image (resized).jpg
767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1516 7 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Played a few games just now. Looks like the monkey is picking up the ball a bit off center, and that's what's causing the ball to drop off the playfield.

This is exactly what's happening to me - I've just taken a look and the monkey plastic is touching the door post when all the way up - if the ball were anywhere near the centre there would be no problem, but it looks like it's being picked up by the washer, when the monkey reaches the top it releases, and most of the time the ball simply lands on that protective foam strip they added, and rolls off the edge.

Has anyone solved this? The monkey can't go further up the mech unless I go cutting parts out of the plastic, when parked up there the magnet is actually further to the left of centre and in perfect position. Also can someone tell me which way their magnet core is facing? There's a cut out of the washer, mine faces forwards. meaning the 'channel' in the magnet core is horizontal. It seems impossible to change this, the part is all fixed together. Not sure what to do about this one, I don't want to remove the foam (theres 2 thin strips) because then the ball might pick up damage from landing on the metal edge.

#1517 7 years ago

Now I look at the video frame by frame, it looks like it's actually rolling / bouncing out from inside of the rubber edge. Seems that when the motor jerks to a stop the ball moves to the left then releases, hits the wireform on the left of the captive area giving it enough momentum to bounce & roll up the foam. So I want the monkey to move slightly less far.

Edit: had to put quite a bit of extra bend in the switch - the mech is now stopping 3-4mm further back than it was before along the runner, ball feed is really clean now. I'd still like to know what orientation people have on their magnets as this seems like something that wouldn't be a problem if the magnet was turned 90 degrees.

#1526 7 years ago

My celebration was in error - the monkey is still dropping the ball onto the playfield every time... It seems like it would be easy to improve in code, when the monkey stops, wait half a second and then drop the ball. I need a higher frame rate camera because testing this and getting a clear picture of what the problem still is, is hard.

#1531 7 years ago

Ok, finally. I had to adjust the switch even more, it's about 6mm away from the original position. That's such a relief, it was spoiling the game for me.

The machine is nearly dialled in perfectly now. I just need to adjust the ball lock release coil for times when 3 balls are locked, and I'm still in the process of dialling down a few of the coils (already down in places from the factory). You can bring the State Fair one right down and that playfield area still works well.

Also putting a ball saver on just long enough to catch balls that make the orbit from plunge but brush the upper pop bumper skirt and go straight to Toto.

I'm happy I picked this game over Ghostbusters in the end.

#1534 7 years ago

I'd be curious to hear from other UK owners about your coil settings. Mine were mostly down from the factory defaults when I got it, but I've found myself dialling several of them down further still. I've got the state fair one right down at 6 now and it's less crazy than it was meaning the 'light nudge' game works instead of going to make tea while it slams all 5 targets 20 times each, normal pops at 8 which has definitely toned them down a bit, anything past 10 is overkill. The trough is now at 8 from the 20 or so it started at and the balls no longer slam into the wooden rail, they just quietly pop into the groove like they should.

I like having this ability to tune the game.

4 weeks later
#1689 7 years ago

I was wondering what coil power adjustments people here have made. Most of mine are now turned down below defaults (pops, vuks, trough etc) because after testing, they just work fine without that extra power. However the number of airballs I was getting from bad ramp shots was pretty high, and dropping the flippers to 20 last night seems to have really calmed it down. The game does feel a little less snappy to play but the orbit is still solid and you can still hit the ramp parked from either flipper.

It would be really interesting to hear what other people have done, and their table incline. Mine is as close to dead on 6.5 as I could get it. My current settings (some of these from the factory just made no sense at all):

Trough: 8 (came supplied at 16, twice the default!!! this was causing the wood side rail to dent)
Auto launch: 24
Drop Target Reset: 16 (supplied at 20...)
Shaker: medium (not installed)
Left Flipper: 20
Right Flipper: 20
Upper Right Flipper: 20
Castle Flipper: 10 (supplied at 6.... could barely hit the door)
Munchkinland Flipper: 12
Left Tree: 8
Right Tree: 8
Centre Tree: 8
State Fair: 6 (all bumpers are about half the shipped values and still very 'active', this one needed even less though)
Left Sling: 4
Right Sling: 4
Top Lanes Sling: 2 (like this from factory, I think it might need increasing)
Crystal Ball VUK: 13
Throne Room VUK: 12
Winkie Guard VUK: 12
Castle Doors VUK: 20
1-Ball kick: 200
2-Ball kick: 190
3-Ball kick: 170 (had to reduce all three significantly from shipped/default due to multiple ball release)
Diverter hold: 8

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider system11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=system11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.