Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinstyle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I got to play some WOZ tonight at Flippers. I think the game was pretty cool, I enjoyed playing it but didn't dump too much money into it since it was a bit jacked up. It seemed to play ok from what I could tell but it had a bum lower right flipper (machine gun flipper), and it looked like it had a LED board out, all the Scarecrow lights were out along with a few inserts around the Scarecrow lights. The bum flipper was difficult to deal with but I got by enough to get a feel for the game. It looked like the monkey had a ball captive already and there where two balls in the lock i noticed which it never released at the end of a game.

Anyways, wow what a cool place Flippers is. I couldn't believe the amount of machines they had there. Got to play some BBB, what a really cool game, I thought it was pretty fun and the over all sound to the game and experience was funny. Tons of top titles here. The folks here are really cool also. I went to play some CFTBL and my second coin in got stuck so I dropped another in but that one got stuck also, so I just said ehh and walked away. I saw a service guy a few minutes later and just let him know it was eating coins. I wasn't looking for my two coins back but he opened the machine, feed a few coins in, racked up 2 games then reached in and grabbed a handful of coins and handed them to me. Crazy generous, here I was just looking to let him know something was wrong. Played some MM also, it was ok but I didn't see an immediate draw to it like some say. It is hard to really tell through when your just playing under a handful of games, you can't really make a good judgement like that but my mission was to play as many different titles as I could since it will be a long time before I'm ever around that many machine again. I did really like Creature though, for some reason it just clicked with me I guess.

I could go on but I'm not really posting this to give my two cents on all these top titles. I'm just posting to let folks know Flippers is a good place with tons of machines most in very good working order. There were a bunch in the back room turned off with a sign that said if you want to play one just turn it on, these I noticed all had a credit dot and some issue of some sort. I still played a few back there regardless. Also to let people know WOZ was up and running with minor issues it looked like, no idea what code it was running, it was numbered 90 some of 1000. The lighting seemed ok but it was pretty bright in there so not really a good test there. I didn't see any waviness to the surface of the playfield (under the clear coat).

You guys that have places like Flippers around you are really lucky.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

It looked like the monkey had a ball captive already and there where two balls in the lock i noticed which it never released at the end of a game.

Can't help with the other issues, but the default setting is to 'retain locks' at game end (they don't count towards your game). However, it can also be changed in settings to drain locks at game end. So, that part was normal.

#3 10 years ago

I've seen a similar issue with playfield LED boards going out on a game running 1.14. I wonder if the game you played was still running 1.14? 1.15 / 1.18 fixed a lot of issues so I wouldn't be surprised if the game hasn't been updated with the issues you described.

#4 10 years ago

I played WOZ again at Flippers Tuesday and it was fine only it takes 3 tokens now. Something may have happened after. Went from WOZ to Metallica and while it had a pretty solid feel it seemed to be dated after WOZ.
'Played my first CFTBL a few months ago at Flippers and really liked it but then again I'm from the drive inn era.

#5 10 years ago

Yea it was three tokens, i played a few games anyways even though it had that bum flipper. Creature was a realy fun game, i could see picking one up.

Thanks Sunfox, yea im not entirely sure what it was supposed to do and when as far as locked balls and such. Otherwise it seemed to play fine. I wish i had the time to go back to Flippers but we are heading home tomorrow, just down this way on vacation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-flippers-nc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.