767a905f-f768-44f4-b3e3-b2998967ff3c_text.gif
Photo Mar 30 2024, 5 42 30 PM (resized).jpg
20240316_125739 (resized).jpg
20240314_221748 (resized).jpg
20240314_215727 (resized).jpg
841FD4A1-7C8E-4E32-973D-DD8D05C4902E (resized).png
3D72BC84-0D17-44A1-B683-A17D4B722FF3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by TigerLaw (10 years ago)

Post #2584 Fan Replacement details Posted by bhwolf (7 years ago)

Post #7017 How to tell if your WOZ has 2.0 boards Posted by f3honda4me (5 years ago)

Post #7022 Balls not making it to shooter lane from trough - Fix Posted by LTG (5 years ago)

Post #7126 Location of the latest software update/version Posted by mavantix (5 years ago)

Post #7128 Update 7.01 notes - released April 16, 2019 Posted by thewool (5 years ago)

Post #7752 Fan Replacement how to and links Posted by f3honda4me (4 years ago)

Post #11015 Adjustment advice for the monkey Posted by LTG (3 years ago)

Post #12537 7.03 Code Release Posted by bobukcat (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soulrider911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4978 6 years ago

Man that is Terrible, I was lucky with my one and only NIB, and made a noob mistake of signing immediately. Now I now... never again best of luck!

3 months later
#5421 5 years ago

Need your input fellow WOZ owners. I have have gone back and forth about getting one for over a year and finally going to do it. I have 2 great options near me:
1) ECLE - 2015 older boards around 800 plays seller asking 8250
2) Ruby Red 2017 model, flawless 250 plays seller asking 9000.

Both seem high on price what would you guys recommend ? Both machine and price thank you!

#5423 5 years ago

Thanks Pimp77 I’m leaning towards the RR, also single owner the ECLE is multiple. I was thinking fair price would be 8500.00 is that high?

#5425 5 years ago

Thanks pinballinreno this is very helpful knowledge. What mods would I need to basically make it match the RR edition?

I Think it’s the caste walls, Toto And tornado?

#5434 5 years ago

Thanks for all the input guys, so the lowest he will go on the ECLE is 7500. I’d be willing to do it for 7250

Question, where can I get a nib for 9k?? If I could find that price I’d be all about it... cheapest I have seen is 9500+shipping

#5462 5 years ago

Hey guys anyone have a recommendation on the best dealer to order a woz RR from? The best price I have found is 9500.00 + shipping from automated. But I keep hearing I can get one for 9k but where?

#5489 5 years ago

Finally got to put in some actual time on a woz... well 2 of them actually st the golden state pin all festival. Man! I love it what a great game. I just kept coming back for more.

That upper playfield is so challenging and fun, same with the House. The sounds and light show WOW. Seriously one of the best and most beautiful games out there

#5522 5 years ago

Hey guys, so I have a question for ya'll. I'm about to order a WOZ. But, I'm thinking of getting a standard, and powder coating all the trim green (LIke the ECLE) as I personally love the green, but want 2.0 system.

Other than some visual nick nacks (castle doors, toto, tornado etc..) is there any real difference between the RR and standard? thanks

#5525 5 years ago

I noticed that http://pinballs.com has some ECLE's in stock.. but don't appear to be the original ECLE's that JJP sold... rather some green version that they are claiming is ECLE??? I called and the sales rep said they were made specifically for them? ANyone have an input...

I'm a little hesitant to order from them as I have read countless posts of bad experiences ordering from pinballs.com

1 month later
#5717 5 years ago

Picking up a WOZ next week! Needless to say I’m very excited been wanting one for like a year and a half. Giving up my amazing T2 for it and I know I won’t regret it

#5724 5 years ago

I don’t even have my WOZ yet and I’m already ordering mods haha. Very excite!

#5736 5 years ago

Just picked up my ECLE WOZ! One of the last production models. Has 7.5 boards and only 24 plays!!

E062D519-EA25-4855-B08B-E4D0A44B4E9E (resized).jpegE062D519-EA25-4855-B08B-E4D0A44B4E9E (resized).jpeg
#5737 5 years ago

Well I got my WOZ in my house, fire up... and... bunch of lights out . I am new to JJP, so not sure really where to start... sadly I have a feeling its a lamp board or boards. This does have the 7.5v, and with such low plays kinda hard to believe it would be a board.

LED's 1-37 are not working

Any chance there is a fuse I can check or connections? Love any help thanks so much!
lights (resized).pnglights (resized).png

#5739 5 years ago

Sadly I did not get to, the seller assured me it was 100% working. At this point not sure the evidence is supporting that.

To “bypass” a board do I just go into the menu and start turning them off?

