BBC45EB9-37B4-430E-B770-C8403A8E8F1F (resized).jpeg
E83552FC-D020-4B19-AB41-9BAECAE0F624 (resized).jpeg
WOZ Service.pdf (PDF preview)
Photo Feb 18 2024, 9 45 03 AM (resized).jpg
IMG_3923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3924 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5353 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (9 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (4 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (4 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (4 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2902 7 years ago

Despite the mostly minor issues with this pin, it is my favorite pin of all time. I ordered it on the suggestion of friends without ever having played it and I am thoroughly impressed with the theme integration, shots, gimmicks and everything else that makes this the pin to beat IMO.

2 months later
#3199 7 years ago

I might as well post in here as WOZ is my favorite pin and I own two of them! I have a standard born Dec 2015 and a brand new RR75 born Feb 2017. I love this game and don't ever see myself selling them, especially the RR75. I bought my first WOZ without ever having played it (on the recommendation of a friend) and I have never been disappointed. What a masterpiece! I think it is only nostalgia keeping it from being in the top 5 on the top 100. Or perhaps it is the difficulty and depth that make it a better home machine than pay to play.

It might interest you here that my new game is running version 6.10. I was previously told by a support person at JJP that 6.06 was the final version and I still have that version on my standard. Perhaps 6.10 is an upcoming new/final version?

My ultimate pinball goal is to make it to SOTR with fairly standard rules. It might take me 30 years but it's going to happen! I got there cheating with the glass off and it took me almost an hour (a decent amount of that was figuring out exactly what I had to do)! It is very tough to achieve. I feel like only TSPP has a more difficult final Wizard mode as even Valinor on LOTR seems slightly easier.

Shoot that sphere with speed my pinball pugilists!

#3222 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Question..
Does anyone know the width of the WoZ lockdown bar? Mine is all bent up and I'd like to replace it. I was wondering if the Williams/Bally widebody lockdown bar would fit.
Anyone know?

I just tried putting the lockdown bar from my TZ on my WOZ and it fits perfectly (better than it fits on my TZ, actually).

#3229 7 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I know.. It's a very nice mod.
It's ok.. It will be at least 7-8 months before I am ready to install it. I have ordered replacement playfields for my game. Going to clear them and they have to wait 6 months for the clear to cure before I do the swap. I did it that way so I can keep playing my game until I am ready to rebuild it.
Oh.. and I was wondering something. My game is a standard. I was under the impression the production run on standards was unlimited. If that is indeed the case, how come my game has this sticker on the apron? There is nothing fancy about the apron. Just a standard green metal apron. It doesn't have the wood top like the EC games, etc. So what's the deal?

My standard has that as well. I guess it's cool to own one of the first thousand standards!

#3309 7 years ago
Quoted from BingoBongo:

Has anyone else had issues with their WoZ crystal ball glitching like the images I have included here?

Quoted from merccat:

Crystal ball.. yup... had to reseat the SD card and then all was good again.

Quoted from BingoBongo:

So, SD card is on the board or in the Crystal Ball? Will I need to re-hot glue where the cable goes into the ball?

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes.
Also re-seat the cable on both ends. Make sure it fits tightly against the crystal ball side and has a little slack. Enough that table rattle wont bugde it.
Try to adjust the wire-form so that it doesnt rub or vibrate the crystal ball.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

On the crystal ball and as long as you seat the cable tightly you don't necessarily need to reglue it.

Nice! You guys saved me a call to JJP. I have had this problem on BOTH of my WOZs.

1 week later
#3428 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Have a lead on a woz ecle from 2014 that supposedly had the light boards replaced. The game has no mods and is a four owner game. Conditions looks to be very nice. What price are these changing hands?
What was the cabinet style back then, direct print?
Thx
Thx

I would say $7300 would be a steal and $8000 would be a bit high so $7600-7700 range is probably pretty fair in decent condition with no major issues. I think the RR75 and mostly overblown fears of light board issues really hurt the prices on the ECLE, which is good for you as a buyer! The ECLE is very pretty too. I have a standard that I overpaid for at $7900. It was in great condition but had an intermittent light board issue (that I wasn't told about when I purchased it, perhaps they didn't know?). It turned out to be one small board. JJP support helped me find out which one was the problem, sent me a replacement at no charge and I've had zero issues since.

#3471 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

That's why I do not buy NIB Stern anymore and I will be buying a TH later and most likely be in on a preorder JJP#4

The more time that goes by, the more I enjoy my JJP pins and the more confidence I get in JJP. Stern is going to be playing catch up very soon. I might go broke buying an LE of every new JJP pin.

Quoted from Schabs81:

Just got my rr toinght 2.0 build date 2/7/17

I am jealous that it is even never than my 2/1/17 WOZRR75.

#3481 7 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Not as jealous as ME. Bought a NIB WOZRR75 2 weeks ago, over the phone, from a large distributor in CT. Stated explicitly that I was ONLY interested in purchasing a NIB with a Build Date on/after 12/15/16. Was told absolutely 100% that's what they have and that's what I would get. NIB shows up with 11/10/16 stamped on the box. I call distributor and they change their tune & tell me they can't control which box gets pulled from the warehouse. Wouldn't have bothered me TOO much, except I am having A TON of issues with this particular unit. No exaggeration. No need to bitch & complain about the specifics, but I will say that JJP has been GREAT so far in doing everything they possibly can (short of sending me a replacement machine to swap out) to try and get this m-f'ing lemon of a pinball working. They have even offered to send a local tech out to my place, on their dime. Really 'above & beyond' customer/tech support from JJP. It's the only reason I'm not freaking out right now. I've had my NIB WOZRR75 for 11 days, and I've only been able to enjoy it for maybe 2-3 hours. As of right now, it's completely unplayable, and I'm waiting for a box of replacement parts to arrive.
So yeah......NOT AS JEALOUS AS ME!!! :'(

I bought my Hobbit Smaug NIB on eBay and it was a total lemon with a ton of problems. I was so frustrated that I really thought they were going to have to send me a new game. JJP was similarly great to me with it. I bought my WOZRR direct from JJP with playfield protector so I knew it would be a brand new game.

#3508 7 years ago

What is the easiest way to rack up a lot of points on WOZ? I am just a mediocre player and have only scored a high of 333,000 after around 50 games. I'd like to crack a million. What is the fastest way to do this? I don't care about progression through the game for this particular goal.

#3513 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Its all about stacking. When you get multiball and you get ramp shot for twister, focus on that not other balls get munchkinland going with multiball and others crystal ball. First ball on a game i played tonight was 455,000 . I sucked it up on other 2balls finished with a 520,000 something. Im still learning to just got my rr last week

Thank you! I had a first ball with Rescue, Emerald City and Haunted Forest Multiballs and went crazy for about 760,000 points then my next two balls sucked and I ended with 806,000 and change! Not yet a million but more than double my previous high!

#3544 7 years ago
Quoted from redacted:

I took a closer look at the Munchkinland edge on my game. It's definitely been hit by the ball next to the ramp entrance, I've just never noticed. You can't see it from the playing position, and it's not very prominent even close up. But it's there.
I also realized that the edge of the mini-playfield could look better. There's an unsightly rind of dried clearcoat on the top edge, and one of the plies has a spot of ugly discoloration as well.
I cannot unsee what I've seen, I need a Cliffy just like everyone else, both for protection and for aesthetic value.

Man, now I might have to look...

3 weeks later
#3654 6 years ago

WOZ is the current pinnacle of pinball, IMO.

1 month later
#3846 6 years ago

I'd like to buy the following mods:
- Forest light
- tree eye lights
- black wizard sheath
- throne room fire pots
- Dorothy and company figures
- lighted winkie

Where/who are the best places to get these?

Also, are there good blades for this game?

2 weeks later
#3910 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I always thought there should be something there, so I came up with this.

That's awesome!

2 weeks later
#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Thought I may have read this somewhere but can't seem to find it....
Wanted to move the post on the left outlane (state fair side). Wanted to move inward to close the lane. There is a hole there, tried, but the metal guide is in the way, can't seem to get it to go. Was there an easy fix for this? It must work somehow just can't figure it out. Thanks.

I bent mine with a big pair of pliers...

1 month later
#4110 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be interested in options regarding Woz, many have owned Woz 3+ years. Interested to hear from longtime owners love the game still? I'm planning to get my own RR late to the party but I'm mainly interested in a long term relationship. Hopefully Woz is something that's timeless and gets better with age. I've not played Woz enough to say yet but I think I've played enough to have an idea.
Particularly regarding the code, I believe Tspp is (in my experience) the best pinball code plus LotR. Hopefully Woz code is as good or better than those great games. It's surely gotten enough time to develop and many updates. I've been advised from other owners how great Woz is, and especially since I'm all about the code it sounds like exactly the pin for me.
Was debating DI (newer) but kept coming back to Woz especially after viewing some tutorials as up to now I really didn't understand what was going on (have just read the rules a few times also).

TSPP, WOZ and LOTR probably make up the top 3 deepest games of all time. WOZ has a lot of gimmicks and a ton of shots and flippers just like TZ. If you love TSPP, LOTR and TZ, you will love WOZ. For me it's my #1 favorite game ever and I cannot see selling either of mine (one in my parents' basement) for a long time. It would be the last pin I'd sell currently. My RR WOZ is the crown jewel of my collection.

#4132 6 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sorry for the simple question, but googling or searching Pinside brings up a zillion false positives.
What exactly does the crystal ball do for gameplay?
Also, I'm about 6'4" and I had to bend down to see the ball's video. Is it adjustable?
... Altan

I am 6'1" and I would need to be about 5" shorter to see it correctly. I just ignore it.

I killed the Witch for the first time tonight and set a new GC score. I am hoping that some day I can get to SOTOR. My favorite game of all time continues to enthrall me.

I am also ordering a bunch of mods for the flagship of my collection. I only have the red smoke mod at this point.

#4135 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I am 6' 2" and I can see it clearly...I look at it all the time, its fun!

Are you 6'2" in guy height or actual height? I am 6'2" in guy height.

OK, joking aside...how? Do you lean way over when you play? Did you adjust it somehow? I have two WOZ and both appear to be made for someone about 5'7".

#4138 6 years ago

I think I stand pretty tall when playing pinball. I believe my arms are nearly straight. Oh well, the crystal ball doesn't really matter anyway.

1 month later
#4260 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry should have been clearer. I have the GI pinbulb kit installed. That's what I was referring to when I said I updated the GI.

Where did you get this? My 2017 RR is fine but my 2015 standard could use it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
13,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, NC
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.