Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
optimism-bull-matador-fail-best-demoti.jpg
jack.png
woz.jpg
howard-the-duck-special-edition-200903.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-07-06_at_12.44.45_PM..png
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Uh I think he did. That's how I read it.

No, I didn't. His bizarre defensive letter just happened to be on Easter.

Relax Alex.... Your loyalty and devotion to your employer is admirable. No need to envision things that Jack's critics are supposedly saying. Plenty of the real stuff out there.

#202 10 years ago

This is some stupid sh@!. We all knew you meant the big letter from Jack. People are just acting dumb now.

#203 10 years ago

I think once a WOZ thread gets past page 2 (maybe even page 1), the chances of any posts being related to the thread topic is 0%.

#204 10 years ago

Well then it needed to be worded differently. And all this is dumbshit, but it continues. Why continue to bash a guy who is pushing the envelope and advancing the hobby? I think it gets old and there are many who just don't get the sarcasm in posts.

#205 10 years ago

do they all spiral down this way?

#206 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

yep

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yep, As long as people jump into woz threads for no other reason than to start crap and have their personal fun. Like CP said, page one ok, page 2...not so ok, page 3 no resemblance to the topic.

#208 10 years ago

Are you talking about WOZ threads or for sale threads?

#209 10 years ago

For sale threads in the forum are open game.

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

No, I didn't. His bizarre defensive letter just happened to be on Easter.

Yeah, but you did call it an "Easter sermon", rather than an "Easter letter" or "tirade" or "speech" or "lecture". After calling everyone "WOZ worshipers", you were clearly cultivating a religious/faith-based tone, and I don't think you'll find many random public groups who, as a whole, take even slight religious digs humorously. Best to avoid them entirely, unless you're trying to stir up the muck.

Oh, and I just got "Jack Officers", which I've never heard anyone use before and puzzled me for a bit... until I realized it's a subtle way of calling all the JJP employees "jack offs". Mature...

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Are you talking about WOZ threads or for sale threads?

Both it seems.

I'm surprised a WOZ FS thread hasn't ripped a hole in the space time continuum yet. Gotta be just a matter of time before it happens.

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

Yeah, but you did call it an "Easter sermon", rather than an "Easter letter" or "tirade" or "speech" or "lecture". After calling everyone "WOZ worshipers", you were clearly cultivating a religious/faith-based tone, and I don't think you'll find many random public groups who, as a whole, take even slight religious digs humorously. Best to avoid them entirely, unless you're trying to stir up the muck.
Oh, and I just got "Jack Officers", which I've never heard anyone use before and puzzled me for a bit... until I realized it's a subtle way of calling all the JJP employees "jack offs". Mature...

He called it a sermon because it read like one. I read that very post of Jack's and shook my head. I defy anyone to go back and read it and say it doesn't sound like a sermon. Now, I listen to sermons every Sunday in church. If jack were a preacher and talking about religion, more power to him. He wasn't. It was a long explanation about why he was going to miss yet another promised date (as I recall.) Now someone has to repost that mess to understand the comments made earlier.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ease up a bit on the constant war of WOZ defending.

Perhaps its cyber bullying and the people poking fun at WOZ will get a timeout.

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

I never picked up on the jackoff reference... i think you over-read into it.

The referenced letter WAS preachy... here the link:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jersey-jacks-letter-its-from-the-heart

It was a bit over-the-top...

Having said that, I do see now how every WoZ thread degenerates into a fight between the Eloi and the Morlocks....

#215 10 years ago

I've had a WOZLE on order for over 2 years and that letter is so barf inducing it has pushed me to the brink of selling my spot.

Why didn't he go all out and nail himself to a cross while he was at it?

#216 10 years ago

i read a bit of it, but don`t like reading excuses so stopped after a couple paragraphs.

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i read a bit of it, but don`t like reading excuses so stopped after a couple paragraphs

Come on Vex, you can do it .

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Why didn't he go all out and nail himself to a cross while he was at it?

Uh oh.... Sunfox is definitely NOT gonna like this.

#219 10 years ago

no jim, i can`t. did you read all of it? i bet you read all of it with a big cheesy grin.

#220 10 years ago

Mod:

We've strayed *SLIGHTLY* from my OP of a Woz-in-the-Wild review...