#5742 5 years ago

Thanks LTG it’s crazy the seller claims everything was 100% working yesterday... what if anything could have wiggled loose in transporting? Or can rough vibration toast a board?

#5746 5 years ago

Thanks for the help arcadenerd925 LTG out of curiosity I pulled up the sellers listing... sure enough even in the photos the lights are out. Super frustrating.

So that rules out transporting causing this. it’s gotta be a bad board and he just didn’t disclose it, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and believe he didn’t notice... but really

#5750 5 years ago

OK, found the culprit, the data connector going from 56 to 26, on the green end, the ground wire had backed itself out. shoved it back in and hot glued it until i can order a replacement. Speaking of replacement where do i order one? I Could not find it on the part page.

Also, my WOZ head led seems to be out... this common, and should i order another from JJP? or can i use a 12 one I have from comet? Thanks

woz (resized).pngwoz (resized).png
#5752 5 years ago

I guess this LED is notorious for going out ya?

ALso my machine has 06.61 is that the latest or should i update? thanks

One last thing... im getting some SUPER annoying vibration between the glass and side rails, cause the sub and music. I noticed the side rails on this game are not using doubled sided tape, and thus are kinda loose allowing little movement thus vibration

#5754 5 years ago

Thanks arcadenerd925 and idea where to buy this “special tape” also loving your fun house restoration!

Nevermind found it! Flipper fidelity sells it

#5757 5 years ago

Ok guys im going to order some mods for my WOZ but had some questions. Mainly the castle walls. I was thinking of going with the modfather one with the witches well. Any reason not to get the modfather one over the back alley creations one? thanks

#5760 5 years ago

Right that’s why I asked which casket walls as I know he’s not making that mod right now

#5762 5 years ago

So I also want to put an led in the state fair balloon... and I’m use to Williams, the wiring harnesses in this game is nuts, where / how do I tap into a gi circuit? Or power? Thank you

#5764 5 years ago

Thanks LTG so any leds added need to be 12v essentially?

#5771 5 years ago

well just ordered a ton of goodies from Back Alley. Got the combo and added the emerald city.

I'm thinking about getting Pin Stadium, I don't have them on any of my machines. Though I think it's an amazing product I have always been concerned that it may detract from the intended presentation of the games, as they have are pretty dramatic effect.

Combo_set_all_3_woz_mods_480x480 (resized).jpgCombo_set_all_3_woz_mods_480x480 (resized).jpgTop_city_wizard_of_oz_480x480 (resized).jpgTop_city_wizard_of_oz_480x480 (resized).jpg
#5784 5 years ago

Winkie target in! Such a must for this game.

23DA051C-4847-4278-85B1-9FD9C2276A75 (resized).jpeg23DA051C-4847-4278-85B1-9FD9C2276A75 (resized).jpeg
#5788 5 years ago

Hey guys about to order some cliffy’s for my woz but good lord... there is like a massive amount of options. I was thinking vuks, drop target and shooter lane... any suggestions? Cheers

1 week later
#5846 5 years ago

Have you guys had good support from JJP with issues? I keep hearing they are the best in the industry, but I'm yet to see that. I called about 2 weeks ago, about 3 times, and always went to VM. I left a message and have heard nothing? Maybe there is a secret I am missing?

1 week later
#5871 5 years ago

Nepi23 i just got a piece of paper, and trimmed it a bit and put it in that area then drew out roughly the shape needed to protect the area in front of the drop target and then cut some mylar and boom.

#5879 5 years ago

Ohh Nepi23 my bad I just realized your covering some damage right? Duh... sorry my post was probably useless

#5902 5 years ago

Been nodding away on my new woz. Got a whole bunch o goodies on! The hardest part was the cliffy for the castle VUK. Here is what she has now

• All new color matched total rubbers
• Cliffy’s on shooter lane, all VUK’s, drop target and munchkin playfield.
• Molded castle walls (waiting on the lantern)
• Tornado mod
• Molded emerald city
• Toto
• Target decals
• Mylar installed in front of Winkie target

06222605-011D-4D86-A753-4CFC6AFC9F08 (resized).jpeg06222605-011D-4D86-A753-4CFC6AFC9F08 (resized).jpeg35E436C0-3BEC-4275-8026-E04197F5AE77 (resized).jpeg35E436C0-3BEC-4275-8026-E04197F5AE77 (resized).jpeg5033C21E-EF6E-423F-943F-7827E02EC6B7 (resized).jpeg5033C21E-EF6E-423F-943F-7827E02EC6B7 (resized).jpeg5223468B-6038-4407-A5B4-5137D87B67C4 (resized).jpeg5223468B-6038-4407-A5B4-5137D87B67C4 (resized).jpegA4722373-A09D-4E59-9D46-AFB5BCD3CF2A (resized).jpegA4722373-A09D-4E59-9D46-AFB5BCD3CF2A (resized).jpegB8FBBE33-9F27-4362-8601-A86993062449 (resized).jpegB8FBBE33-9F27-4362-8601-A86993062449 (resized).jpeg
#5913 5 years ago

I just did the munchkin playfield cliffy... I don’t know why folks think is so painful. I actually found it to be really straight forward... now the castle VUK that’s a doozie

#5918 5 years ago

+1 Go for it! it’s my favorite game in my collection. It’s just amazing

#5923 5 years ago

Utesichiban well... right now yes, BUT Indy will never leave my collection it’s one of my grail pins. Right now woz is still “new” and so much to keep me busy . Indy is one of the best games ever.

#5927 5 years ago

My

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I know there are some cool things about it but have to admit the board thing makes me a bit nervous.

I was nervous too, but the majority of the heaistation came from issues I’d heard... but low and behold where much more prominent on the 5v boards. I have had zero issues with mine.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

What do ECLE's typically go for? I'm guessing those with the more reliable 7.5v boards go for a bit more, right?

My ECLE was one of the last made and it only had 24 plays on it from the previous owner and I paid 7500.00 - it does have buffered boards. Personally I didn’t want a ruby red. The green fits the theme so much better imo. Additionally the direct print can which is gorgeous, and the wood apron. It’s special. For that I was willing to risk having 7.5 boards. But hey if one, or two goes I’ll just buy new ones . If you really want to go for it you can always upgrade to 2.0 boards but it’s about as involved as a playfield swap and you need to drill

#5966 5 years ago

So I was just checking to see if my ECLE had Mylar and it does, but not in the pop bumpers and not in the state fair pop area. Is this something I can order from JJP? I thought someone posted previously about this?

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Open up a ticket with support, they will probably send it to you for free (they have in the past).

Is there a spot On The website to open a ticket?

#5978 5 years ago

Nepi23 I just installed full Titan rubbers on mine. It’s all about the right tools. To answer your question no you don’t have to remove the ramp or the castle playfield. The ones near the top rollovers are the toughest. I just loosened the right ramp so I could lift it slightly. Also you will probably need to remove the metal Spacers to allow more room. I used a combination of a long screw driver and an short 90 degree angled one. For the sling under the munchkin playfield here is a good video

1 week later
#5990 5 years ago

Hey guys had an odd thing happen today. My buddy was playing my WOZ and all of the sudden all playfield lights went out...? Spotlights and throne room lights where the only ones on. I lifted the playfield to look st connections, and everything looked fine. Turned the game off and back on again... and all lights worked ? Very odd

#6019 5 years ago

that is really odd? But drop targets typically are either up or down... The mechanics are NOT made to have a "half way" state. Which makes me think this is coincidence, id check the meck from under the playfield and make 100% sure there is no binding, its moving freely, and that the entire meck itself is positioned so that the drop target is not pressing on the playfield hole it sits within. my 2 cents

#6028 5 years ago

I would remove the drop target meck so you can have it I. Your hand an ensure you can move it freely. If you can more it, then most likely it’s binding or rubbing on the playfield

#6038 5 years ago

So I filed a ticket on JJP site to get the WOZ mylar kit for my pin. I got a response pointing me where to but it on the site for 9.99, great! Add it to the cart... shipping is 16.75!?. Really ? I mean its a thin piece of film, maybe weighing a few grams

2 months later
#6299 5 years ago

Was working on my WOZ yesterday and noticed I think I have a bad LED board? IT is WAAY dimmer than the others and it flickers every now and then to brighter. Pretty sure its bad? How do I go about ordering a new one? Thanks guys

You can see it compared to another here:
LED (resized).pngLED (resized).png

Looks to be LED #116 Left Orbit High GI
IMG_7138 (resized).pngIMG_7138 (resized).png

#6301 5 years ago

Thanks mountaingamer but this board is not listes there, I find the parts page to not very helpful in the past I needed a part that was not listed there either?

#6316 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

So my witch stopped going up. I see it trying to. I did a search and couldn't find much, just check alignment. Before I dive in does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Make sure the led ribbons didn't come loose and maybe get hooked on the which mech?

1 month later
#6450 5 years ago

Hi guys! So my monkey seems to have hard time picking the ball up from the playfield magnet. The behavior almost looks like
The playfield magnet is too strong or is not releasing the ball at the right time.

About 50-60% of the time the monkey comes down tries to crab the ball, the ball moves slightly but then does not get picked up by the monkey. I’ll try to post a video, but I think I remember someone else having the same issue.

I have dug around and scoured up quite a few articles on this topic but haven’t been able to find one for my particular issue.

Thank you

#6454 5 years ago

Thanks LTG so literally just flip the magnet?

2 months later
#6877 5 years ago

WOW No Monkey?? And it's more $... interesting

#6893 5 years ago

pinheadpierre I did vuks, munchkin, shooter lane and opted not to do rollovers as they tend to diverge the ball path more than normal. Munchkin is a must the ball hit that edge in front of the ramps a lot

2 weeks later
#7164 5 years ago

Man... I like the plunge sounds, is there a way to toggle it in settings?

#7166 5 years ago

Thats it!, im selling my WOZ... JK but man that kinda is a bummer.

#7213 5 years ago

apinballwiz I hear you on the taxes, rough year, best of luck!

1 month later
#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I haven't had any issue on my 7,5v buffered boards

Same here

1 week later
#7881 4 years ago

So I have been trying to solve my monkey issue and finally got around to trying what LTG recommended. The scenario is my monkey works fine, goes all the way down, but when he tries to pick the ball up the success rate is around 50%.

From an observers perspective, it appears that the playfield magnet is not releasing at the right time or is holding on to the ball too strong.

So I flipped the playfield magnet, this resulted in the monkey only going halfway down? Totally confused, so I flipped the magnet back to the way it was. love any help or other things to try thank you.

#7883 4 years ago

Ok just tried the test I am getting no monkey sense and the magnet does not grab the ball in the test. I do get a "Top Lane Magnet" confirmation briefly but thats it

#7886 4 years ago

so ya as far as I can tell the sensor is not working i removed it from the backboard and swiped the ball in front of it nothing, I tried moving it to different positions on the backboard, nothing. The weird thing is that the magnet holds the ball in game.... just the monkey can't seem to pick it up.

EDIT: Ok i did not have the coin door closed now its working just fine.

this is the right sensor correct
sensor (resized).pngsensor (resized).png

#7887 4 years ago

Thanks LTG that link was very helpful, so it seems to be working fine now... when I initially pulled off the sensor board, the sensor was slightly bent... i straightened it out, and reattached it and sees to be working great no.... ionno

#7895 4 years ago

@harryhoudini believe its just a 2" mini flipper, that particular one has the long shaft you don't want that, its same as the Black Pearl flipper:
https://www.pinballlife.com/2-yellow-mini-flipper-bat-and-shaft-assembly.html

#7903 4 years ago

Well guys I was playing my WOZ today and a board definitely went out. I can't remember the process of skipping /bridging a light board to find which one is the culprit. I would LOVE any guidance. thank you!

See below I have highlighted the only working lights.

boards (resized).jpgboards (resized).jpglights (resized).jpglights (resized).jpg
#7909 4 years ago

Thank you so much folks I will try this shortly

#7910 4 years ago

Ok so the last light lit in the chain appears to be 3. SO, I bypassed 4 directly to 5? now how do I disable it... as nothing has yet happened? Cheers

#7912 4 years ago

ok i think i follow so if 3 is the last good one just keep branching off that to others in the series, i tried to 6 nothing so ill keep going

Its not possible this could be a fuse issue right?

#7913 4 years ago

Ok i tried 5, 6,7,8... when I connected to 5 got a quick little blink and out... the rest nothing... then I noticed this... crazy frayed ends on the W2 Connector, this can not be good ... I mean all the leads are touching, but it actually looks like a few of the longer connectors are just like this one? LTG
wire1 (resized).pngwire1 (resized).pngwire2 (resized).pngwire2 (resized).png

#7914 4 years ago

Ok I tried going from 2 to 5 and skipping 4, which actually was a working light, and we got more lights on... but still tons out in the lower playfield area

#7917 4 years ago

ok think i found them ... 3,4 and 12 appear to all be bad so going to order replacements, where do I order them? thank you so much for the help LTG
and im having a hard time finding the part number? Is it 15-0008-03, 15-0008-04, 15-0008-12....?

#7919 4 years ago

Thank you ordered 4 got a spare it seems the little GI ones are the most common to go out?

#7949 4 years ago

Walnuts? In a salad yes those are tasty, I’m totally lost on this wal nuts talk

1 week later
#8012 4 years ago

Daditude
Here: http://www.passionforpinball.com/WOZ.htm

See photo below, the entire edge is protected.

adam-edge3 (resized).jpgadam-edge3 (resized).jpg
#8032 4 years ago

I almost bought one, then I scored a late model ECLE with 7.5 boards only 45 plays, I love it... the automated one does not have the wood apron, or topper, but supposedly does have 2.0 boards.

5 months later
#9503 4 years ago

Like new ECLE for sale open to offers, cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider soulrider911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-fan-club-members-only?tu=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.