Topic Stats

• 9,907 posts
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by calfdemon
  • Topic is favorited by 240 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,357 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C8C6E50A-7579-481C-A043-0E525F8E6A9F (resized).jpeg
Wizard of Oz Escape 094 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 081 (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 064(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 052(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 046(1) (resized).jpg
Wizard of Oz Escape 037(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 061(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 044(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 040(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 033(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 031(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 020(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 018(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 016(1) (resized).jpg
Final Oz 006(1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (5 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (3 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (11 months ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (11 months ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (10 months ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (10 months ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spg101.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3119 3 years ago

Just bought my first pin a new WoZ 75th. Doesn't get delivered until tomorrow. Planning a family game night tomorrow and they have no idea, should be fun!

My son took me to an 80's arcade a couple of months ago and I was hooked again. Went to look at the WoZ and it blew me away. Guy said it left the factory on January 7th and is number 138. I asked about play field protectors and he said it didn't need it. Anything you think I should do immediately to help protect it?

#3129 3 years ago

Well after paying for 2 days the game is AWESOME! The machine has been running nonstop since the unveiling Friday. While it’s a pricey entry fee it was worth it. The kids and even the wife like it. I think we’ll be keeping this game around for quite some time Does anyone know how many of these machines are out there in total including ECLE, RR, 75th and standard? This look great in my office....

IMG_0652 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3164 3 years ago

What's up with the slipper Delam on the shoes? I plan to own my game for many years to come. Should I order some now and if so what should I order? Ordered Cliffy's protectors but my munchkin land playing field has already chipped. JJP won't warranty so I'm paying for it. Kind of sucks since the chip happened in less than two weeks...

#3194 3 years ago

I saw some posts on people continually scoring in excess is 600k. You playing 3 or 5 ball? Am I that bad? Best so far is 199k!?

#3264 3 years ago

Not many mechanics on this forum I guess. I wanted a new flat screen tv when they were they were $2k for a 46". I bought 6 in various states of disrepair and fixed them.... a few mods don't scare me...

#3265 3 years ago

Hell, MI. Ha! Spent 15 years in Detroit arrea !

1 week later
#3343 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Do you mind taking a pic of this software revision as shown in the menu screen on your game and posting? I am wanting to follow up on this to see if I can find out what the deal is with this version.

Can you share which JJP dealer told you this? I'd like to find out if this is indeed the case before I start on my routed WoZ restore.
EDIT: Maybe this is old news, but the proof is in the documentation. Guess what? All WoZ games produced after 12/15/2016 have the WoZ 2.0 lighting system. It is very very similar to the system used in Hobbit - it has a BAG board like Hobbit and a Comms Hub board.
Attached is a screenshot of the opening paragraph in the latest manual that specifically lays out how the new 2.0 light system works.
So it's true. WoZ 2.0 lighting system is a complete re-do of the light board system similar to how Hobbit is done.
Hopefully JJP will come up with some type of kit to replace the old serial system with the new parallel system. Here's hoping they do it AND make it affordable.

Interesting, it would appear my machine was manufactured on 12/15/16 but I received the "old" manual with mine. Hoping I have the new system...

#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

What number is your machine?

Weirdest thing. I thought all of these were numbered with a placard but mine doesn't have one. I thought I even saw that they were all supposed to be numbered but I went back to the JJP site and it's not there anymore. I asked the seller and they said they have a really screwy numbering system so you can "order the number you want" so it doesn't mean they were produced in order. The last three of the SN are 133.

#3348 3 years ago

I hadn't checked but just did. Stickers, plastics, tilt, key chain tags but no placard.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Let's see a pic of the bottom of the playfield.. Several pics actually..
Since your production date is right on the line between WoZ 1.0 and 2.0 I'd be curious to know which system you ended up with.
I have to say the cynic in me thinks they probably did not publicize anything about the upgraded light system on WoZ 2.0 so they wouldn't sabotage sales of 1.0 games still left in inventory or on the line.

Any of these help? I didn't look to see exactly where the light boards are. Dealer did tell me it has the upgrade.... but...

Under WoZ 1 (resized).JPG
Under WoZ 2 (resized).JPG
Under WoZ 3 (resized).JPG
Under WoZ 4 (resized).JPG

#3357 3 years ago

Thank you! I was wondering after reading everything. I assumed the "big green things" were the light boards. Good to know. I have a friend coming over to look at mine to see if he wants to purchase one. This game is awesome...

#3358 3 years ago

Schabs81, sorry no mods yet. Still enjoying "as is"

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Suggestion....
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Cliffy has something like 15 protector pieces available for this game. Do yourself a favor and buy them all. It will help protect your investment.

Radius118 . The Ciffy's arrived yesterday, full set and even got a T-shirt. I already have a chip in my upper playing field but JJP sent me a new one . I will get them on ASAP.

#3368 3 years ago

I don't know if the chip was already there or not. I was still in the ether when it arrived. Need to get that Cliffy on the munchkin playfield first. Looks like a pain in the butt to install.

#3399 3 years ago

Zutton1, appears to be centered on mine.

IMG_0688 (resized).JPG

IMG_0689 (resized).JPG

#3414 3 years ago

Ok, this just plain sucks. I have my office right below my son's room. WoZ is a work of art right....? It's art in my office.. He goes to bed and the machine is just too loud even muted... No fun late at night...

1 week later
#3496 2 years ago

Need some help on my WoZ Munchkin land Cliffy install. #1 does the playfield tilt up anymore to give easier acces? #2 I don't see a 4 pin white/gray connector or the 2 pin violet/black connector per WoZ manual page e-4.

IMG_0703 (resized).JPG

IMG_0711 (resized).JPG

IMG_0710 (resized).JPG

#3498 2 years ago

Ok, going through disconnecting everything I can find coonected. Do you have to unplug the 3 pin orange/black connector or the red brown and blue on the board?

IMG_0716 (resized).JPG

#3499 2 years ago

I also don't see a need to disconnect the data cable on the main board, does not run where the manual says it does.

image (resized).jpg

#3501 2 years ago

Uhm, no I haven't... Good idea before I go any further.... Thank you!

#3503 2 years ago

Uhg, sorry didn't see your comment until now. Only pics I too were before and after. Only did the Munchkin playfield so far. The removal directions did not change from the latest version and are incorrect, but as I was pulling that playfield out I found the communication cable, it's there! Well that part is done!

IMG_0717 (resized).JPG

#3519 2 years ago

I have a hard time with you saying you don't have any impact damage or chips. Mine chipped in two weeks. Look closely at the munchkin field near the Glenda target. While waiting on Cliffy's I got a second chip. Just installed the Cliffy's and wish I would have put that one on before play one. If you don't have any chips consider yourself lucky and order the Cliffy's now! Pain in the butt to install but completely worth it. BTW I must really suck at playing this game. My high score is only about 229,000. After reading all the scores I'm trying to improve my scores. Can only play a few games a day with two kids and working 60-70 hours a week and fixing everything that breaks around the house...

#3528 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think someone said that they might have put some weather stripping on as a temporary measure until they got their cliffy, but I could be making that up.
Frankly, you should bite the bullet and install the cliffy. The piece of mind alone once it is done is worth it. I'm like you. I get extremely nervous about these types of things. And, despite what others said about this not being so bad, I found it pretty difficult. But, I don't have a lot of experience. Still, I got through it. Just follow the instructions and take it slow. When you put everything back together, double check the placement of the wires under the playfield. Make sure they are clear of the munchkinland flipper or it could affect the lights when you flip. Again, you'll feel better when you do this. Believe me, if I can get through it, anyone can.

While I am somewhat mechanically inclined I have never in my life been into a pinball machine. This was my first experience. As someone in the forum said "just disconnect all the connectors that run to the play field. I did not pull it out 100% but labeled all the connectors as I was removing. (I could have but seemed like more of a pain in the A$$ than it needed to be) Someone said it should take an 1/2 hour, me moving slow and labeling all the connectors took the better part of a couple of hours. I wanted to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. I semi-removed, drilled with tapped bit and no problems. If you're even semi mechanically inclined it's not too bad. Easy, no but doable. I highly recommend the cliffy. Here is a pic of how I labeled the connectors.

