(Topic ID: 152694)

WOZ flipper dead issue

By VolunteerPin

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Here is a copy of a tech request I sent to JJP: figured someone on here possibly might have some insight also.

Starting last night my flippers will stop working periodically. Noticed it first and most frequently when ball is shot up the crystal ball VUK (no crystal ball mode running) and this causes ball to drain. Upon draining, another ball will be released to the playfield - usually a previously locked ball. I have noticed this during multiball also but otherwise this symptom seems random.

Other weird associated symptoms include gaining a castle ball lock upon the drain (last time actually 2 ball locks were awarded) and the starting of a witch hurry up mode. I have checked some connections and everything seems to be fine as far as I can tell. There are no errors showing in the diagnostics.

Symptoms were of sudden onset with no previous similar issues. Again, the issue is periodic and the flippers will start working again after the new ball is released.

Thanks for the help.

#2 8 years ago

It sounds to me like something is triggering the game to think the ball drained. The flippers turn off when that happens and turn back on when the next ball launches. Maybe a flaky trough switch? Not really sure why you would get random ball locks awarded unless another switch was also registering at the wrong time too. I'm not all that techy so just making some guesses. LTG usually comes along and knows just what to suggest.

#3 8 years ago

I am thinking something along the same lines but not really sure where to start. Awaiting Lloyd....

Also JJP tech support responded and told me to check a couple of different switches which I will do later this evening.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Also JJP tech support responded

That was Lloyd.

LTG : )

#5 8 years ago

Lol. Saw it real quick and didn't pay attention. At the UT be LSU game now and will check those when home later.

#6 8 years ago

Well, I followed LTG's suggestions. Both flipper buttons were registering twice as per normal and no flaky switches were seen activating on the matrixed switch tests. So, just to try it out I went ahead and played a game.

It played flawlessly and I was awarded with a new GC score of 900k+ even though I don't think I really got very far in...I had a really long multiball ball stack going with weak flippers 2x scoring.

Hopefully, that little Gremlin is gone and she keeps playing well. Lloyd, thanks for the info. Not really sure what happened to fix it except just a little bit of your magic.

2 weeks later
#7 8 years ago

Well, the gremlin came back last night. First time I've seen this since updating the code. I will go through LTG's suggestions again and hopefully come up with a more permanent fix.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 16.95
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-flipper-dead-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.