5 balls though. Great game with very complicated rules that I love. I had no idea what I was doing till i studied that Bowen tutorial and melt the witch video on youtube. No better light show in pinball.

#33 8 years ago

Awesome. Now you only have 7 more gems to collect.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Awesome. Now you only have 7 more gems to collect.

in one game your supposed to do all that? impossible, whos done that?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

I think I've seen one person on Pinside claiming to have done so. But yes, you are supposed to do all that in one game. I set up my machine for "extra easy", 5 ball, add-a-ball, and the best I've done is 6 gems.

Any Woz owner will be busy for quite some time. Enjoy!

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

The people who have removed the glass. That's who.

#37 8 years ago

US Kauai, HI
1y 368 5
I continue to hold down the pinball scene here on the rock. Finally got here today, 3 weeks shipped JJP to Kauai. Now to learn the rules of this confusing game. Love the light show and lcd. This game seems to be built very well. Heres some pics of woz taking a tour on the way home. Definitely the only woz on this island (im the only guy with pins here) If anyone comes to Kauai remember to look me up.

i will be be in oahu in a couple weeks staying for a few months. is there anywhere in oahu to play pinbal? would love to hop islands and come show ya how to play that woz i got 588,000 as my high score on woz friend owns it

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

US Kauai, HI
1y 368 5
i will be be in oahu in a couple weeks staying for a few months. is there anywhere in oahu to play pinbal? would love to hop islands and come show ya how to play that woz i got 588,000 as my high score on woz friend owns it

theres a couple guys with games at home but i dont now of any in the wild, except some beat up nascar at a bar that doesnt really work. Let me know when u want to come over, me and my friend have a few games. You can school us. pm me

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I think I've seen one person on Pinside claiming to have done so. But yes, you are supposed to do all that in one game. I set up my machine for "extra easy", 5 ball, add-a-ball, and the best I've done is 6 gems.
Any Woz owner will be busy for quite some time. Enjoy!

where in menu is extra easy and add a ball? how does add a ball work? thanks, i need that feature.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

I once got 6 gems in a game factory settings. The witch is the easiest to get. They are all doable except one. I never got the Rescue Multi-ball Mega jackpot gem. Damn near impossible to get Mega jackpot. Because of the wide open outlanes, cradling balls during multi-ball is essential as well as setting a forgiving tilt. Before I sold WOZ I took the glass off to get SWOTRB wizard mode, and even that was hard. Was a little disappointed with it honestly.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

where in menu is extra easy and add a ball?

Go into diagnostics. Go to Install Pre Sets - Go to Game Pre Sets.

LTG : )

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

thanks, found it.. Finally finished tnplh for the first time. man that throne room is a tough shot for me, i can only hit it with luck.

#43 8 years ago

How well do your games hold up with all of the salt water humidity over there?

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

How well do your games hold up with all of the salt water humidity over there?

im far from ocean, i have to take care of things here though. Luckily all my games are in really good shape, even the old 90's williams ones.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

where in menu is extra easy and add a ball? how does add a ball work? thanks, i need that feature.

Quoted from LTG:

I think you'll find a setting for "Let the machine play the game for you" in there as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-floated-to-kauai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.