Topic Stats

• 9,185 posts
  • 509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 236 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,223 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0006 (resized).jpg
20191013_232803 (resized).jpg
12C2A44D-3CD8-47B0-9ECE-4B3A4A065315 (resized).jpeg
A1B3C77A-3D43-4097-95FB-25913EBB1E2A (resized).jpeg
C766C0B9-9884-4D2F-8619-918228E04EF2 (resized).jpeg
78DDB4E8-6BAE-4799-A6AE-2B59E8509FE4 (resized).jpeg
1FED3E58-3B10-405E-A266-B3AB69958EA5 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 5.59.38 PM (resized).png
IMG_0287 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20191013-171847~2 (resized).png
E4C8E654-9FE4-4E68-9BA4-2B37848028F4 (resized).jpeg
2C895AD7-1A39-4E7D-AA81-38DB159F88E6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (2 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (6 months ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (6 months ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (6 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (6 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vyzer2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 5 years ago

What more can be said about this game. It is one of the most addictive pins I've ever played. Always a new way to play, the combination of light shows as modes are stacked are just incredible, interesting scoring strategies, just a real blast to play. Woz deserves to be a top rated pin...heck, it is for all of us who actually spend time playing it. Broke a mil today for the first time. Battled the witch twice, failed both times. Great game!

#132 5 years ago

Im getting tired of not being able to save that mutt Toto. I can hit that ramp almost everytime...but when I get to save that doggy...i miss almost every time....hitting that shot is so important to getting high scores (continuing a ball).

3 months later
#415 5 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Thought clear would be great with all the colors and the clear GI tubes. So far I like it.

Interesting. I wouldn't think I would like the clear but they do look good. Do you have a count and a breakdown of all that is needed? Would be appreciated.

3 weeks later
#476 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Yeah probably the outcome, pretty piss poor for a board to go after 5 weeks of having it, do you know if this is common and also how much the boards are worth?

Many of us that have had games built prior to the newest light boards being used had issues with bds blowing out.
Your game most likely has some of those earlier bds...not a big issue except for your location to get a newer bd quickly.
Just let jjp or Lloyd know which bd blew out......and one or 2, whatever, will be sent to you. Its more than a well known problem and JJP has taken care of everyone who has asked for replacements.

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Is it in the manual somewhere? I heard this could be done but not sure the steps to take.

Once you figure out how to jump a board (which is very easy and will be a pro at it in no time)….if you are jumping one of the smaller bds, you can use I believe bd 18 which is located under the bottom right or left sling. Take out the smaller bad bd and replace with the good bd #18. This way, most of your lights will work properly (minus the gi lighting under the slings) and your good to go till you get a replacement. If its one of the bigger bds..than you will need to jump that and be without many lights associated with that board.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well the there is no place like home, yellow brick road, TOTO lights and everything up the right side like lion board and throne room board to and including the rainbow lights won't work.
LTG : )™

Llyod....if you jump 18 or even 20...and shut those off in the menu, it will only effect the gi lighting. All other lights you mention will continue to work. I did this when either bds 29, 15 and a couple others went out.

5 months later
#564 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Arrived yesterday. And without gushing, I will simply say.. OMG WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING ALL THIS TIME!!?? haha. Seriously, this thing is super engaging. The theme is so well done. I was always a bit worried that it might be a bit, I don't know, kiddy? soft? Wrong words, but anyway it's certainly not ANY of that. And to admit my biggest correction in stance, is to admit the screen is fabulous. I have claimed that "you don't look at the screen, you look at the ball". Well, maybe there was never anything worth looking at, lol. The screen is amazing and makes for great family engagement. We were playing alternate games rather than multiplayer (my OCD son can't stand having his game interrupted), and other players were entertained just watching.

Owners know how good this game is. It only gets better the more you understand the game and the various strategies for scoring. Enjoy the game and have fun.

1 week later
#590 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm going by memory on those, so I might have missed one. Oh, get all the diamonds and you get to Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Every journey starts with the first step

Quoted from metallik:

Eight gems lead to Somewhere Over the Rainbow wizard mode - this is the WIZARD wizard mode, equivalent to Valinor or SDMEWM.

You missed one: you have to pass through Valinor in order to get to SOTR.

2 weeks later
#644 4 years ago

Same here o for. Although I did it once before the last code update, wonder if something changed and got harder. Definitely harder than destroying the ring in lotr.

#676 4 years ago

^^^^^^^
Exactly. To battle the witch and ultimately melt her, you need to start a munchkin mode, a crystal ball mode, rescue mb, and hit the witch for 3 hurry ups....not in any of those orders and not necessarily at the same time.

2 months later
#760 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

You do need to capture Dorothy to start rescue MB.

Um....I believe you do have to capture Dorothy.

Edit..sorry, read it incorrectly. You are correct.

10 months later
#1105 3 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Mine was set to 3 balls (yes, the glass was on ) and I did it on the first ball! It was the best ball I ever had and then I drained pretty quick on the next two. Scored just over 2,300,000.

Well txstargazer, you can now sell your WOZ with a clean conscious.

2 months later
#1453 3 years ago

Yes it does. Belive it can be set for 30 seconds. Been in the game from the beginning.

4 months later
#2222 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

i know i might be in the honeymoon phase, but really digging what this game has to offer as a whole

I don't know, I've had WOZ for 3 plus years and still have not tired of the game. So many different strategies for scoring and objectives to tackle. Hasn't gotten old and still play it regularly. Keeper.

1 month later
#2647 2 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm finally getting better at this amazing game!

Nice score. The way I find to rack up a high score is by starting a munchkin mode stacked with an emerald city mb and a crystal ball mode. Bonus can be in the hundred thousands. Someone once posted a bonus of over a million.

1 week later
#2764 2 years ago

Monkey issue here: lately when the monkey goes down, it sits on top of the ball and does not return. If I hit both flippers, the monkey then travels to the castle. Has this happened to anyone else?

#2768 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There's a switch at the bottom (backside of the back board)... Check to see if it needs adjustment

Thanks I'll check that. But where?..backside of the back board? Where is that?

#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You have to pull the playfield forward.... the screw/motor mechanism that makes the monkey travel is located on the backside of the playfield back board. You'll see a switch at the top and a switch at the bottom...which tells the game the when the monkey is at the castle or at playfield level. Little bending adjustments to those switches will give the monkey more or less travel.
If the problem is your bottom switch, you'll need to bend it so that that switch gets triggered earlier. Do adjustments in small increments...test... rinse, wash, repeat. Hopefully that will work!

Understood, thank you.

1 month later
#2968 2 years ago

My monkey goes down and sits on top of the ball, it won't go back up unless I hit the flippers. Any ideas?

3 months later
#3652 2 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Hi All - true WOZ addict here..... I let my WOZLE go about two years ago and have missed that game ever since. I swear my 14yr old has said at least 100 times "when are we getting another WOZ?", and so have friends and family. This game has kinda ruined pinball for me as everything now gets compared to it, and nothing really (maybe MMr)comes close.
Yesterday I said the hell with it and called and ordered a 75th from Jen to get my fix! Can't wait

As much as I think I'm going to need to make room for a newer game down the road, I'm not going to go through what you did. I can't see getting rid of woz as not much comes close to it.

3 months later
#4081 2 years ago

Looks like one of your light boards are starting to fail.

3 months later
#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Work on WOZ continues.
LTG : )

When your done, will you come and do mine? Practice makes perfect.

4 months later
#5277 1 year ago

Pre 2.0 light systems need to be discounted so this type of thing doesn't happen again. I'm sure other distributors have both before and after light systems. All they want to do is move their stock, but who would buy a game now without the updated 2.0.

4 weeks later
#5398 1 year ago

Had what I thought was my best game ever on woz. Collected 5 emeralds, most I ever had was 3. Did not complete rescue, fireball frenzy and did not liquidate the witch. Had 2 tries. At one time or more I had haunted forest mb, munchkin frenzy, rescue and EC mb running. The game was about 40 minutes. What I don't understand is why my score was only 1.84 mil (4th best). There is so much going on I wonder if the scoring can "catch-up" for lack of a better word. As far as I can tell everything scores when I test, although when multiple modes are happening, then I don't know. Really thought I would have at least been in the 2 to 3 mil range. Flippers did get pretty weak about 3/4 through game. I've had much shorter games with a lot less happening and have managed to score a million. Doesn't make sense that this game was not a higher score.

#5401 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

It really depends on what is stacked. Best score I ever got I wasn’t nearly as far along as other scores. So basically you can play for points or play for progress... progress can produce high scores but it’s not guaranteed.

Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, Munchkin and Haunted modes during other MBs are key to big bonus points. Without that completing the individual modes won't net you super-high scores. If you can throw in a HOADC multiplier you can really do well.

Thks, Yes Im pretty much aware of this. At one time I had the second munchkin going along with CB "targets" (which is a higher scoring cb mode), EM mb along with rescue mb with 2 locked balls. In a past game, I remember getting a bonus of 300k, but this time it was like 60k and it was kind of a long ball. I'm not convinced after that game that the scoring is catching everything. I guess I would have to record a good game and see if anything is not scoring properly.

1 month later
#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not only fixed but Pinstadium installed.

You need a new witch!

1 month later
#5839 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I noticed today that in my WOZ there is some wear on the PF before the target that leads to the hole that launches the ball to the castle. Have you had similar problems and did you manage to find good ways to cover the wear? I guess otherwise I just put some mylar there. Thanks for any tips!

Jjp makes a decal to overlap that area.

#5844 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I do not see it in their shop? Is it through support services? A decal would definetely be better than just regular mylar.

Here is a pic of the decal. It's been 3 yrs but in looking back, it was a guy named Roger Harris @jjp who made this decal. Don't know if he still there but sure they have more. I guess ask Frank @ Jjp.

IMG_1614 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#6250 11 months ago

I have one of the earliest Woz's. Over a thousand + games ....I have replaced very few boards in 3 years. One fish board (W1) very early on and 4 small light boards.
Once I got the new buffer boards (5v) over 2 years ago and hundreds of play, I have not had any other light board issues. Now whether they fail in the future is anyones guess. I remember speaking with Eric (JJP engineer...and now designer!) years ago, he felt very confident with the daughter buffer boards, game would remain solid. In over two years...no lightboard issues..FWIW.
Now Im afraid of turning the game on after I just said this.

#6268 11 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Well, the guy I bought mine from 3 weeks ago said he had been sent and installed those fixes but at least one of these has failed with less than 30 plays since acquisition.
My personal opinion is JJP should be standing by fixing all of these early run games at mimimal cost (not $800) given their manufacturing mistakes created the situation for early and subsequent owners but I digress.

I don't disagree as far as wishing that jjp offered a better deal on games with at least the 5v boards or even the 7.5 bds. The point of my post was more along the lines of dispelling the notion that all early games without the 2.0 sysytems had serious light board issues. I think the buffered boards helped stop a lot of light board problems.
Also early on, jjp was giving light boards out for free. They then went to still offering boards free when you sent back the failed board. So in my mind, jjp stood by early manufacturing problems in a very good business way.

5 months later
#7074 6 months ago

Really sorry to hear this Nokoro. Was following your 2.0 lights with great interest. Don’t know if one had something to do with the other, but I also had an i/o board short out. Never found the cause but had it replaced and it’s been good for years. Darn pinball machines.

#7081 6 months ago

I couldn’t nail it down, so called Jjp and actually had Eric M call me back. This was when Eric was not working on designs, etc. He had me checking everything with a multi meter (spent a good amount of time on the phone, couldn’t thank him enough). In the end there was nothing specific that could determine the cause. Just wound up ordering a new board. Keep in mind, my game was a very early production game (May 2013). Because I live in NJ I took the board to Jjp where they work on all sorts of boards to repair. Got a different I/0 board (used) which they felt was more robust for lack of a better word. It has been fine since. Btw, replacing it for you will be a snap after the work you did on the light boards. Do keep us up to date.

3 months later
#8233 3 months ago

I need to raise the monkey magnet core a tiny bit. Is it just a matter of turning a screw on the magnet mech or is it more involved? Thought I’d ask before I started.

#8236 3 months ago

Yes on the play field and thank you. Yes I do have have the manual, I’ll look at it when I get home. Thanks Lloyd.

1 week later
#8380 84 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So I finally received my pinblades and I am a bit surprised to find that they are not "blades" but simply a decal. When I got pinblades for my GB machines, they were a much thicker material of plastic.
These ones for WOZ are going to be a b*tch to install. I dont see how it would be possible to do it without taking the playfield out.

Thanks for posting this. I was about to order these but I want blades not a decal.

#8395 82 days ago

Once again a lot of worthwhile threads on the earlier boards. I have the first post production game (early May 2013). Initially I had a few small boards go wonky as well as the fish board. Since mid to late 2013 I have not had any lighting issues. I realize that saying this is probably bad karma. I do hate thinking when playing if a board is going to go bad. But than again, anytime you turn on a machine a problem could arise. So my thought is that I’m going to try and coax one of jjp’s excellent techs to my house to fix a minor issue. Than I’m going to kidnap them, make my home into a bed and breakfast so they feel comfortable WHILE they install 2.0.

1 month later
#8873 26 days ago

After having purchased the 2.0 system, I hope they dont come out with a 3.0 system with brighter GI lights
Hopefully something can be done with software.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
7,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Escondido, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vyzer2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside