image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#229 9 years ago

I’m enjoying my woz, but the wife has a few questions and I don’t know the answer, so maybe I can get some help here, (see how I blamed her. )
1) The good witch’s magic wand (the center target between the ramps) how do you relight it?
2) When plunging the ball hard trying to go to the haunted forest. The ball seems to hang up on something. Near top dead center unless it’s hit just right is this the intended action? Or do I need to figure out what it’s hitting and make an adjustment?
3) When trying to rescue Dorothy you hit a loop shot instead it locks a ball and you have to relight rescue again, what is the purpose and how do you unlock that ball? Dose it turn rescue dorath into a 3 ball multiball?
4) I get a lot of kickbacks from the crystal ball is that common? Or does it need attention? Or do I just need to not suck so much at it? : )
5)

#236 9 years ago

Thanks for the answers so far it looks like 1&3 have been cleared up. anybody else on 2&4 .

Quoted from Jvspin:

Part of the design. There is a slight bend in the right hand metal guide under the munchkin playfield that causes this. Some people have tried to straighten the guide but it is like this on all the machines.

So are you saying that just how it is? Oh! as long as I'm thinking about it why when you shoot the outer loop under the munchkin play field the magnet at the top sometimes grabs the ball and then just releases it?( unrelated to when the winged monkey is lit and it holds it for the monkey)

anybody else have a problem with making the crystal ball shot?

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Roll the ball manually around the loop.. see if it gets around (it should as you are making the right orbit many times during a game) it may just be that the entry ball rail at the end of the shooter lane is slightly misaligned and the ball sometimes hits it leaving the shooter causing it to bounce around and not go around cleanly.

thanks Alex .I'll try that and let you know

#240 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I stand corrected. Thanks for the answers Alex.
I'll have to take a look at the exit to my shooter lane now.
Orbits are smooth and never hang up.
Auto-plunge often makes it around without hanging up.
A hard normal plunge hangs up.
I thought this was normal operation.

yes thanks Alex, mine operates the exact same way, maybe I need to work on a more skillful plunge if I want to get it all the way around .

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Crystal ball is a tight shot.. There isn't an issue with that one because they are solid posts but definitely have to make a perfect shot.

Is that a nice way of saying I just suck at that shot lol!

#243 9 years ago

Ok, I think I'm onto something I just played a few games and noticed that when you pull the plunger back and hold it you can feel a small amount of play in it, (normal). so if you pull down towards the floor a little as you let the plunger go it strikes the pinball maybe just a little above center which maybe puts a little spin on it like a cue ball in poll,and it comes out of the shooter lane cleanly, and it goes around 90% of the time. does that make sense? If not disregard I'm just rambling.

2 weeks later
#256 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

This happens whenever the "lanes" hurryup is active. If you look just above the inlane switches, you will see three different hurryups listed: rainbow targets, top lanes, and wizard's throne room.

Oh, ok so what do you get if you do all the hurry ups? Which there never is enough time for.
Also what advances the yellow brick road, and what do you get if you make it to the end?
And is there somewhere in the menu where you can increase the time on the 2nd Toto save?
There seems to be enough time for the first one shot, but not the 2nd 2 shot.
And on fireball frenzy is the object to hit the witch or make the blue shots?
Sorry for the amount of questions..

#260 9 years ago

thanks DaveH, I'm still trying to melt that witch... I get almost to it then I lose it.. maybe I need a a ball or 2..

1 week later
#296 9 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

So this has me wondering - does just dry-firing the flippers really wear them much, vs a flipper hitting a ball..... I would think allot more force works against the coil sleeve (and entire flipper mech) when a ball is actually hit.

Or without hitting the ball the shaft hits the stop with more force causing it to ware ( mushroom) faster.
just a thought..

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

i did the search loop tweak last night, man that really does make a diff, glad i finally did it.

OH I missed that. can you please explain what that is ? Thanks

#309 9 years ago

I blow a fuse..where can I get them from. #409 I think. 3A 250v.delay . they seem shorter then your normal buzz fuze.

1 month later
#435 9 years ago

Is there any way to spin the house instead of lock the ball.. seems like when ever I want to spin the house there's always a lock ready...

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from May:

What is the point of #different color horses#, only a bonus?

Ya I'm a little confused on the whole horse thing.. It seems to have become more interracial part of the game (4.0) I'm hearing more horse sounds. The shots hard, is it even worth shooting for?

#457 9 years ago

Thanks Taylor, but can someone explain the whole thing, or point me to it ,if it's been discussed already thanks .A lot of strands in the dude's head.

2 weeks later
#492 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

So, I was getting rejects from the search loop, found the fix, and now that's working great.
Next up is the launch hanging up under the munchkin playfield. If I give it about 60%, it will sometimes go all the way around into the forest, but at 100%, it rarely does. Anyone else seen this? Any fixes?

whats the search loop? on the plunge I've seen that I think the ball jumps a little and doesn't follow the outside wall but if I apply a little downward pressure on the plunger before I let it go it changes where it strikes the ball and sends it all the way through. try that and lmk if that works. or I'm nuts.

2 months later
#523 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Has anyone had any issue with feedback when connecting a sub? I seem to get a constant hum despite where my crossover is set. This by all means could be a problem with my sub and not the machine. Just curious if anyone else has hooked up a sub to WOZ.

could be a ground loop hum. try not grounding the sub. try a cheater plug and see if that helps?

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Will do, thanks! Is there any other way to fix a grounding hum without using a cheater plug?

Isolation transformer

2 months later
#568 9 years ago

Melt the witch...ARGGG I get so close!!
the problem is after I fail at it everything resets. and you have to start all over..
so after I fail I don't even want to finish the game..

4 weeks later
#643 9 years ago

I'm still 0 for .... the witch is throwing a shut out!!

#674 9 years ago

wait a min... are you shooting the witch to melt her? I thought you had to make all the blue shots to melt her...while not loosing one of the balls..

3 months later
#852 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Well I'm officially in the club. I have to say I'm totally impressed with the construction of this machine. The attention to detail is awesome.Gary over at Abel was just great to work with.sent me a tracking number in less than 24 hours the machine was in my possession. Now I have to learn the ruleset ,wow there's a lot to do on this thing. One of the things I enjoy about Wizard of Oz is that my non-pinball friends enjoy it just as much. Thanks again Gary and Jack.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-158.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-229.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

congrats great game!. is the cab decaled?

6 months later
#981 8 years ago

Nice is the witch a mod ot part of the ruby red package?

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yeah, weird to see a witch in the tube. Just looks odd. This was the Modfather's witches well. Much more natural and less glare. I'm not a fan of test tube witches!

Ya that's what I was talking about the well, I would like to have one of those . I'm not a fan of the tube.

1 year later
#4404 6 years ago

Check out my home made quilted machine cover.

20170922_173946 (resized).jpg20170922_173946 (resized).jpg
20170922_174000 (resized).jpg20170922_174000 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4458 6 years ago

also check that the plunger isn't binding, mine came with the wrong sleeve on it. and let theplunge move and rub on the bracket

6 months later
#5402 5 years ago

question does jjp still make any WOZ with CC cabinets?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 16.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

14,685 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonycip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=tonycip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.