WoZ conector labeling (resized).JPG

#3549 2 years ago

I have not been able to get a single "RESCUE" on the upper castle pf. Appears my upper flipper is not resting at full back hindering my power. Any recommendations? Here's a pic.

IMG_0736 (resized).JPG

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

I am officially in!!! Just took delivery of my RRWOZ today! I've played at shows and on location, but holy cow this thing is beautiful in a game room! All my other games just look old next to it.

Sweet, Congratulations! I'm still thrilled with mine after owning since January! I still suck at playing but getting better! I feel you really need to play with the settings after about a month to "tilt" it toward your taste. There is so much to do in this game.

#3577 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Welcome and congrats on a bueatiful game! But man get help next time... you only have one back and WOZ is one of the heaviest games I've ever had. Seriously built like a tank.

OMG, little love taps on the machine. Didn't hood up the "tilt" and now that I have i can't tilt the darn thing.... it's too heavy! I actually tried to tilt it and no joy.... obviously I was't too rough but you get the idea..... thing weighs a ton! I expect it to last a long, long time.....

#3579 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Spg... if you haven't already, get yourself on the wait list for the red smoke mod. It's seriously worth both the wait and the price. I can't imagine my machine without it anymore.

Who do I get it from? PM with details if you don't mind. This machine is the cat's meow! have played it every day since I got it. Looking for another now. Told the wife, if one toy goes I need to replace with another... LOL!

#3595 2 years ago

Noooooooo! I love my WoZ, I love my WoZ, I love my WoZ.....

1 week later
#3648 2 years ago

If you just ordered it it'll have the 2.0 board! Mr RR is awesome!

#3650 2 years ago

What number do you have?

image (resized).jpg

#3666 2 years ago

I have to say there is another thread out there on what to do with WoZ right out of the box and someone mentioned the roll overs. I had seen the ball go right over tin man many times and not register and was frustrated. I adjusted the contacts and played with it a little and got it "just right ". I now got multiple ECMB on my first game and on my second game I got my second highest score yet after the adjustment. Great game!

#3668 2 years ago

Ok, found the reason my castle flipper would not stay put. Any idea where I can get one?

IMG_0787 (resized).JPG

#3672 2 years ago

Thanks guys! Was already working on that before I checked back. Machine is back up and running and the kids are playing it!

#3674 2 years ago

Where the hell did you get that?

#3675 2 years ago

Uh, what would you even call that? It's not a "Topper", is it a "Bottomer"?

#3676 2 years ago

Not that I would like this mod .... but everyone strand back and no one will get hurt... just TELL ME WHERE GOT IT!

1 week later
#3747 2 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I turned on the ball save, widened the outlanes, & switched it to 5 balls. (Some may scoff, but it made the game much more fun for me & especially my 4-year-old boy.)
Then, after a few months, I started figuring out enough of the basic rules to make the game interesting & challenging.
Now, I think the game is fabulous. My boy loves it. I've melted the witch 3x (twice in one game...which I had to walk away from because I was later for dinner--argh!!!), & that's such a blast that I've experienced on no other machine.
It really really shines in a home environment. For me, playing on location was not very representative at all of playing it in my home.
Moral? If you have room/time/patience, try it out for a while & see if you like it. Hopefully, you buy at a good price so you have the option of reselling, so there's no pressure to make yourself like it.
Thanks,
-Jason

I have an 11 year old and we are running 5 ball, what is this "ball save" you speak of? I may even lower the threshold for for additional balls if possible and turn it back to three ball. Someone mention why string out a game that's not going well and kill it early, I kind of like the thought of that.

3 weeks later
#3879 2 years ago

Ok, I'm not as good as a lot of people on this site but just got my highest score ever!

IMG_0935 (resized).JPG

#3882 2 years ago

Yeah, I think high score #1 is set at the factory during testing or something..

3 weeks later
#3953 2 years ago

Remove the rail screws

#3955 2 years ago

I had the same question and Loyd advised me the same. LOL!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spg101.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside