20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg
WOZ lightboard 2 (resized).jpg
WOZ lightboard 1 (resized).jpg
20240309_110050 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8223 4 years ago

As mentioned previously skip the dongle and plug directly into the computer. I had a similar problem with my RR and it worked that way. I agree with you that it doesn’t make much sense as to why it’s working on one and not the other.

8 months later
#10006 4 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

You might want to revise your ad with what version of board, buffered or not, etc. Potential buyers will be asking.

Was just thinking that same thing

1 year later
#12424 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah once you've seen it a few times it's not a big deal.

Let me ask you this....Why is the physical ball lock on Wonka a must have, but the lock on Woz a hard pass? They are basically the same thing correct? Everyone can like what they like obviously. I would argue, that the lock on Wonka is kind of simplistic and unimaginative. When compared to the Monkey lock on Woz. Is it because it could potentially be more of a pain to keep working?

#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Honestly it's that. I already lubed my monkey once and it's already slowing and dropping the ball again.
It's not a big deal to lube it again, but it's kinda messy as the first time you run it, it flings lube all over your room.
I would very happily trade my ECLE for a YBR and just do without it.
I do not mind fixing a thing on a pin. In fact I enjoy it. I do mind chronic repairs to the same thing repeatedly though.

I do get that point completely. Pinball is a constant battle is it not?

#12448 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Not the thin oil for spinners, the grease.
Sil-glide for gearboxes and bearings and such.
amazon.com link »

I’ve never had to lube my monkey and it still works just fine. Just lucky I guess. Lol

9 months later
#13232 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just some thought about using mylar, in this case the ball is hitting the side of the upper pf. by hitting the side it's, basically, hitting the side of the clear causing the clear to lift and ultimately lift or crack. I would think, and this is just my opinion, the mylar being a soft material wouldn't fully protect the area. The Cliffy is made of a solid material thus it doesn't allow the ball to repeatedly hit the clear.
Again, this is just my thoughts and by no means do I have anything to back it up.

You would think, but Mylar has worked for me pretty well. Put some on very early on and it seems to do the job. Although I’m sure part of that is huo with low plays. TBH most huo games don’t need protectors installed I’ve found. Maybe I take it easy on my games. Had a protector on my X-men that actually impacted ball movement. Eventually had to remove it.

1 year later
#14731 11 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I purchased a Woz with the 7.5 buffered boards and was repeatedly told there were no issues, they were solid, I shouldn't worry, he didn't have any issues, ever. Within the first 2 hours of play, whole segments of the lighting failed. I bought a set of used 7.5 boards (they're easy to find when people do the 2.0 upgrade), and I replaced the bad boards. I continued to get failures and continued to replace boards on a regular basis.
I finally had enough. I found a set of 2.0 boards and installed them. Zero issues since. Good luck, YMMV.

That’s just bad luck. Lol. I’ve had my ruby red since 2015 with 7.5 and zero issues. Have a spare 7.5 for backup and haven’t had to use them. (Knock on wood).

#14744 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, this is exactly why I prefer the 2.0 system - because even though I have a few GI LEDs that won't display white the game is 100% playable. When the 7.5 boards failed (twice when I was hosting people/league) I had to take the game out of service until I could replace the board.

This makes complete sense. However people can't be certain that they won't have problems with 2.0 either....Sterns have problems with Node boards failing...Should they all be discounted? All pins have problems and issues. If you as a consumer can't accept that then this hobby may not be for you. BTW this is not directed at you Bobukcat...Just used your statement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

14,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Wanted
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=tomn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.