Before we start covering other related topics like the war on drugs, abortion and the 2nd Amendment.....

please close at will....

PS- I get to play another woz the wild tomorrow might in New Hampshire, so anxious to compare experiences....

#221 10 years ago

Well I posted on page three stating I loved the way it looked but felt it was average. That's my honest opinion. I'm not bashing it but it didn't do it for me.isnt the topic about people's opinions?

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I'm surprised a WOZ FS thread hasn't ripped a hole in the space time continuum yet.

I'm not worried. According to some people on here, the machine itself is capable of repairing that hole.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

PS- I get to play another woz the wild tomorrow might in New Hampshire, so anxious to compare experiences....

Please start a new thread so we can all enjoy your experience together !

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Mod:
We've strayed *SLIGHTLY* from my OP of a Woz-in-the-Wild review...
Before we start covering other related topics like the war on drugs, abortion and the 2nd Amendment.....
please close at will....

lol

You derailed your own thread!

IBTL!

#225 10 years ago

In before the lock!

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

YAY! Another Woz thread queued up! In baby...

#227 10 years ago

I want out before the lock!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#228 10 years ago

Slid right under the door...

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You know they do..........

Time to close this POS down!

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know they do..........
Time to close this POS down!

I posted "Mod, please close at will"

were there other magic words I was supposed to use?

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Will hasn't posted yet.

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Did you click your heels together three times when you said it ?

LTG : )

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Mods are still on July 4th vacation, I probably would have banned myself for a few posts I made this weekend....that said, we all know the magic words and one more post by Jimmy Mac and its done!

Excellent review by the way....

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

we all know the magic words and one more post by Jimmy Mac and its done!

Ain't the truth !! LMAO

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I wish ;-(

The WoZ was out of service as well. Apparently ALL the PF lighting on it failed... Arg. I guess my quest will continue to find a working WoZ in the wild . I'm in DC next week.... Maybe I can find one there....

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I wish ;-(
The WoZ was out of service as well. Apparently ALL the PF lighting on it failed... Arg. I guess my quest will continue to find a working WoZ in the wild . I'm in DC next week.... Maybe I can find one there....

Is it still the best earning game while broken ???

(Lighten up Francis)

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I wish ;-(

You asked for this thread to be closed.

Then you bumped it!

I'm soooo confused.

#238 10 years ago

People don't dance no mo all they do is this all they do is this

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

You asked for this thread to be closed.
Then you bumped it!
I'm soooo confused.

Asked and was ignored.

I can only assume the content is so riveting- the mods REFUSE to shut it down....

To quote a great philosopher:

"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

People don't dance no mo all they do is this all they do is this

Quoted from lowepg:

Asked and was ignored.
I can only assume the content is so riveting- the mods REFUSE to shut it down....
To quote a great philosopher:
"You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

Goodie Mob and Serenity, eh?

As much as I would like to take a bow for being a pop culture Guru,...like everyone else, I have Google.

But I do like Goodie Mob!

#241 10 years ago

Hi all,

I just got back from Ocean City, NJ and had a chance to play WOZ at Jilly"s arcade. They have about 10 machines in the back (unfortunately in very poor working order, there was an avengers there which I have not yet been able to play, and unfortunately it was stuck in ball search....Im thinking someone set it up and literally forgot to put the balls in it, it looked brand new, so I told the attendant and his fix was to put duct tape over the coin slots). Anyhow....

I will keep thoughts on WOZ simple. I thought the game was very fun. I liked the audio package alot, the machine is beautiful as everyone mentioned. I think the video screen will help attract attention in an arcade environment.... while I was playing I watched the playfield, while others were playing I was watching the screen to learn the rules.

Regarding play:
- I think the game has some flow to it, more so then say TSPP (which I have).
- I liked the upper RESCUE upper playfield.
- The other upper playfield just showed me how slow I am.... one loop and drain the few times I made it there.
- The outlanes were really cool: I really liked the balloon on the bottom left outlane. If you got all the targets it puts you in a cool mode that lets you try and save the ball, same for TOTO on the right outlane.... pressures you into making a ramp shot in a short amount of time to keep going.
- Crystal ball was a neat effect.
- Regarding speed, I think it was ok. I didn't have any problem making the ramp shot, the slings and all solenoid driven things were very strong and fast. I think the table was maybe a little less inclined then I am use to in other machines so at times ball would seem slower, but this was not bad, just different.

Good machine, I will put some money into it every time I see it. Going to be interesting, if it can prove to be more dependable then other machines I think it will help it earn more.

Jim

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Is it still the best earning game while broken ???

LOL, I'm sorry... but reading this I flashed back to the old comment that got Jack in hot water... and was thinking, a broken WOZ could earn ten times as much as a broken SM!

#243 10 years ago

I played at WOZ at Flippers yesterday - the first time I've seen WOZ except on the internet. The game is awsome! The colors really catch you from the start - somehow the internet just can't capture the depth and color that you'll see in person. The music didn't bother me at all while playing though I found it getting obnoxious on some internet video clips - I was relieved as I pictured myself piping in "Dark Side of the Moon" at one time. The game play was very fast and JJP incorporated the theme well into the game. Only real complaint is if you get distracted by the crystal ball or watching a video clip the ball can drain really fast so keep your eyes on the ball. I also personally like a little cleaner upper playfield - like 3 lanes with rollovers but I must admit the upper playfields are pretty neat. I played an AFM but 'went back to the WOZ. 'Looking forward to getting my own in a few weeks. If, like me you're waiting and only had access to internet video clips the real thing is much, much better.

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I played at WOZ at Flippers yesterday - the first time I've seen WOZ except on the internet. The game is awsome! The colors really catch you from the start - somehow the internet just can't capture the depth and color that you'll see in person. The music didn't bother me at all while playing though I found it getting obnoxious on some internet video clips - I was relieved as I pictured myself piping in "Dark Side of the Moon" at one time. The game play was very fast and JJP incorporated the theme well into the game. Only real complaint is if you get distracted by the crystal ball or watching a video clip the ball can drain really fast so keep your eyes on the ball. I also personally like a little cleaner upper playfield - like 3 lanes with rollovers but I must admit the upper playfields are pretty neat. I played an AFM but 'went back to the WOZ. 'Looking forward to getting my own in a few weeks. If, like me you're waiting and only had access to internet video clips the real thing is much, much better.

Congrats, another great Woz experience, at least you got to play it and experience before you bought and won't have to wait that long now!

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Sunfox:

LOL, I'm sorry... but reading this I flashed back to the old comment that got Jack in hot water... and was thinking, a broken WOZ could earn ten times as much as a broken SM!

Did he really say that? I think that is the funniest thing I have heard him say.

Pappy

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I played an AFM but 'went back to the WOZ. 'Looking forward to getting my own in a few weeks. If, like me you're waiting and only had access to internet video clips the real thing is much, much better.

Awesome, good to hear.

Pappy

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Goodie Mob and Serenity, eh?
As much as I would like to take a bow for being a pop culture Guru,...like everyone else, I have Google.
But I do like Goodie Mob!

Lord it's so haaarrd, living this liife
Of constant WOZLE each and every day
Some wonder why, I'd rather die
Than to continue reading this way
Maybe your blind, but cannot find
The truth cause no one seems to really know
But I won't accept these excuses from JJP
Jersey Jack you gotta let me and my pinheads go

And I wanna play free, completely free
JJP won't you please come and save PB
I wanna play free, totally free
I'm not gon' let these WOZ haterz worry me

#248 10 years ago

If a new stern was having the same issues described by the OP....oh boy, the haters would unleash the drama.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

... I was relieved as I pictured myself piping in "Dark Side of the Moon" at one time.

As much as I love DSotM, I'm imagining myself playing WoZ and getting the Existential Blues stuck in my head .....

You know kids, I can handle the big green glow in the big dark house up on the hill, I can handle the dark forest, I can handle the little old lady and the very strange road they're sending me down... I've seen yellow stripes in the middle of the road, but kids, never quite that wide! All right, tighten your shorts pilgrim, and sing like the Duke!

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

If a new stern was having the same issues described by the OP....oh boy, the haters would unleash the drama.

And some people would be trying to help them fix things so they could enjoy their game again soon.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : I am on the JJP team so don't believe anything I post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,000 (OBO)
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 91.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-first-impressions-decidedly-mixed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.