Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

woz-boards (resized).jpg
9234D3F2-43FD-4BEA-979A-7C7EDD16BE75 (resized).jpeg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 52 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hey guys I have an early run WOZECLE made in 8/2013. Just started reading about some power supply issues and was trying to see if I have the older power supply or the updated one.
I opened up my game and can’t seem to find it. Shouldn’t it be here? Was it placed somewhere else in the earlier runs?
Thanks![quoted image]

You are the generation before the unified power supply came into existence. You have an ATX power supply plus a switching power supply to run the LEDs.

#52 52 days ago

Ah got it. Are there any known issues or should I just leave it as is?

#53 52 days ago

Leave it - both supplies are replaceable just be aware that if you purchase an ATX replacement from somewhere like Amazon it will need two modifications before you can install it. Fortunately, you have your old supply as a model to work from. JJP also stocks the modified ATX supplies although they cost more.

#54 52 days ago

Thanks appreciate the info.

Does this make adding a 2.0 light board kit any harder ? Was thinking about doing that.

#55 52 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Thanks appreciate the info.
Does this make adding a 2.0 light board kit any harder ? Was thinking about doing that.

No not at all. There are one or two different USB connections but nope. Shoot me a PM with your email address if you would and I will send you some stuff.

#56 52 days ago

I have 3, 2 of which had the 2.0 kit intalled. Not having any issues but the one without 2.0 was not as early as the ones with the kits. There are more mechanisms that can have issues than almost any other pin

#57 52 days ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

I have 3, 2 of which had the 2.0 kit intalled. Not having any issues but the one without 2.0 was not as early as the ones with the kits. There are more mechanisms that can have issues than almost any other pin

Still operating all three, Al?

#58 52 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No not at all. There are one or two different USB connections but nope. Shoot me a PM with your email address if you would and I will send you some stuff.

PM sent. Thanks!

#59 52 days ago
Quoted from coz6:

a light board or two go out each year but solid game.

#60 52 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

The early ECLE can be a hassle, but the best thing it has going is that beautiful direct print cabinet. JJP should bring it back and make that an exclusive CE feature on all new JJP. It might convince me to buy a CE. The direct print cab on ECLE WoZ is THAT nice.

I am not sure but I think they stopped because of a chipping issue from what I remember

#61 52 days ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am not sure but I think they stopped because of a chipping issue from what I remember

Mine sure did chip.

#62 52 days ago
Quoted from JY64:

Quoted from stangbat:

Mine sure did chip.

Pretty sure I recall talk of a spat between Jack and Charlie Emery which resulted in JJP getting no longer their cabinets printed by the company Charlie was at.

Can't say about chipping as mine is still in the same condition it was in on the day I picked it up and unboxed it, some time in late July of '13 if I'm not mistaken.

Final comment - re the light boards. JJP went above and beyond to make my game good to go. They first swapped out the 5V power supply and all the light boards for the unbuffered 7.5 volt versions. All I had to do was drop it off at the midwest campus and they did the work. Then later, at least a year after my warranty expired, I swapped a few of the unbuffered boards for buffered ones at no cost. Since then the game has been rock solid.

#63 52 days ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Mine sure did chip.

How did you chip it? The one we have here on location still looks great.

#64 51 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

How did you chip it? The one we have here on location still looks great.

By putting it on location and letting others play it.

Keep in mind this was an early direct print cab. Probably within the first 30 games made.

#65 51 days ago
Quoted from clg:

Disagree. I had unbuffered 7.5v and never had problems. I sold the game 6 months ago and the new owner has been fine with it too.

You missed my point. 5v buffered boards are better than 7 5 unbuffered and on par with 7 5 buffered. Glad yours hasn't had issues but there are people with 7.5 unbuffered boards having issues as well.

#66 50 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You missed my point. 5v buffered boards are better than 7 5 unbuffered and on par with 7 5 buffered. Glad yours hasn't had issues but there are people with 7.5 unbuffered boards having issues as well.

Duplicate post

#67 50 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I didn't realize that JJP made 5v buffered boards. I thought that all the 5v boards were un-buffered since they were the first generation of light boards. Thanks for clearing that up.

Gord

#68 47 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I didn't realize that JJP made 5v buffered boards. I thought that all the 5v boards were un-buffered since they were the first generation of light boards. Thanks for clearing that up.
Gord

A lot of the 5v boards have been buffered with daughter boards either installed or sent out by JJP to owners of games that had the 5v boards. Mine has these and are buffered.

According to JJP, if buffered, they are as reliable as buffered 7.5v boards. Unbuffered of either tend to be more problematic.

#69 47 days ago

How do you tell the unbuffered boards from the buffered boards. Asking for a friend....

#70 47 days ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

How do you tell the unbuffered boards from the buffered boards. Asking for a friend....

Buffered will have a little daughterboard added.

woz-boards (resized).jpg

But if you have or are getting a WoZ, the 2.0 light system is the way to go. Jack won't be offering them at a discount forever, and if you sell your old working boards, you end up at like $300 for a much more stable system that will last. Working 5 or 7.5v buffered or unbuffered are going to fail, it's just a matter of when because the design is flawed.

#71 47 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Buffered will have a little daughterboard added.
[quoted image]
But if you have or are getting a WoZ, the 2.0 light system is the way to go. Jack won't be offering them at a discount forever, and if you sell your old working boards, you end up at like $300 for a much more stable system that will last. Working 5 or 7.5v buffered or unbuffered are going to fail, it's just a matter of when because the design is flawed.

Let me add some extra info - later revision 7.5v boards have the buffers built in so there does not have to be a visible daughterboard.

#72 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Let me add some extra info - later revision 7.5v boards have the buffers built in so there does not have to be a visible daughterboard.

I was out of the 1.0 lighting before those came around, I guess. I only had pics of 5v buffered/unbuffered and 7.5v buffered/unbuffered all with daughterboards. Do you have a pic of a 7.5v integrated buffered board?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside