(Topic ID: 60141)

Woz First month Total earnings.

By Benepinballs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

1 day shy of a full month of earnings, game was down for exactly 2 hours once with a blown fuse.
.75 a play 3 plays 2.00, 6 plays 3.00

Game does flake out with monitor off sometimes and you have to hit the buttons to bring it back up and it keeps going back out unless a game is started then its fine for awhile. Probably software glitch somewhere.

I go with total count of cash in the box and bill acceptor $1360.

Unfortunately no new stern or old williams has done this well in my location in the last 11 years, not even close.

Will will see how it trends the next few months.

#2 10 years ago

Impressive!

#3 10 years ago

thanks for sharing.

#4 10 years ago

That's amazing.

#5 10 years ago

thanks for the insight,

#6 10 years ago

good to hear! looks like that lcd screen really draws them to the game. let's hope woz puts some much needed life into the operator segment.

#7 10 years ago

I really didnt know what to think of that big monitor, but it pulls traffic to this pin, and players tend to get a good crowd watching them play because of it. And its been in a crowded arcade with 9-10 other pins and tons of arcades and self redemption.

Earnings alone make me a believer unless is blows up in the next few weeks or something.

#8 10 years ago

Nice....the public speaks...with their money. I think they like it.

#9 10 years ago

Thats what its all about, I sell to a pretty big operator base and its like pulling teeth to get them to buy pins. Metallica has done well in bars.

#10 10 years ago

Paid for by x-mas.

#11 10 years ago

People can talk about about it all they want, Including myself many times, but its what gets the average Joe to walk up with his hard earned money and pull that plunger that matters.

#12 10 years ago

WOZ is only one of the most beautiful game ever made

#13 10 years ago

I hope its paid for by Xmas, I need funds to buy the New wide body, Super LCD, Star trek pin from Stern this fall.

#14 10 years ago

Nice to see a pinball doing well in the wild. Leaves a good feeling in your gut that maybe every person who plays will pass on good things to say. Jack should be happy the gamble on the big screen is paying off.

#15 10 years ago

WOW!!! Very impressive! Go WOZ. JJP has hit it out of the park and they are just getting started.

#16 10 years ago

Big $$- congrats.

I thought the ticket price might be high for operators (vs home collectors), but those numbers certainly make it look like a good investment! I'd expect JJP to get slammed with more standard orders if those numbers hold up.

Out of curiosity, what was the first month of Metallica like in revenue?

#17 10 years ago

Metallica pro 487.00

ACDC premium 432.00

ACDC Pro 283.00

Simpsons PP 480.00

LOTR 286.00 Way too long of ball times.

Tron 520.00

Pirates 338.00

Iron man 157.00 Everyone hated it and thought it was cheap, Sold it after a few months

Stern Indiana Jones $519 was a consistant earner

Ripleys 377.00

Mario Bros $380

Avengers $305

Xmen $367

Shrek $560

Never bought a transformers

I have earnings somewhere for all the bally williams I have had in here.. Medieval did ok, Cirqus did nothing, Cactus Did great, Would love another western themed pin.

#18 10 years ago

Ur also the only operator in the country running a woz at under 1.00 per play..

#19 10 years ago

It'll be really interesting to see how these numbers keep up once there are a few WOZ games in each city. I don't it'll be doing $1,300 but I definitely seeing them do quite well and much better!

It is known and proven in this area that once a game has added LEDs, sptolights and lightstrips that they earn way better. The bright and updated looks brings them in, which is what woz has with the great light show and lcd screen

#20 10 years ago

Interesting that you're having those results. Friend out here has different results. A woz in a high traffic location sitting between xmen pro and Metallica pro, $1 a play (like you supposedly agreed to) and the Metallica is out performing the woz.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Nah, just played it on the Ocean City NJ boardwalk this week for $.50 per play.

#22 10 years ago

Good amount of $$$, let us know what happens when the hype goes down

#23 10 years ago

I don't believe it

#24 10 years ago

When did I agree to $1.00 a game? Every new Stern has been backed down to .50 No one out this way is ready for 1.00 a game.

#25 10 years ago

Ripleys did fairly well in its first month. Remember I also got these pretty quick within days of release.

#26 10 years ago

Impressive......Most impressive.

#27 10 years ago

This is so encouraging to see that people are supporting games on location and catching the pinball buzz.

#28 10 years ago

One Point, this baby dimples like the best of them, thats what happens when pins get played no matter how nice the clear is. I always seem to see people complaining about this with Sterns etc.. If you dont want it to dimple then dont play it... just oggle it.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Benepinballs:

One Point, this baby dimples like the best of them, thats what happens when pins get played no matter how nice the clear is. I always seem to see people complaining about this with Sterns etc.. If you dont want it to dimple then dont play it... just oggle it.

It seems the dimples show more at first when there are only a few. Once you get a bunch of them (kinda like a golf ball) they all blend together and it looks better. They are a sign that a game is well loved and played regularly.

#30 10 years ago

Earnings for BBH?

#31 10 years ago

Never bought big buck hunter probably should have, That and NBA, wheel of fortune, CSI were passed on.

#32 10 years ago

Interesting results. I've had an Iron Man out on location since it came out and it has been a fantastic earner, interesting that it was such a bad pin for you.

#33 10 years ago

I have to say. Early on I almost sold My Woz like i have many games quickly in the past. I played it with people a lot this weekend. We had a blast with it. The gameplay has really grown on me. I can't wait for more modes with future code.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It seems the dimples show more at first when there are only a few. Once you get a bunch of them (kinda like a golf ball) they all blend together and it looks better. They are a sign that a game is well loved and played regularly.

Yea like vid says the whole playfield turns into a dimple (the wood gets compressed)

#35 10 years ago

Well wait a sec here Bobby, what about this post:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.pinball/hr_W3_OiBQA/iyVNXbe6wIcJ

Just givin' ya a hard time.

#36 10 years ago

1 day shy of a full month of earnings, game was down for exactly 2 hours once with a blown fuse.
.75 a play 3 plays 2.00, 6 plays 3.00
Game does flake out with monitor off sometimes and you have to hit the buttons to bring it back up and it keeps going back out unless a game is started then its fine for awhile. Probably software glitch somewhere.
I go with total count of cash in the box and bill acceptor $1360.
Unfortunately no new stern or old williams has done this well in my location in the last 11 years, not even close.
Will will see how it trends the next few months.

Are you an operator? What percentage are you splitting with the location? Did you have to buy a license for this machine? Do you have to pay state sales tax on the game revenue?

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Are you an operator? What percentage are you splitting with the location? Did you have to buy a license for this machine? Do you have to pay state sales tax on the game revenue?

I think that I read in past threads he owns the place and machine so no split.

Operator license and revenue- don't know.

#38 10 years ago

Set yours up like centerflanks and you will not have as much of a problem with ball time
Hardest LoTR I've played. yet still fun enough to draw people in I would think.
Thanks for sharing the #'s. Very fun to read!

#40 10 years ago

Interesting, thanks for sharing..

#41 10 years ago

Great post Benepinballs!! I love hearing about this. The only question I would ask is, "Are the earning related to the supply vs. demand of the machine." Right now this machine is not in many homes and is very limited in the "Wild". Will this continue to earn when it can be found in several establishments? I hope it does. I wanted to play this so badly that first chance I got, I spent $15.................I actually liked it, but haven't had the urge to drive 1hr to play it again.

#42 10 years ago

Do Shrek and Tron routinely out earn AC/DC and Metallica?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Do Shrek and Tron routinely out earn AC/DC and Metallica?

I believe he was showing his "first month" numbers. I would guess ac/dc has been a consistent earner over most other titles in the long run. The game has also changed quite a bit since release.

#44 10 years ago

A machine based upon the band April Wine would earn better......

#45 10 years ago

Same game in my location has earned that in 17 days at 50 cents/play, 75 for 2, 1.00 for 3 plays.

Last month it earned more than that in 20 days and I don't get the traffic that you do. And at this point I'm giving you earnings numbers for a game that is 3+ years old.

IM got off to a slow start, and it took a while for it to come around and get respect among pinheads. It may not have been a good fit for your location. You may not like it, but kids play it a ton, as do pinheads. It can earn just fine.

#46 10 years ago

New wide body, Super LCD, Star Trek pin

l'll believe it when I see it. Nice going with WOZ too. No doubt the LCD helped the $$$.. interesting to see how long it lasts... Also the game is far from complete

#47 10 years ago

Metallica pro 487.00
ACDC premium 432.00
ACDC Pro 283.00
Simpsons PP 480.00
Tron 520.00
Pirates 338.00
Iron Man 157.00 Everyone hated it and thought it was cheap, Sold it after a few months
Stern Indiana Jones $519 was a consistant earner
Ripleys 377.00
Mario Bros $380
Avengers $305
Xmen $367
Shrek $560
Never bought a Transformers
I have earnings somewhere for all the bally williams I have had in here.. Medieval did ok, Cirqus did nothing, Cactus Did great, Would love another western themed pin.

Cool list, thanks for sharing (including the comments). Funny that Shrek had been the top earner and IM the lowest. As few Shreks that were produced and as good a game as it is, the game often sells for a discount from its original price. Remember when this was the norm for 99% of titles?

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Unless Jon upped the price at Reciprocal I paid $.50 a game a number of weeks back.

#49 10 years ago

Im not surprised.very short ball time son IM. Makes people mad. Longer times on Shrek, makes people happy.

#50 10 years ago

Glad you changed your tune about WOZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-first-month-total-earnings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.